Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2020

It seems I got another Santa with sixth sense this year. I'm reading their (I think it's a "her" because I think I know who it is, but won't spoil the play :P) rec, "Freaking Romance" and I happened to have life material to see a bit of myself in the main character: an abusive, trashy father (if you're thinking of reading it, be aware of this, as it may be a trigger for you. It's not really that much of a trigger for me but I'd have like to be warned of this before). I saw in the warning content that it has domestic and physical abuse but this could've meant anything, with whatever family role. But my Santa hit bull's-eye. I'm enjoying to see someone sorta like myself dealing with this, and with plenty of good funny scenes before and after. I wasn't expecting that much from this title, but I'm enjoying it.

For my Secret Santa i watched Akatsuki No Yona. The anime is not finished yet but at the moment we have the first season (24 eps) and 2 OAV (3 eps).
I can say i liked it. Also if in some cases it s not such a new thing it gave me good emotions.
I gave it 4.5 stars.
I hope they ll finish it someday cause i m quite curious.
Merry Christmas you all!
I suggest picking up the manga since I have my doubts about a second season.

For my Secret Santa i watched Akatsuki No Yona. The anime is not finished yet but at the moment we have the first season (24 eps) and 2 OAV (3 eps).
I can say i liked it. Also if in some cases it s not such a new thing it gave me good emotions.
I gave it 4.5 stars.
Merry Christmas you all!

Yona is really good and I want a second season sooooooooooo bad. But the more time passes,the less likely it feels so I also recommend picking up the manga.

I finished my second pick, Yakusoku no Neverland.
Well, I really loved it since the first episode, I'm gonna read the manga and watch the second season when it starts.

Thank you very much Santa for the recommendations you gave me.
Next one is Babylon.
Uff be aware the series will have 180º turn. I, personally, didn't enjoy the manga/anime as much as I thought I was. Its kinda overhyped but its worth giving a shot.

I gave it 4.5 stars.
Merry Christmas you all!
I had my eyes on Yona for some time but since there's only one season and the manga isn't finished I think ill wait till the manga finishes. I don't have the energy to keep on an ongoing manga/anime 0.0

My recipient finished one of my recs earlier, and gave it a pretty good rating (in my standards) of 7/10, so I'm happy. ^^
Still, I have a feeling I should've gave them Shonen/fighting type anime's instead, but they watched a TON of what I would've recommended, and they did say they were fine with pretty much any genre, so there's that.

As for me, I'm almost halfway done with SNAFU.

I gave it 4.5 stars.
Merry Christmas you all!
If you have the time, I highly recommend reading the manga. It goes into more of the story and... MORE ROMANCE which I'm eternally thankful for.

I only hope my receipt next year ...... has at least ratings or like/dislike character list cause my receipt this year literally had nothing to help me get an idea of their preference.
I dont even know their gender (was my last hope) lol.
I hope a new rule is made for ratings or having a characters loved/hated list.
I get it might not be the same for everyone, but I actually don't like rating the things I read. I know I'm pretty easily entertained, so how good a story is doesn't correlate to how much I enjoy it. There's definitely a couple of crappy manga I continue to read that I wonder why, but I have fun despite knowing they're bad. Things I don't actually enjoy usually end up in my stalled folder, along with the few things I plan on getting back to. I rated a couple of things back in the beginning, but then stopped when I felt like I was being too nice by going of how much I liked them and not how good they were. I really only notice if something's really good or really bad now, so trying to give justice to everything feels a little troublesome.

On another note, I finished Chibi Vampire the other night. I had a little less fun than with Orange Marmalade, but I felt the ending of this one was better. Orange Marmalade felt rushed with a perfect little bow on top. While I would have hated to be in Karin's position with her parents at the end of Chibi, I appreciated it as a writing technique. On the other hand, there's no explanation with what happened to "Sophia" and why Karin ended up the way she did. It's got a unique premise, but it didn't feel like there was any character development in Karin, just the same mistakes and problems every time. I did really like the family's relationship tho, good stuff, and more accurate than some. I'm glad I found and read it, but, aside from which one is better, I enjoyed Orange Marmalade more.

but like how do they not make a big deal out of Zen’s WHITE hair or Mitsuhide’s BLUE hair when they make Shirayuki’s red hair a huge spectacle lol[/QUOTE]

My friend was actually pretty upset when they made Mitsuhide's hair different from the manga. Like, they went and made his hair the only one to be outside the realm of normalcy. White hair is crazy, but at least it's somewhat feasible without dye.

I gave it 4.5 stars.
Merry Christmas you all!
I fourth the reading the manga. My favorite arc is right after the show ends and I have no confidence we'll get it animated. Yona's character growth stays amazing, and, aside from some of my favorite arcs, stuff's going down right now.

HI EXCUSE ME I HAVE THINGS TO SAY
This absurd ridiculous anime--about girls with magic wolves coming out of their asses--had a plot twist in the last episode--involving a character with my disorder that people don't even think is real--WITH LIKE 90% ACCURACY AND 100% LOVE?
WHAT TIMELINE AM I IN??
I'll write a review tomorrow if I have time, I unironically loved Keijo and was not expecting DID rep

Back