what kind of hobbys besides anime does everyone have?

My interests and hobbies-----shoujo anime, shoujo manga, fan of anime and manga that have a transgender male to female theme, fan of anime and manga that have blood-related brother and sister in a romantic shipping and relationship, creator of FANDOM Wikis featuring transgender themes or teenage romance themes, Asian ball-jointed dolls, Gothic / Lolita fashion and lifestyle, adult competitive ice skating and ice dancing, creative writer of TG fiction, non-fiction writer, manga and anime artist, fan of demolition derbys.

I really like watching demolition derbys !

I like cycling and camping but most of all I like plane travelling. It's rather my obsession then hobby.

Last edited:
I'm a sad human being without any passions so my free time passing activities are limited to being sad and watching youtube.

I'm kind of manic, so I'll list a few of the many things I do to chase away The Bad Feelies.

I...

- collect old books, leatherbound books, and autographed books (Stephen King and a Chuck Palahniuk are my favs in my collection).
- collect vinyl toys (artsy adult kind).
- collect vinyl records.
- have a fairly THICC DVD collection.
- woodwork.
- make leather journals.
- big into cooking, both to eat AND learn about new cultures.
- learning Japanese.
- collect coins.
- Write poetry.
- reading, novels and educational stuffs, although I'm generally not drawn to nonfiction books (prefer academic articles)
- frequent walker of beaches and woods.
- play board games with my board game friends.
- go see movies with my movie lover friends.
- play DnD with my DnD friends.
- collect insect specimens.
- love to travel and explore.
- try to hone my amateur photography skills.
- doodle and paint (emphasis on the doodle)
- collect, but do not read manga (I seriously own over 300 manga, and have not read one, I just always buy one if I see it at a thrift store or book sale.)
- love fashion, and am either browsing sale/clearance racks, or thrift stores.
- try to memorize all the countries of the world and their capitals (I can usually retain all countries, capitals will leave my brain in a few weeks)

That's probably a good enough indicator of who I am, but I'm also wildly poor, so I'm able to have so many hobbies because I can only pursue each one casually when the opportunity presents itself, lol.

My first love is sports. I often go to basketball games during the winter and baseball games during the summer. I also attend as many home games of my former soccer team as I can, however I'll probably cut down on that after next year, as by then I'll be far more busy and most of the guys I was on the team with will have graduated by then. One of my goals in the future is to take a road trip to Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park to see my beloved Orioles play a game up there.

Outside of sports, I keep it simple. I like to stroll the boardwalk at the beach, go to the library or Barnes & Noble and read for a few hours, I have a couple of classes each semester that I do to earn my degree and have worked a few off and on jobs, and that really is about it. It's not much, but for me personally I'm content with it.

Let's see...

I...
-Scrapbook
-Journal/bullet journal
-Sticker plan in planner
-Write poetry and short stories
-Dance (from pole dance to hiphop to contemporary)
-Sing
-Read anything of interest
-Event plan (weddings and social events)
-Volunteer
-Travel & love trying exotic, new cuisines
-Enjoy broadways/musicals & dramas
-Enjoy sex (ahem for educational purposes)
-Am an activist for the wildlife

other hobbies i got, is:

cars
physical training
scalemodelling
RC cars
going to the cinema/watching movies
listening to music
kickboxing
a little bit of PC gaming (not as much as it used to be)
learning Japanese
surfing internet
lurking on web sites
watching fun stuff or stuff that interests me on youtube

have had some ideas for webmanga for some time, but i cant draw, and is no good at writing, so i dont think that will happen.
have also been wanting to make electronic music myself, but havent found a program i could get started with.

o wow a thread i havent posted in yet i didnt expect to see that

um, music is probably my big thing. i really try to be a walking radio dj, i want to know everything there is about bands and musicians. wrestling, i've watched it since i was a child and i know more than any single human should. iguess i play games. if u cool u can ask for my steam. though i play a lot of xbox one and dreamcast usually. um im sure im forgetting something

also what the fuck is an anime

Watching non-anime. lol Currently binging on Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 3. Simpsons season 4 is next, then X-Files season 4, then Buffy season 4, and so on and so forth. Will be picking up the Buffy spin-off, "Angel" alongside Buff S4 just because they cross over quite a number of times. Been contemplating whether I should pick up Angel or not, but reviews seem not bad, and the crossovers seem more than enough justification for me to watch it.

Other than non-anime, I've also been playing lots of Hitman games, but I think I'm starting to get sick of it and just video games in general. My constant pursuit of gratification from completing achievements is starting to feel superficial and is sending my mind down a place that isn't so healthy. So I think I might just reserve more of my time for just the binge watching from now on.

And of course, there's my first love, the movies. Every week for the past month or two, I've been picking out one movie to watch around the weekends. I hope to keep this habit up for a long time to come. Seen about 1,300+ movie titles by now, and I'm hoping to watch even more.

Last but not least, there's also comic books. Recently picked up I Pledge Allegiance to the Mask which turned out to be a major disappointment at the end. Right now, I'm trying to read Kick-Ass 3, which I'm hoping to have a better conclusion than the vapid movie adaptations. I find that, like manga, comics tend to have an easier time delving into more disturbing territory like the original The Mask comic book which was far gorier than its movie counterpart, Kick-Ass which was a cynical but satisfying take on average nobodies trying to be superheroes or The Unfunnies, which was a very pessimistic tale about a comic book artist gone bad, adding violence and mayhem to what was once his light-hearted comics. That last one isn't exactly subtle with its point, but it's just an example of comics being able to bend the rules much more flexibly than the likes of movies, which is why I enjoy them so much, that rawness and anarchy.

Last edited:
Is being on A-P a hobby? Cuz I spend an awful lot of time here.

Other than that, I like to collect things. Currently that's mostly anime, manga, soundtracks and other anime merch, but I also collect random things like candles, mugs, frogs and anything green that I think is cute. I like landscapes and really enjoy buying art from local artists. I like to hike, take pictures, write poetry and sing. I also like to read about natural disasters and natural science in general and enjoy watching British TV murder mysteries.

Last edited:
Writing, drawing, media analysis, other media (reading, film, comics, western animation, video games, mobile games, podcasts..... less live action tv, but ive been trying im just pretty faceblind so I don't enjoy it as much), learning languages. tending to my pets too (rats/dog)

wish I had more active hobbies tbqh, but every time I try to get into an active hobby I feel bored of it. closest I get is swimming

.. I’ve started learning German as well, and sleep is always nice. XD
* We got a keyboard.. so far I’ve mastered twinkle twinkle little star , God bless the broken road, and Unravel from Tokyo Ghoul *

Back