O Maidens in Your Savage Season

Going off that,
I do agree that it's stupid on Momoko's part that she'd ask Kazusa if the world were to blow up who she'd do, because she KNOWS the obvious answer. Momoko's realization of her orientation is written in one of the most idiotic, despicable ways I have ever seen. I really don't care if we get the yuri route anymore because Momoko or the plot is so unrealistic, it'd only feel artificial.

Just what the fuck is this episode? Is it at the very least funny? If you don't overanalyze how illogical the girls' scheme is, yes? I get that the whole idea is that these girls want to experience sex...but one of their students got pregnant. What the fuck was the point of the conflict if that shock meant nothing??

Going off that,
I do agree that it's stupid on Momoko's part that she'd ask Kazusa if the world were to blow up who she'd do, because she KNOWS the obvious answer. Momoko's realization of her orientation is written in one of the most idiotic, despicable ways I have ever seen. I really don't care if we get the yuri route anymore because Momoko or the plot is so unrealistic, it'd only feel artificial.
She was desperate enough to take a "subtle" shot in the dark. I mean, Kazusa is into guys yeah, but she never said anything about not being into girls, so I guess there was no harm in just confirming where she stands. This way Momoko has a slightly better idea of alienated she is from her friends.

The real problem with Momoko is that what's happening with her hasn't been relevant to anyone except for her. While all the other sub plots intersect with each other, she's just stuck in her sad little gay corner.

Momoko is trying to take the reigns of her life and part of that is exploring her new found sexuality. She's not very good at being assertive, but she's trying. Some people are just awkward. The subplot hasn't had much time to develop and the characterization for Momoko has been pretty weak, which makes some of what she does come off as random or unhinged from reality. It's why the yuri route would be a disaster.

That's why I'm critical of the subplot. It comes off as badly conveyed due to the 12 episode time restraint. I still find it really stubborn on Momoko's end to ask that rhetorical question because of the obvious answer, desperation or not. Yes, it is awkward, naturally so, but because of the underdevelopment, her actions come off as in the moment rather than realistic.

Last edited:
what's happening with her hasn't been relevant to anyone except for her. While all the other sub plots intersect with each other
Sort of, but not quite.

Consider that the other plots were much more isolated, prior to these more recent episodes, so it's not particularly strange that her subplot would be the same. And then remember that her struggle figuring out she's into girls was the smallest and last-acknowledged subplot we've gotten, so it just seems more off on its own--though, yes, the only one it directly involves is her (she had that disposable dude try to give her struggle some actual character interaction, but...well, I mean, I just described him as disposable, so....), even as this has been growing in the story for about as long as the Fading Beauty/Izumi stuff.

However...once things started to overlap (and, really, the Glasses-senpai/Erotica-chan overlap only just happened), Twin Braids Girl's struggle should definitely have been woven more directly into the Kazusa/Izumi/Fading Beauty story.

I think the misstep in all of this, of course, is Pedo-sensei. He's a plot point we don't need to explain Fading Beauty's actions--AND--Twin Braids Girl could easily be Fading Beauty's refuge, after she loses Izumi to Kazusa, making all her "supportive advice" a double-edged sabotage as she tries to both be a good friend and seduce the object of her desire.

This way Momoko has a slightly better idea of [how] alienated she is from her friends.
Some people are just awkward.
I think that's being generous--to the writing, that is. Because I think you're right that Twin Braids Girl is meant to be awkward and alienated--and she definitely is, logically.

But if that's what she's meant to convey in these moments...ehhhh. I mean, she'd be more upset or nervous or withdrawn than she is. She'd stumble over and/or reprimand herself for saying things that come out sounding bat**** insane when she's really just having a hard time putting her feelings (which are new and confusing) into words. She'd be sad and embarrassed and lash out at odd moments, not act alternately sociopathic.

She should be coming across--or, at least, clearly supposed to be coming across--as someone who is trapped in a situation she doesn't yet know the way out of. We should be able to look at her and see her struggling, not just interpret or intellectualize that she's struggling.

And, for the purposes of dramatic writing, she'd have asked a better "would you rather" question. Or a more pointed rhetorical question about finding her attractive or choosing to be with a girl if all the boys died or something.

Yuri has the power to make people happy regardless of context and I'm regrettably one of those people.
I'm generally one of those people, too.

I know Kazusa just said she's not into girls, but I still think she's the better yuri pick for her.

