Texhnolyze

skankfish

The official thread for this seems to be locked in the review section (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm coming towards the end of this and really enjoying it, although the dialogue is really hard to follow, especially subbed. You need the concentration of an Easter Island head.

Gave me a headache after ep 8 just trying to keep up........or maybe it was the weed....I don't know........?!

But I got through it.

Makes me wanna watch it again

I've been really looking forward to picking this one up since it has the same director as Shigurui, however I wasn't expecting it to be noticeable heavy going. Thanks for the warning, I will definitely need to make sure I've had my orange juice before starting it.

Are the subs hard to follow then? Move too quick, or simply lots of reading?

I've been really looking forward to picking this one up since it has the same director as Shigurui, however I wasn't expecting it to be noticeable heavy going.

While Texhnolyze has the same director as Shigurui, hence the dark, ponderous tone, it's also got the writer and some of the creative staff from Serial Experiments Lain... hence the title being something if a dense mindfuck pretty much from episode 1 onwards.

As far as subs go I think there's like over ten minutes into the first episode before you hear any dialogue in this series. There's a lot of image-driven storytelling so one really does have to pay attention.

yeah it's not heavy on dialogue. its basically watch and glance at what is said every now and then. i've actually gotten pretty into it. as far as concentration, haven't seen a problem, cause since like episode 4 i've been watching pretty intensely

I'm into this. However, I am watching it as slowly as it moves... :smile: I don't mean that in a bad way though. I'm on episode 11 I think, I've really enjoyed the way things have slowly come together... it starts to make sense without noticeably doing so. The fluid storytelling mixed with the snail pacing makes for quite a strange viewing experience.

I'm into this. However, I am watching it as slowly as it moves... :smile: I don't mean that in a bad way though. I'm on episode 11 I think, I've really enjoyed the way things have slowly come together... it starts to make sense without noticeably doing so. The fluid storytelling mixed with the snail pacing makes for quite a strange viewing experience.

I often wonder if this is a better way to watch many titles. Rather than a jam pack of episodes, you relish the story as it goes.

Then again, i can end up stalling out waiting too long. ;)

I've been two episodes away from the end for ages. Although it's good, it doesn't exactly demand you watch the next episode ASAP, does it?

No, no it doesn't. Though when I watched it, I did in a half-marathon. I did half the series one Saturday and the rest on Sunday. I couldn't pull myself away. Probably because it took so much effort to figure out what was going on.

Episode 19

Very depressing episode.

So, we finally visit the world above... and it's as fucked up and weird as things are below. In fact, there is more humanity to be found in Lux itself. Couldn't help but frown constantly once it became apparant that Doc was negotiating for the future of Lux (and whatever the above world is called) with a fucking CHAIR. A lot of stuff in Texhnolyze doesn't make sense.

Thoughts so far with ep. 1:
Well, there's very little dialogue so far, but I already knew that when I saw the episode with my brother a long time ago. There's fighting between two groups, and the protagonist Ichise almost loses an eyeball to a hooker. Seriously, there's always that unlucky guy in an anime who loses an eyeball when it happens. So the same hooker pulls some strings and gets a yakuza group to take off a few of Ichise's limbs. The anime has this "payback is a bitch" theme going for it.

Its overall depressing what happened to Ichise though. I'm happy that Gackt made the ending song since I've been getting into their music recently, especially with their Returner song. The anime is different but that isn't a bad thing. The question is whether it will maintain its strength till the end.

I really need to watch this series again, all I remember is that it was dark, confusing and that I fucking LOVED it.

Also that intro is awesome~

Back