Looking for long running and amusing romance manga

UniversalParanoia1

Lately I’ve been craving romance manga, but when I find a good one, I have to wait for updates. And I’d rather have a big romance manga I could just read whenever. I would prefer that the characters end up in a canon ship at some point. So I’m wondering if anyone knows any great, long, satisfying romance manga.

Ldk is a very nice manga with 99 chapters! The last 30 chapters weren't translated before, but a new group is translating it now (already translated 6 chapters already).
Skip Beat is a verrrry long manga (273+ chapters, and is ongoing). But the romance in it is dragging... meaning the mc are still not a couple.
Akatsuki no Yona is supernatural genre, but is long with great character development, but the romance between the MCs is too slow. (162+ chapters)
Vampire Knight is vampire genre, but has great romance, and beautiful art style. (93 chapters + Vampire knight Memories manga).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mayo Chiki! It's not too long though ... and I actually have only seen anime (am planning to read the manga too one day.) right now, but I know it's story is quite cute and amusing. I found the characters interesting and cute too. So if you don't mind ecchi and panty shots too much, then you might want to give it a try. There were not too many of those things in the anime, but there's no guarantee manga doesn't have a lot of it.

Almost forgot an ongoing manhwa I am enjoying right now. A Good Day to Be a Dog. The story itself is kind of silly but I can't stop reading it because it's also cute and funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of them take a while to get going, while others just jump right in; not sure if all of them are 'amusing', but here's a small list of mostly complete romances in no particular order, with current progress:
Their Story (187ch, ongoing)
Spice & Wolf (108ch, but not romance focused)
Pulse (68ch)
Real Girl (48ch)
What Does the Fox Say (112ch, ongoing)
Komi Can't Communicate (201ch, ongoing)
I Love Yoo (89ch, ongoing)
Girls of the Wild's (260ch, although not all romance)
Hiyokoi (61ch)
Lily (733ch, ongoing)
Bakuman (176ch, but not romance focused)
unTOUCHable (140ch)
A Silent Voice (62ch)
Her Tale of Shim Cheong (81ch)

Last edited:
Lately I’ve been craving romance manga, but when I find a good one, I have to wait for updates. And I’d rather have a big romance manga I could just read whenever. I would prefer that the characters end up in a canon ship at some point. So I’m wondering if anyone knows any great, long, satisfying romance manga.
I don’t know if it is very long but masamune no revenge kun is pretty amusing

Mysterious Girlfriend X ( 94 chapters, completed / the romance between the boy and girl comes on a little slow, and is a bit kinky, but it's there for the enjoyment )

Romance recommendations!!
  • Secret Beauty
  • Age Matter
  • Kiss Bet
  • Orange (it is a little sad)
  • Seasons of Blossoms
  • Nice to meet you
  • See you in my 19th life
  • Back to you
  • I love Yoo
  • Lore Olympus

Back