I think this is the first time I hear someone speak about nose hairs so poetically. Pedo guy deserved that strong punch to the face. Admittedly I started disliking Niina when she started following Pedo guy's 'advice', but I like her again after that punch.

I thought Kazusa's reaction after her talk with Niina was funny; it was kind of a breather from allllll the drama (even though her reaction pertained to drama). I also found Milo being tied up and taken as a hostage even funnier :D

But I don't think the hostage situation is necessary-- would that even help lift the ban/Rika's expulsion? What would THESE GIRLS even do to him if the school doesn't fulfill their demands?? Holding Milo hostage just feels like a weak threat, but that's just imo!

I don't like how Momo turned out ; . ; It's like she can no longer be happy, and will forever remain unhappy, just because her crush didn't reciprocate her feelings. Maybe its teen angst.

I enjoy the anime, but I kinda just want it to end already. Pretty sure the 12th ep is the last one yeah? I wonder how things will end up.

Maybe in a shitty fashion, but we'll have to wait and see. Seriously though, is the school staff really meant to be evil let alone the bad guys? I mean, sure threatening to close down the literature club lest they found an advisor was "douchey," but
the scandal would threaten their reputation to the community by badly reflecting on them.
. To me, that makes pretty reasonable sense.

Never mind the fact that really the main girls were pretty much no saints either.
Hitoha blackmails Milo into becoming the advisor for their club. And they start the series as horny, hormone-driven teenage girls, but the penultimate episode has them literally devolve into f*cking terrorists by kidnapping Milo and then holding him for ransom. I'd be damned if that rash plan actually does work, and there'd be no serious repercussions for that. Seriously, these girls have more issues than they're possibly aware of.

Last edited:
I'd be damned if that rash plan actually does work, and there'd be no serious repercussions for that.
Assuming none of this is happening in a dreamscape, there's only one legitimate way this scenario ends: "Uh, the cops are here and you're all going to be arrested."

I assume the administrators are going to just let things slide, for lack of a better term for it, because they're going to be more afraid of the scandal this hostage situation presents if people hear about it ("b-b-but our public imaaaaaage!!!") than rumors that two of their students were seen in a naughty part of town but not doing anything naughty.

Which will be horse**** of the highest order, but...dammit if I wouldn't sign up for a second season of this nonsense. I kind of want to see just how convoluted and awful the writing becomes.

Unfortunately, I'm not masochistic enough when it comes to the plausibility of a second season.

Sigh...okay. Now that it's all over...I have mixed opinions on it.

So, while I get that the girls were offended that Izumi bluntly stated that he was sexually interested in Niina, the point is she fucking placed his hand on her ass to begin with. She was the one who was eliciting him into those awkward feelings. And then Niina going and making the situation even worse by saying that she felt the same way when Kazusa was obviously listening to the entire conversation. Niina even admits that all of the stuff that she was saying in the earlier episodes were bouts of bullshit to make herself sound more mature than she was. Momoko...still don't know what the show was trying to do here. Her behavior still comes off as badly sporadic and underdeveloped. At the end of the series, I guess Momoko gets a "happy ending" that is more of a left to interpretation kind of deal, but again, the show really pushed that subplot to the back end.

How the whole conflict with Kazusa and Niina ending up getting resolved, was not a real fan of. It doesn't amount to much aside from Izumi and Kazusa coming to the realization that they wanted to cherish each other, so no "ess-ee-cks" for now. That would be fine...except that's kind of what Izumi was trying to tell her in the previous episode when Kazusa was trying to push for it. So in the epilogue, we do have it to where Sonezaki was still in contact with Juujou, who seems to be happy with her baby with her boyfriend. I mean, I would've loved for the penultimate episode to have dived more into the pregnancy side since, I don't know...pregnancy kind of works with the theme of the show?

Oh, and so at the end, the girls all paint papers throughout the schools basically to call out the staff for falsely accusing Sonezaki and Shun and to repeal the ban on opposite-couples contacts. It reeks of that whole "look how deep we are being right now" bullshit. Suck my scrotum, show.

The show certainly had potential and was going through some developments that were genuinely interesting. But then it took a drastic turn after the events of the eighth episode and the episodes varied in quality. It's a shame that the show became this kind of mess, but it still has some good aspects to it. Even then, a lot of wasted potential.

This episode gets a 6/10, while I'm still lenient with giving the whole show an 8/10.

