Manga Writers Tho

MintyAmbitions

So I just want to wax on about this and I figured this would be the place to do it ; though it could hypothetically work just as well in the anime general discussion area. W/ a lil' change to the wording.

I feel like enough credit isn't given nor discussed to the fact that people who write manga do s o much.
Honestly, just writers in general baffle me - I write, too. Yet I find myself cursed with the sub 10k words curse.

It just. is cool to me when creators create t h i n g s that so many people can adore and love!
Even when ideas overlap or share things or anything it's still just SUCH a cool concept!

Now.. let's not discuss the intricacies of why their jobs could be seen as living hell for the work that goes into the creating.

Just, wow cool to make things.

At the moment me and a few friends of mine started a Project and we got a few committed people to join us in our quest to make a small webtoon. I was assigned lead writer and I have a co-writer to give me a hand with dialog expression. The biggest problem we find is that when you write a story it's large, very large. We already saw this coming and we accepted an adaption from the full story, but personally I don't think I realized how much is in fact improvised when it comes to writing detailed plot. I find it amazing that people can condense stories to fit within a small margin. This is not even starting to think about all the artwork that goes into it. This is only considering the plot and how difficult it is to keep things concise.

At the moment me and a few friends of mine started a Project and we got a few committed people to join us in our quest to make a small webtoon. I was assigned lead writer and I have a co-writer to give me a hand with dialog expression. The biggest problem we find is that when you write a story it's large, very large. We already saw this coming and we accepted an adaption from the full story, but personally I don't think I realized how much is in fact improvised when it comes to writing detailed plot. I find it amazing that people can condense stories to fit within a small margin. This is not even starting to think about all the artwork that goes into it. This is only considering the plot and how difficult it is to keep things concise.

An important point; and definitely something particular to art and pic style. Although, I suppose that does at least somewhat slide into "Use the pictures to say some things." Along with the words of course, but the perfect mix that quality finds is just brilliant.

Writing is such a beautiful art form.​

I have a huge amount of respect for manga writers or any writers for that matter. The time it takes to come up with a good and cohesive plot and making sure a wide audience will like their work is hard. Also, to stay dedicated to it for a long time is impressing.

Yeah, it's baffling how they manage to produce so much so fast. Asians are workaholics, something xD. Financial compensation must be effective in terms of motivation, but not to such a degree by far. Hard to comprehend how they do it tbh. I mean, sure, some get help and it's a set industry, but drawing and drawing in detail especially consumes so MUCH time. And ppl just take a glance and list over. Also, it's mind blowing how some authors of novellas and whatnot write a chapter or even several chapters every day or almost every day. Inhuman. Untouchable. Sorta scary even.

Sorry to necro, I wasn't paying attention to the dates on the last post omg!

They're extremely admirable, I just find that anytime I think about mangaka I tend to get sad at how horribly exploitative the industry they're in really is. Like, they work so hard for absolutely terrible pay, while the publishers for the magazines they work for pocket huge returns on their art. It's not so much that financial motivation makes them work long, hard hours, but more the threat of not making rent/being able to feed themselves on their criminally low wages sadly :(

Back