The Mandalorian

I find it funny, that Mando probably spends more time knocked flat on his ass and getting his ass kicked than anything in this show. He hasn't been able to succeed most of the time without some form of help or assistance.
Always part of the fun is when a protagonist can take a good few punches.

I assume as the stakes get higher in the show, we'll see him have to pull out bigger and more impressive feats, but until then I'm pretty happy with how this is going.
Becoming an
impromptu dad to Baby Yoda is sweet and all, but the most relatable thing Mando did was blow his paycheck on a swag new set of armor.

The third episode was the best overall so far. The action was so damn good, but it was the scenes in the Mandalorian enclave that really left a lasting impression. I like that kind of world building.

Yes. This is the way.

Becoming an
impromptu dad to Baby Yoda is sweet and all, but the most relatable thing Mando did was blow his paycheck on a swag new set of armor.

The third episode was the best overall so far. The action was so damn good, but it was the scenes in the Mandalorian enclave that really left a lasting impression. I like that kind of world building.

IMHO, the world building, at least with the original movies was always one of the best things about star wars to me and this captures that similar feel. Where they didn't really drop a ton of exposition or anything. But let a lot of it speak for itself and with the visuals.

Episode 4

I love the original trilogy, I really bloody do. But they introduced so much cool shit and did nothing with it, or, even worse, made it seem shit and useless.

AT-AT's, AT-ST's, speed bikes, TIE fighters, Y Wings... All of them looked really cool, but not one of them did anything cool.

One thing the new Star Wars films has done is reverse that. The X-Wings flying across the lake into battle in The Force Awakens is probably the best X-Wing scene of all time, and in this episode of The Mandalorian, an AT-ST is imposing and scary as fuck, not something that gets taken down by a bunch of Care Bears.

This episode was also the right kind of cheese, it had a training montage and everything, and had some new characters that I hope we'll get to see again.

I will admit, near the end of the episode,
I did think it was a little silly to think about leaving Baby Yoda, but I'm glad that reversed quickly.

Adding my appreciation of the world building around Mandalorian, not being able to take your helmet off and stuff, I really hope that they stay as a support network with a rich culture, and don't become the secret bad guys at the end of the show.

AT-AT's, AT-ST's, speed bikes, TIE fighters, Y Wings... All of them looked really cool, but not one of them did anything cool.

One thing the new Star Wars films has done is reverse that. The X-Wings flying across the lake into battle in The Force Awakens is probably the best X-Wing scene of all time, and in this episode of The Mandalorian, an AT-ST is imposing and scary as fuck, not something that gets taken down by a bunch of Care Bears.

Y-wing bombers in rogue one was magical to me. Y-wings DESERVE MORE FUCKING RESPECT. I loved playing the bombers all the time on the N64 version of Rogue Squadron. >_>

Last edited:
Episode 5:

Every time Peli spoke I could only hear Princess Carolyn from Bojack Horseman. Amy Sedaris has a very distinctive voice.

This was another entertaining one off adventure, but the ending suggests it connects to a bigger plot. I've been having fun with the episodic stuff. I wouldn't mind if the show started to get more into the plot.

Mando got in some good dry one liners at the expense of the young bounty hunter with big dreams. I liked the tactics the pair used to hunt down the assassin. It showed Mando's experience as a tracker and bounty hunter. He really does feel like an old hand that has survived all these years because of his intelligence and cunning rather than just being a badass with cool gadgets. Although he'd still be dead this episode if it wasn't for his Beskar armor.

Episode 5:

Every time Peli spoke I could only hear Princess Carolyn from Bojack Horseman. Amy Sedaris has a very distinctive voice.

It's funny because Princess Caroyln also handles a child in bojack, you can't not draw those parallels.

----
05:

We still don't know why the fuck anyone wants Baby Yoda and there was quite a lot of fan service this episode, but I am just eating this all up. Loved all the fanservice and references. This is the epitome of good team work right here, getting your asses beaten for each other. Also this is probably the first time ever we see Tuskens actually be civil. Mando negotiating through the power of sign language was the coolest thing.

P.S.
"SHE HAS THE HIGH GROUND"

Last edited:
"SHE HAS THE HIGH GROUND"

John Favreau seems to be having a blast writing this. He's constantly peppering in fan service references. I have to say adding that line was clunky and distracting though.

I think they want the child for the merchandising rights. Whoever controls the child could rebuild the Empire off the toy sales alone.

Episode 5

Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Or so much glorious fanservice.

Really liked this episode again, so much cool shit to see in it, like the helmets on the stakes (heads still in them?) the cantina where Luke met Han, even using the same species of animal to ride that we saw in A New Hope.