Last edited:
It's over

I thought it was funny that the teachers just left. In a way their reaction to leave it alone and let the girls sort it out is the reaction that we would have given. (since we all found the hostage situation kinda ehhhhhhhhhh)

Despite Momo being really pushy, I appreciated that she put Izumi in a position where he had to express himself to Kazusa and Niina. Though I still would have liked for him to say that Niina took his hand in the first place, rather than let her get away with her saying "that moment when he touched me" and imply he touched her on his own :T

The ending was alright. Rika and Shun looked like they were in college or something; probably because of how Rika was dressed. Glad that Kazusa and Izumi were still together and that it fit. Momo and Niina's ending has some ambiguity but I'm not really interested. They get along so that's nice. Glad Hitoha supports Milo and Tomita.

The best part was seeing Jujou happy with her baby and boyfriend!

im sure that leg is broken
psnGqaF.png

I liked the first two episodes and its jokes, so it‘s a pity they dropped it. The way the girls came into terms with their feelings was...a mess. The writing was quite a mess, the ending was quite a mess as well, but it certainly wasn’t boring (and no that‘s not a milo sensei reference).
6/10

original.gif

Ugh--fine.

...rassa-frassa...

Okay, look: if this was a totally different show, perhaps one that was expressly a comedy, I think all the pre-tag stuff (especially the Twin Braids Girl's "just stay single!" scene) would have been hilarious. The different pockets of information each character has and the ridiculousness of both those information pockets and the overall situation are genius setups for the everything-comes-spilling-out climax full of "Wait--what?!" moments.

But it's not expressly a comedy, and it hasn't ever been one.

Worse, the show doesn't even stick to its central themes, by the end, instead choosing to focus on the girls learning to lampshade the fact that they were all real confused 'bout them pesky eeee-mo-shuns. And then they...anarchied their way to victory?

giphy.gif
What is even happe--

The only resolution we were given was Izumi and Kazusa coming to grips with how in sync they are and have always been, as the two stay together and, eventually, bang. (Which...hooray? I guess?) Every other plotline was either abandoned or brushed aside with an epilogue almost-slideshow that (at best!) acknowledged other plotlines used to exist and f*** you it doesn't matter how we got to this point. (I mean, Kazusa and Izumi banged! And wasn't that the central thread of the story, kids?)

Oh--I guess Twin Braids Girl got a resolution: she doesn't get the girl. Because that was never going to happen anyway.

There's something magical, running underneath this hack-y mess, but damned if the bull**** could stay out of its own way for 15 minutes to actually manifest.

Why was Pedo-sensei in this story? Why was Gal-san? Why did Femme-sensei show up as often as she did? Why were Fading Beauty and Izumi so f***ing great together if they weren't ever going to narratively do anything with that chemistry? Why did Milo-sensei take Erotica-chan to that love hotel? Why did Twin Braids Girl have to deal with that boy in her cram school? Why did Twin Braids Girl have to act like a lunatic?

he best part was seeing Jujou happy with her baby and boyfriend!
10/10, totally agree.
10/10, totally agree.

(No, really: I literally thought the same thing.)

2 out of 5. Forgettable, even despite being so incomparably disappointing.

What an absolute waste.

I'll give the show credit for having some ambition and taking on some complex subject matter. Unfortunately it wasn't able to do anything with the subject matter and left it's most complicated threads just hanging with no resolution. The ambition of this show really only ended up meaning that the discussion for the show was more interesting than actually watching the show. It's another Mari Okada joint filled with wasted potential, but I had fun watching it with you all.

psnGqaF.png

10/10, totally agree.

(No, really: I literally thought the same thing.)
[/SPOILER]
Can confirm I also sit with my legs like this. Don’t recommend it’s bad for your hips or something but I’ve always done it. *~*~

—————————
Anyways I know I’ve not been involved in this discussion but I actually really enjoyed this one. Dunno if it’s because I’ve been a confused dramatic teenage girl or what but It’s one of the only things this season I’ve actively properly kept up with and
I'm glad we got a happy ending
*looks at comments*
Ohhhhh everyone hates it
*sits in corner*

I don't hate it either. It's one of the few things I've felt worthy of discussing this year even if most of the discussion was us dissecting all the things wrong with it. I gave it a 5/10 so I found it mediocre because there were some good episodes and themes mixed in with all the stuff that didn't work.

Back