Gaming Discussion Thread

Man, that smash reveal was hilarious. That's like probably number 4 of the top 5 worst choices they could have possibly done for a new character.

I played it for about an hour now, and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. The difficulty of this game is insane.
I had to go through the tutorial and fail multiple times to get a hang of it, it's just bananas in trying to get into it. But if you don't continue the Castille game in the tutorial, you could always do an 1066 start with an Irish Petty King, like Mumu! Gets you to learn the basics without getting into too much of big kingdom politics.

Mumu!

Man, that smash reveal was hilarious. That's like probably number 4 of the top 5 worst choices they could have possibly done for a new character.

I like FE as a franchise, but Byleth is like the LAMEST CHOICE they could have ever done. We already have enough FE fighters in Smash already, jesus fucking christ Nintendo.

My disappointment is endless with this.

I like FE as a franchise, but Byleth is like the LAMEST CHOICE they could have ever done. We already have enough FE fighters in Smash already, jesus fucking christ Nintendo.

On the other hand, adding a lame-ass zero personality character design like Byleth reminds me how much I love Roy in contrast. Byleth be looking like chrom with bedhead, and female Byleth looks like a stripper with a coat.

Also, we get 6 more DLC characters, so that's something.

On the other hand, adding a lame-ass zero personality character design like Byleth reminds me how much I love Roy in contrast.
Because Roy is such a paragon of strong personality and good writing. :laugh: Perhaps the very last classic Fire Emblem character I'd mention in this context.

I had to go through the tutorial and fail multiple times to get a hang of it, it's just bananas in trying to get into it. But if you don't continue the Castille game in the tutorial, you could always do an 1066 start with an Irish Petty King, like Mumu! Gets you to learn the basics without getting into too much of big kingdom politics.

Mumu!
I'm supposed to kill my brother now, so I guess I got somewhere at least. :D
I also read that starting in Ireland is the best choice for new players. Well, I'll try to beat the tutorial first and then take my chances.

My original Witcher 3 save is gonna be two years old in a few weeks and I think it's time to re-visit the game again. Gonna start from scratch on Blood & Broken Bones difficulty and do a Death March run with NG+ if I feel like it. This isn't influenced by common's recent playthrough in the slightest, no sir.

Think I'm gonna be as antisocial and indifferent as possible this time around. NPCs in need are my kryptonite and I can never be mean to anyone but I think that's exactly why it could be fun. Time to blow off Yen and Triss and fully commit myself to the witcher trade.

NPCs are the bees knees. I couldn't find a sound clip, but one of my favorite parts of the game was running through a crowded place, bumping into an NPC when all of a sudden: "H'o~oooooohhh." Dat sound makes my life.

Because Roy is such a paragon of strong personality and good writing. :laugh: Perhaps the very last classic Fire Emblem character I'd mention in this context.
That's kind of a bitchy way to put it, but okay. He has a good design at least, was the point I was trying to make, more than I can say for Byleth.

I agree, but in my case I wanted Edelgard instead if they were gonna add another FE character :-(

Why wouldn't they add a Three Houses character? Would be like them not adding any more Pokemon. They're gonna keep adding characters from these popular franchises as long as they keep making games for them. Wouldn't make any sense for them not to.

Why wouldn't they add a Three Houses character? Would be like them not adding any more Pokemon. They're gonna keep adding characters from these popular franchises as long as they keep making games for them. Wouldn't make any sense for them not to.
Because of the franchise representation and the limited amount of resources the development team have to add new characters, so it's wasteful to keep spending those resources on characters from franchises that are already well-represented? They sure as shit shouldn't add any new pokemon either. We have more than enough.

Because of the franchise representation and the limited amount of resources the development team have to add new characters, so it's wasteful to keep spending those resources on characters from franchises that are already well-represented? They sure as shit shouldn't add any new pokemon either. We have more than enough.
In your opinion, but Nintendo clearly doesn't agree. I guarantee that adding these characters only further boosts interest in the games they represent.

I'd agree with you if they were adding more characters from like Awakening or something, But Three Houses is still quite new.

In your opinion, but Nintendo clearly doesn't agree. I guarantee that adding these characters only further boosts interest in the games they represent.

I'd agree with you if they were adding more characters from like Awakening or something, But Three Houses is still quite new.
There's nothing new about this character as a fire emblem rep. It would be like having mario in the game already, but then when mario odyssey comes out, having mario and mario odyssey mario as dlc. There's precious little difference between someone like the three houses guy, and... chrom, or marth, or ike for god's sake.

And for the record they do have doctor mario, and yes, i think that's a bad decision as well.

There's nothing new about this character as a fire emblem rep. It would be like having mario in the game already, but then when mario odyssey comes out, having mario and mario odyssey mario as dlc. There's precious little difference between someone like the three houses guy, and... chrom, or marth, or ike for god's sake.

And for the record they do have doctor mario, and yes, i think that's a bad decision as well.
It's still a new character from a new game, regardless of how similar it feels to previous characters. Nintendo obviously doesn't care about how much a franchise is represented as a whole or how similar characters are in the game so much as representing games they've just released to promote them. They've done it for FE before and it worked so they're gonna keep doing it. I'd be SHOCKED if they don't release a new Sword/Shield Pokemon in the next DLC pack.

I'm supposed to kill my brother now, so I guess I got somewhere at least. :D
1 hour later, I'm dead. Because while I was unsuccessfully trying to move the plot against that sumabitch along, my sister threw a revolution against me. Ffs.

I also bothered to watch the trailer, and it's hilarious:

EOaVHDoU0AUfcuY.jpg

1 hour later, I'm dead. Because while I was unsuccessfully trying to move the plot against that sumabitch along, my sister threw a revolution against me. Ffs.

I also bothered to watch the trailer, and it's hilarious:
This game seems mildly amusing, I might give it a try later. Just for Thrawn.

So I've been enjoying this neat "point & click" puzzle/problem solving game for the Nintendo Switch, called The Book of Unwritten Tales 2, which spoofs a ton of different franchises like Minecraft, GOT, Harry Potter, LOTR, Skyrim, & many more. (Even Monster's Inc.)

I'm not far into the game since I just started it late last night, but to me it's so interactive & the graphics are pretty good IMO.

Only thing I'm not liking so far is some of the puzzles have really weird/stupid answers for solving them that can take a long time to figure out yourself, unless you're really imaginative and are used to these types of games. (An example: There's this one part where you have to get a book on wood-cutting, and you have to read it to a "Happy" Weeping Willow. Like...what? O_o )

The dialogue is pretty heckin' hilarious as well, I gotta say, and you can kinda choose how you wanna answer certain NPC's.

I haven't played the PC version since I'm not really a PC gamer, but there IS a PC version if someone wants to try it, but doesn't have a Switch.

SSBU now has 3 blank slate audience insert JRPG picks for the fighter pass

Honestly, the new mii skins were more interesting, though wasting 2 Mega Men and Cuphead on gunner skins is less than ideal.

Back