Anime Bingo Challenge: Fall 2019

Which of these anime should we group-watch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Please see the above posts for an explanation.

And will you take my word on it being an anime from my recommendation list? Or do I need photographical evidence?
Your recommendation list shouldn't be needed. I assume you are looking at that "Watch an anime under recommendation" square, but what we actually ask you to do for that is post right here in this thread asking for a recommendation from your fellow players! Pick something that one of them suggests, watch it, and then when you claim the square, quote their recommendation to you, and not only will you get the square, but they get a bonus point for being chosen!

Your recommendation list shouldn't be needed. I assume you are looking at that "Watch an anime under recommendation" square, but what we actually ask you to do for that is post right here in this thread asking for a recommendation from your fellow players! Pick something that one of them suggests, watch it, and then when you claim the square, quote their recommendation to you, and not only will you get the square, but they get a bonus point for being chosen!

I feel smart for asking because I was totally going to go the other route. And by your words, I can go:

"Sup Mello, time to ranch it up and get my picks on, y'all got a pick for ol' Thrawnlicious, ain't too viscous, some 12 ep dope spot what what!"

And then they give me something, I watch it, quote this post and their post in the same post as I claim it and it's kosher like Leviticus?

I feel smart for asking because I was totally going to go the other route. And by your words, I can go:

"Sup Mello, time to ranch it up and get my picks on, y'all got a pick for ol' Thrawnlicious, ain't too viscous, some 12 ep dope spot what what!"

And then they give me something, I watch it, quote this post and their post in the same post as I claim it and it's kosher like Leviticus?
Where can I learn to have your way with words?

Yup! Hell, you don't even need to quote your own post asking, as long as you quote their post with the rec (though we won't complain if you do).

To be honest, the new card that I got is a lot better than the original, and I don't have to make many adjustments to my initial plans for the old card. The only block that I might have trouble with is the Studio Pierrot one, but other than that it's a pretty solid card. Harem, shounen, and BL/GL were exchanged for sports, mecha, and the (controversial?) psychological genres, which are genres I'm used to watching so I should have fun with this card.

Hey there everyone! With this new card, I now have a recommendation square, so I need your help with some recs.

Well you gave me some earlier on this thread, so I'll return the favor:

1-cour shows:
- Made In Abyss (my highest recommendation to you)
- True Tears
- Wise Man's Grandchild

2-cour shows:
- Nagi no Asukara (A Lull in the Sea)
- Kakuriyo: Bed and Breakfast for Spirits
- The Rising of the Shield Hero

I think I gave you a couple of these on the Summer thread iirc.

Uh...do I have to use the new one? Cause I always download mine when I get mine. Got the original right here.
8035494d5befe82bbd12a8c80ff676b0bc1a6d18.png
]

@MistLiigh if feel left out because none of my squares changed :(( I'm still stuck with those shoujo anime... WHY??? :flip:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uh...do I have to use the new one? Cause I always download mine when I get mine. Got the original right here.
]
Unfortunately you will have to change yours since we have to track your progress throughout the card (and we have to see the same squares as you do in order to do it properly) and, to my knowledge, we can't replicate the old cards (my guess is we would've done it if it was possible). I'm sure @MistLiigh will come and give a better answer when he sees this but I tried my best! :D

Hey there everyone! With this new card, I now have a recommendation square, so I need your help with some recs.
I give you:
And the new Pupa for this season is: Abunai Sisters: Koko & Mika! Pam-pam! Enjoy! :D

I don't know what anime would suit your taste since you've seen more and better than me but since you asked, I'll try my best! Here you go:

And, since I'll be giving this to everyone, you also get Abunai Sisters: Koko & Mika as a recommendation (even if you've seen it)

]
As @FriendlyDemon said, we do have to be able to keep things on track through the site we use behind the scenes and have it match up, and sadly there's no way in the current system to replicate the old cards or trade out squares, otherwise we would have done so. The best I might be able to offer is that I could make a new bingo using only the squares that were on your old card, but they would still get their placements randomized at least within the columns, with enough possible arrangements that I can't guarantee the same placement. Take a look at the new one and let us know what you would prefer; worst case, it is possible to get a new card with as few as 4 or 5 spaces if you can get them in a bingo, which could even be single episode OVAs and specials. I'm very sorry again for making a mess of it ><

If there happens to be anyone with experience coding C#, some free time, and a generous heart, they might be able to help us move forward with a project currently stalled for real life reasons that could help us be more in-control in future seasons, though I'd feel bad asking anyone to deal with the mess I currently have while I have no idea when, if, or how much I'd be able to continue helping...

@MistLiigh if feel left out because none of my squares changed :(( I'm still stuck with those shoujo anime... WHY???
Those shoujo squares just love you apparently. Can't blame my mistake for that one, that's all RNGesus's doing.

I don't know what anime would suit your taste since you've seen more and better than me but since you asked, I'll try my best! Here you go:

And, since I'll be giving this to everyone, you also get Abunai Sisters: Koko & Mika as a recommendation (even if you've seen it)
More, maybe. Better? That's like asking Nicolas Cage: Good or Bad? For to determine whether I watch better or worse stuff is the kind of stuff you create a research paper on. But I see your recs, have noted the post and will totally get to one of them to complete my masterplan for this season. You are true to your name, and I will go to bat for you. Thank you, you magnificent bastard!

