O Maidens in Your Savage Season

I actually really enjoyed this one
FamousTiredFunnelweaverspider-size_restricted.gif

Hey--you know I'm always all about embracing what works for you. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed it so much!

AA33AFCE5D2E28FB237A5B63B1266C74D0A26B49

That's [sob] twice [sob] in [sob] one [sob] week...

Like @ZetsubouKaiji said, we had a good time discussing the series, even if a lot of that was about how it managed to be thoroughly incompetent with its brilliance.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, I'd probably liken it to A Sister's All You Need, in a lot of ways. In terms of what was done with what was there, that is.

Episode 12

What a wacky cartoony way to wrap things up. I thought the anime's ending at least would elicit some emotions in the end but the final episode just felt like tying things together as quickly as possible. Honestly, the first half of the show set up a premise that I thought was at least interesting on the surface but these whole last couple of episode's sort of build toward this episode and this episode being what it is, which, quite -honestly- to me is quite strangely comedic in not the good kind. The whole metaphor of colours of emotions has rarely been done so crudely, a metaphor that's drawn explicit attention too has always been something I've disliked, now this show literally tells us the meaning before it even occurs in the form of a game.

Truthfully, I thought this series was going to be more revolving around absurd situations exploited for drama but in the end just has these weird dark, absurd moments which feel disconnected with the ordinary persons reality sprinkled throughout yet they feel like they're mostly there for the shock value. Not to show how confused the girls feelings are but to have a scene in there that's all about the shock value eating screentime. This final episode just feels like too much coming together at once. I get this is the big finale but even then if this had been more focussed on one or the other perhaps the emotional investment would have been greater. Now we have characters fighting for attention with varying degrees of how interesting their plot is.

I think we could have cut a plotline or two for this final episode... and the game of colour tag seriously needs to go... wtf, don't point out the metaphor, pls.

Anyways I know I’ve not been involved in this discussion but I actually really enjoyed this one. Dunno if it’s because I’ve been a confused dramatic teenage girl or what but It’s one of the only things this season I’ve actively properly kept up with and
I'm glad we got a happy ending
*looks at comments*
Ohhhhh everyone hates it
*sits in corner*
As someone who doesn't really make his truly feelings about a series all that clear any more (I'd rather just post whatever snide comments pop in my head), I do genuinely like the majority of this anime
But I don't think it had a good enough long term plan when it came to sharing space between all of it's character so it just kind of blows it all on a loud messy climax. It at least tried to give each of it's character's at least one big moment of emotional catharsis, even if Plain Jane's came a bit too early and she essentially had no personal conflict to deal with besides having to get over her awkward hand ups with a guy who already decided to love her no matter what anyway (there was her expulsion too, but that's something all of the other girls had to deal with).

COMPLETELY forgot about him until you mentioned him, rip
I thought he at first was just some harmless dopey dude bro meant to act as a strawman for every common bad dating trope from a girl's perspective, so he was a bit sympathetic on that front. I thought he just wanted to break Momoko out of her shell with his upbeat attitude, but then he just turned out to be an asshole and felt betrayed knowing my sympathies were misplaced.

And to think he just found another girl to date. That made me pissed.

And then I found out that he was also voiced by the same guy that did Taiyou Mitsuboshi from Happy Sugar Life. That explains my hatred for him.

Last edited:
You're entitled to your opinion. Personally wouldn't go so far to say that this was the worst way to end a series that I have seen, at least it did wrap up some of the plots. Maybe not in a completely stable bow, but I am satisfied.

One of the most genuine Anime I've watched these last few years. I'm really happy I put it on my list last minute after all.
The topic and their reaction felt really relatable, personal being there and experience it myself. Great work, 100% I am going to check out the Manga as well.

It seems like everyone is saying good things about this anime. I'll probably watch it eventually, but I don't think I'm going to watch it subbed. Mari Okada anime + subbed= Rough experience. Although I will say I did enjoy Anohana. I have nothing against subbed anime, I watch a lot of them actually. Just seeing that this anime will probably benefit from being dubbed.

Probably works better for people who aren't twice the age and the opposite gender of the main characters, but I am less than impressed.

A bit more fan service or some sort of noticable edge would have saved it for me, but I feel like they pushed it as far as they could without straying too far from the core concept.

My naivité literally had me expecting them to engage in same-sex "inappropriate conduct" as some sort of pun-based letter-of-the-law protest for a little while.

Bland and only at very rare times funny or tittilating. At no point was I engaged emotionally, but I'm not sure that's entirelly the show's fault. 6/10

I'm about to watch episode 12 and none of this is happening the way I thought anything was going to happen omg. XD

I figured that some shit was going to go down because we got our romance anime pay off way too early. We got Ending level conclusions to most of the love stories and it could have honestly ended there but I figured we'd get some conflict, maybe a break up, maybe someone else gets pregnant, but never did I imagine any of this would be "We'll kidnap a teacher and fight the school staff for our love, or whatever is happening." Wtf XD

Can't say I'm not enjoying it though. This show is another show that has a 4 star rating but almost nothing but negative comments in here.

I think some of you might enjoy watching anime more if you do more watching and less writing. Some of ya'll in here writing novels jesus lol. It's not that serious ya noodles :P

Can't wait to see where this goes. *presses play*

I didn't take this too seriously at first but it ended up being a mix of just the right amount of comedy and some fairly serious topics. Ending felt a little eh, but I liked the epilogue part of the final episode because it really gave the sense of closure.

Really glad I picked it up and would recommend it ^^

Man, this has become a very different show. What is even happening now? I kind of got the impression we were going to do something more rash than what has happened so far. Like, taking Milo-sensei not just for a hostage but as sex slave. I really thought after that phone call with Kazusa and Izumi we were heading to some IT style orgy themed ending to shatter the demonic dystopian style rulings.

Well, they just wanted to kill him, so the situation wasn't as dire as I initially feared.

Izumi is the king of shooting himself in the foot, god damn. I was not expecting him explain things in such a poor manner. I guess that was the point of it all though, being confused and full of angst.

My favorite part was that Milo-sensei was tied up for like half the episode and in the midst of it all he's just like, "Hey guys, I'm here too." Although, his idea of color tag was rather neat and sort of made for a cool ending segment of the series.

I appreciated the small little window at the end where we see them in the future as well. Overall, I rather enjoyed this series. It'd be cool to see an OVA or a movie in the future, although I doubt that'll happen. Plus, I guess it kind of defeats the purpose of the show which was to focus on the "savage season." But, I kind of just want to see some more of the characters and see what they do.

Since Sentai has license to this series, do you think they'll come out with a dub version and DVD set anytime soon (next year)?

DUDE THIS SERIES GETS ME SO HYPED FOR SOME REASON LIKE I WAS FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH JOY AND EXCITEMENT AT THE ENDING AND IM JUST SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. Ok, now that I've let that out, this anime is really great, a nice fun watch. It has some parts that make you go on a roller coaster but it's just a nice change of pace. It actually greatly reminds me of another AMAZING ANIME called Tsuredure Children or Tzuredure Children however you wanna spell it out, I highly recommend this anime and Tsuredure Children, they are both AMAZING and WHOLESOME shows. Really hope both shows get a second season.

Back