Also seeing Mando have to use his wits again, he knew he was on the back foot and did things he probably wouldn't have done if he wasn't so desperate for money and ship repairs.

The end of the episode is hinting at a wider story too, and the main internet theory is that it's
Boba Fett

I really hope it isn't. For one it doesn't make sense, and two, Mando is just way fucking cooler anyway.

The end of the episode is hinting at a wider story too, and the main internet theory is that it's
Boba Fett

Is that really a discussion? Boba Fett is dead, isn't he? In Return of the Jedi he fell to that sand beast. Him somehow surviving should be veeeery unprobable.

Is that really a discussion? Boba Fett is dead, isn't he? In Return of the Jedi he fell to that sand beast. Him somehow surviving should be veeeery unprobable.

There are plenty of comics and other material where he survived the Sarlacc Pit. He fell into the sandy vagina on Tatooine so I can see where the fan theories are coming from. I highly doubt it's going to be the case as this show hasn't been that distracting with its fanservice.

Episode 6:

This was the coolest episode of the season.
I love getting a peak into Mando's past without a bunch of blatant exposition. He's desperate for money and goes back to some nasty people he worked for in the past. It was obvious this whole thing was going to blow up on him, but Mando scraps his way through like he always does. The razzing before the actual prison break filled in some backstory for Mando in a natural way.

Bill Burr was great as Mayfield, but I still hate him because he dropped Baby Yoda. Clancy Brown looked cool as the giant alien Burg. Natalia Tena was good as the chaotic Twi’lek. Interesting that someone like that would have been Mando's lover. He's obviously changed a lot since his more wild days. He's a surrogate dad now though and doesn't believe in needless killing.

Lots of cool action scenes in this episode. Mando taking down the droids in the corridor was sweet. He may not want to kill people, but he's okay with fuckin' up some droids. However, the best moment in the episode is when the Child is trying to use the force on Zero and thinks he's the reason that Zero fell. That moment when he looks at his hand in shock is hilarious.

06:

"I WASN'T A STORMTROOPER"

Oh SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP, throwing some mother fucking shade on the storm troopers right there. Poor droid tho getting his arm ripped off, it was an oil bath. THE HORROR.

Pretty action packed episode and the red lighting in the 2nd half of the episode was a pretty great spoopy mood setter as Mando sneaked around.

This was easily the best episode of the show to me so far.

Last edited:
Yeah, when Mando was
sneaking up on Mayfield he made for a pretty convincing slasher.

This show seems to avoid human violence by having all the fucked up stuff happen to droids to keep it more family friendly or at least PG-13.

In case you were wondering why Mandalorians don't take their helmets off.

Q3rq5v5.jpg

Episode 6
The devil and the robot character Zero, were such a cool Hellboy reference, I loved it, they are clearly fans of Hellboy character designs so that was nice. I loved the episode, this was the best one so far, Mando was so cool and I was so happy when he and baby yoda finally got rid of them and they could finally relax. Oh man, those guys deserved all what Mando did to them (I really enjoy all the characters, the actors did a fantastic job very entertaining the brother and sister characters were crazy,loved her knives scenes-not your regular knives interesting weapons, also was cool how the devil guy was like "your fire aint doing shit to me hohoho" ) Mando was perhaps the best ever in this episode. So many amazing scenes, amazing show.

Last edited:
Episode 7:

He's trying to eat me.

Baby Yoda isn't all cuteness. He's perfectly willing to choke a bitch if it means protecting Mando. I like this show of the light and dark side of the child. In one scene he chokes Cara because he doesn't understand arm wrestling is a game. In the next he's using the force to heal. The child can go either way depending on how he is raised. Being force. The Empire might be trying to claim him to mold another Emperor.

This episode was just all around fantastic. I'm glad Cara and Kuill were brought back even if things didn't end well for Kuill. It was nice to see the relationships Mando has made paying off.

Weirdly this show is about parenthood. Kuill description of fixing the droid sounds a lot like parenthood. Mando is just learning to be a parent and he's still got a lot to learn. Especially about leaving the child around flight controls. The episode did a great job of making me empathize with Kuill before what seems like his demise. I already liked him after his first appearance, but this made me like him even more. I wanted him to make it back to the ship to at least be able to put up a fight.

On the other side of the coin we have the client making the last ditch defense of all fascists "at least the trains run on time."

“A libation to celebrate the closing of our shared narrative?” if you know anything about Wener Herzog then you know he 100 percent improvised this line. You'll not convince me otherwise.

Also holy shit, Moff Gus Fring is the big bad. I love it.

Back