More, maybe. Better? That's like asking Nicolas Cage: Good or Bad? For to determine whether I watch better or worse stuff is the kind of stuff you create a research paper on. But I see your recs, have noted the post and will totally get to one of them to complete my masterplan for this season. You are true to your name, and I will go to bat for you. Thank you, you magnificent bastard!
Remember you can still wait for some of the other players to recommend you something. @Nicknames knows you better that I do, and I'm sure he would be more than happy to help you out. Nonetheless, you are welcome and if you do pick something that I've recommended I hope you'll enjoy them!

As @FriendlyDemon said, we do have to be able to keep things on track through the site we use behind the scenes and have it match up, and sadly there's no way in the current system to replicate the old cards or trade out squares, otherwise we would have done so. The best I might be able to offer is that I could make a new bingo using only the squares that were on your old card, but they would still get their placements randomized at least within the columns, with enough possible arrangements that I can't guarantee the same placement. Take a look at the new one and let us know what you would prefer; worst case, it is possible to get a new card with as few as 4 or 5 spaces if you can get them in a bingo, which could even be single episode OVAs and specials. I'm very sorry again for making a mess of it ><

If there happens to be anyone with experience coding C#, some free time, and a generous heart, they might be able to help us move forward with a project currently stalled for real life reasons that could help us be more in-control in future seasons, though I'd feel bad asking anyone to deal with the mess I currently have while I have no idea when, if, or how much I'd be able to continue helping...
Eh, I'll just use the new one.

Y'know what, I got an idea. I think it might be worth your time to go back and fully watch Keijo!!!!!!!! Those 3 episodes you saw were only the tip of the assberg, the heights of T&A-themed wackiness it reaches are just so glorious.

You might also enjoy KonoSuba, because who doesn't want to see a comedy that takes the piss out of all those other isekai shows with the intensity of an...

EXPLOOOOOOOSIONNNNN!!!!!

Y'know what, I got an idea. I think it might be worth your time to go back and fully watch Keijo!!!!!!!! Those 3 episodes you saw were only the tip of the assberg, the heights of T&A-themed wackiness it reaches are just so glorious.

You might also enjoy KonoSuba, because who doesn't want to see a comedy that takes the piss out of all those other isekai shows with the intensity of an...

EXPLOOOOOOOSIONNNNN!!!!!

I'll take those two as more possible recs for me to cash in, and because I trust you, I'll totally get back to them before the season is over and before my late-season bumrush of bad shows.

And the busty masochistic knight amirite?

Got some busy bees already for Fall lol. Rest assured, your claims will be approved soon, we're just in crunch time for Summer still, among other real life things.

Also, we want everyone to know that, after careful consideration and based on the feedback we've gotten from many of you, we've found that the M column appears to be the most consistent complaint, so we plan to make some changes to improve it moving forward. Unfortunately we're a little late to really overhaul it for Fall, but there is one important change we are making right now: we will no longer be insisting all reviews be visible to "Everyone." If you are comfortable with making it fully public and thus following the guidelines that the site staff have laid out for that, then we encourage you to do so, but it is not going to be a requirement for ABC moving forward. We only need you to make them visible on your profile so that we can see you wrote something, and length is much less of an issue at these more private levels; a single sentence probably won't often explain what you liked (or didn't like) about an anime, but if it's not public, you are not beholden to the 4-5 paragraph or 1 per section rule, as this is strictly for fully public reviews shared with everyone. Note that it should still be a review in some sense; minor commentary is better suited to the anime's discussion thread or fully private reviews. We hope this is a good first step in the right direction for our players :)
@MistLiigh Dude, I absolutely love your ABC game that you've brought to A-P. I mean it. I wouldn't have been more involved last season if I wasn't. However, these changes, in my opinion, are bullshit! That's what makes the "M" column fun! If the reviews are an issue, then diversify the column, don't change the actual qualifications. If other players don't like it, then they can fill in other columns, and request a new card (or something to that affect). Me, personally, I wrote reviews last season that I had to have go unclaimed since there wasn't enough room for them on my second game board. You don't here me complaining about that! Or asking for some type of compensation or retribution for that, now do you!?

Everyone (whose not me) is entitled to their opinions and complaints, and I do fully respect that but the way you have public reviews setup originally is 100% fine! Like I aforementioned, just change the column to include more variety/diversity, not change the review constituents.

Like recommendations, public reviews not only help the website but are completely beneficial to it, for it. I really like being able to read how others feel without having to actually go to their profile and have to find and read the reviews individually. If the reviews our little "off," who truly cares!? As long as some effort and quality was clearly put into it, then that is an automatic positive to me and a win-win for the ABC and A-P.

I know I'm just one person, but making a change like this makes me not want to play this rather awesome game anymore. It's quite possible I'm overreacting, but that's just my take one it. You've done a wonderful job with us and making such a drastic change like that is not necessary. Again, this is just a reflection of my opinion and no one elses! Regardless, I will still support all of your efforts and those of @FriendlyDemon, @Fluffs, @KathyKatz, all participants, and all who are directly involved in making ABC great! I just won't be participating in it personally. And that's OK.

Last edited:
Back