Brand New Animal

Guess I’m one of the few being a good little girl and waiting for it to air on Netflix
I like being a pirate ARGH!
source.gif

Wow, Trigger hit this one out of the park. 1st ep at least. It was a great diversion after coming home from the store with all the scary humans there.
What fun! I hope it does not peter out in the middle. PS Netflix sucks! They said this would air on March 23rd. But NOOOO! Probably get it at the end of Aprille. ;)

Been putting off watching this too early because I guessed it would end in a cliffhanger sort of way, and it kind of did. So Michiru's friend is pretending to be a god in a cult because it makes her feel popular, and it seems apparent now that her friend really has changed from how she used to be. Maybe it was the accident they were in? Speaking of the accident, how did that happen and is it related to their 'disease'? I really wanna see where this is going.

Episodes 1 - 6
It really does give me that Gurren Lagen feel and vibe. The impressive score, the animation, the character interactions, and the world building. There are some off points here and there, but that's mostly with the main character. I would have liked a little bit more of a back story on her, but as is, its fine.

The dynamics of having a situation and a safe place for the people identified as 'beastmen' is quite cool. It has all of the political juggling as one would expect as well. From the various ministries, to the criminal aspect, and the general population. To often times I think shows miss these vital areas as points of reference.

Pairing the MC with wolf-senpai though, I almost get an ehm..Gunsmith Cats/You're Under Arrest connection in a way. Maybe its just the dynamic between the two characters really, or maybe it was just adding to the mix as I felt the need to rewatch some classics prior to this. Fumes of nostalgia or something.

The sports episode really was quite enjoyable, watching her arm spurt muscles for those pitches. The bears being lovable losers. The drunk coach and his backstory, the gambling, the over the top violence in the game otherwise that became its reality for those attending.

The creepy bit with her once best friend, now cult icon. I guess that's a form of idol, bit of the extreme though. I can see them as being some sort of antagonist later in the series though, along with the corporation baddie who's come to the city.

Episodes 1-6

This anime is so good so far! I can't find anything I don't like about it! The art is good, the music is good, the story is good, the color work is fantastic! The only kind of frustrating part is waiting on the rest of it to come out so I can see what exactly is to become of our little Tanuki girl. She's adorable, as much as she hates being a Tanuki there are way worse options, at least she's not whatever that baseball coach was. He was ugly lol.

It sucks that her friend changed so much :( I hope they can become friends again before it's all over.

Ep 7
I really want to see more of this cult. That guy leader really has the bad guy vibes ngl. Nazuna is pretty as always tho. We can see that she genuinely enjoys her position as the leader (if she's no acting. But I doubt that smile would be just an act).
I can't wait to just binge the new set of eps tho- xdd

Back