Gaming Discussion Thread

Yeah, I got the Gold Edition because it was on a real cheap sale on PSN, so I've got the DLC included. I didn't know about it raising the upgrade cap in addition to the level cap though, so that's nice.

I think the next target mark is the Hyena, but I'll be cleaning up some other side missions first. Plus I want to put some time into grinding out the "BOOM" trophy -- Kill 30 enemies by using a fire arrow on a pot of oil.

The main thing I miss right now is the finesse that Ezio had. Bayek doesn't appear to have any really nifty assassination techniques. For example, like the double kill. Bayek is sort of just "whatever gets the job done." Which is fine for the most part, because I'm not big on stealth anyway. But, there are just instances in which being able to do some really sexy assassination moves would make cleaning up a bandit camp much quicker.
Nice! You're gonna love that DLC shit (if you're not burned out by then).

That might have to do with Bayek being a Medjay and Ezio a trained assassin able to fall back on teachings that didn't exist in Bayek's time (in reality it's most likely due to the overall gameplay shift to RPG but w/e) but yeah, he feels more like a warrior than a sneaky killer overall. Tbh I'm just glad I don't have to tail anyone anymore lol

Nice! You're gonna love that DLC shit (if you're not burned out by then).

That might have to do with Bayek being a Medjay and Ezio a trained assassin able to fall back on teachings that didn't exist in Bayek's time (in reality it's most likely due to the overall gameplay shift to RPG but w/e) but yeah, he feels more like a warrior than a sneaky killer overall. Tbh I'm just glad I don't have to tail anyone anymore lol

On a side note, Hidden Ones & Curse didn't seem to pop up within my game yet, I don't know if it won't become accessible until after the main plot, googling it says I should receive a letter saying a specific area becomes open, etc. I'm not super worried about it, BUT, I digress. I was looking at some of the extra content and within the store to see if I needed to do anything on my end and I found out I somehow have 700 Helix points, I dunno if you earn them from the Ubisoft Club or what, that's about the only way I could have any. But, some of these additional outfits look cool... I might cash in some of my points to redeem one.

I haven't seen too many outfits I really like in Origins. The one I'm using right now has like a brown scarf over a blue outfit which is a cool combination. But, I'm turned off by a lot of them because the right shoulder is often open. It's a weird thing to dislike, but it just bothers me that Bayek is fully covered except his shoulder.

Also, whilst thumbing through the store I did find out that I hadn't redeem/installed the DLC yet. So, I'm doing that now.

On a side note, Hidden Ones & Curse didn't seem to pop up within my game yet, I don't know if it won't become accessible until after the main plot, googling it says I should receive a letter saying a specific area becomes open, etc. I'm not super worried about it, BUT, I digress. I was looking at some of the extra content and within the store to see if I needed to do anything on my end and I found out I somehow have 700 Helix points, I dunno if you earn them from the Ubisoft Club or what, that's about the only way I could have any. But, some of these additional outfits look cool... I might cash in some of my points to redeem one.

I haven't seen too many outfits I really like in Origins. The one I'm using right now has like a brown scarf over a blue outfit which is a cool combination. But, I'm turned off by a lot of them because the right shoulder is often open. It's a weird thing to dislike, but it just bothers me that Bayek is fully covered except his shoulder.

Also, whilst thumbing through the store I did find out that I hadn't redeem/installed the DLC yet. So, I'm doing that now.

There's 1-2 instances where you receive helix credits in-game but otherwise you have to buy them for real money. Good thing is you can get most gear and weapons from the store by opening Heka chests and doing missions for that special kid merchant. Takes longer than to just buy them ofc but that's only because Ubisoft designed it that way and microtransactions are the devil. Still looking for the Mummy and Scarab Warrior outfit myself...

There's 1-2 instances where you receive helix credits in-game but otherwise you have to buy them for real money. Good thing is you can get most gear and weapons from the store by opening Heka chests and doing missions for that special kid merchant. Takes longer than to just buy them ofc but that's only because Ubisoft designed it that way and microtransactions are the devil. Still looking for the Mummy and Scarab Warrior outfit myself...

Yeah, I'd much prefer to be able to earn rewards from in-game stuff. Give us Super Bosses that drop stuff like that. Even with like Borderlands you can finish challenges to earn different skins/outfits. I was hoping that with how much flak EA has received this year we'd be starting to pull away from microtransactions. Guess it probably won't happen.

I've been doing the Heka stuff though, haven't gotten anything too crazy good though. Just a nice lump of EXP and an upgrade from what I'm usually carrying. The main thing that I see I like is the Shadow Warrior Outfit. So if I can find that in game i'll be peachy.

So I never talked about it, but I recently finished Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
I liked it a lot even though I'm not all that good at platformers - the new 3ds mode definitely helps a lot. The mine carting and rocket barrel levels can go suck Cranky's hairy shriveled dick though.
Now I'd love to get to world 9, but there's no way I'm ever actually getting all the KONG letters - for which, again, the new 3ds mode definitely helps a lot because you can buy the orbs you need for 50 coins each. Guess I'll grind for coins a bit while trying to get whatever KONG letters I can...

The Danganronpa and Zero Escape franchises are DIRT CHEAP ON STEAM RIGHT NOW (zero escape trilogy in particular being 7.98 ON THE US STORE), if there's anyone who hasn't yet played these GO GET THEM RIGHT NOW

Finished Dragon Quest 11 a few days ago but now working my way through Red Dead Redemption 2... I love these character dynamics!

Finished Dragon Quest 11 a few days ago but now working my way through Red Dead Redemption 2... I love these character dynamics!

Shooting O'Driscolls with Sadie, going fishin' and losing at poker against Uncle (or John) are some of my favourite pastimes in the game. Also hating on Micah. Nothing beats the small character moments for me here like Hosea reminiscing about the old days at the campfire or Tilly when she gets mad, just the little stuff inbetween Dutch's plan speeches and heists.

Still have one save set up before
Sean is killed in Rhodes just so all of my gang friends (who didn't die off-screen or at the start of the game)can live on the run forever and I don't have to re-watch what happens to Kieran later, poor sod

Finished Bloodstained with 99.70% map completion yesterday and now I'm almost done with my NG+. Damn fun game but I better get 100% this time because I was sure I had found every secret room and shit on my first playthrough.

Crusader Kings 2, decided to try out a Germanic pagan in 867, the age of Vikings raiding everybody. It's fun as shit! I formed Sweden, vassalized a bunch of fools, warring every 2 years or less, dueling when I'm not at war, raiding everybody and selling them back their kids, other family members and executing the rest but not the kids of nobodies because I don't blood eagle no kids, only other people, partake in a dark summoning of the Old Gods that gets me killed, kill more people, vassalize more people, I vassalized so many people that I'm at my vassal limit, raid so much that I accidentally raid a fellow Germanic, duel while I raid, get defensive pacts for being so flexnuts and shit, it's awesome as shit.

You gotta love those DBD glitches. Teammate gets me off the hook...and I keep floating like I'm still on it.
0EB3CBDC7BA8659CB58B2538E4731C73E7613875

07D943DD5643963BB137D94C13FCBCEAA3E8979F

The Leatherface was so flummoxed when he found me that he just left me alone.

Only two killers left in Dead By Daylight I can buy without having to spend actual money. Couldn't decide, so I flipped a coin.
tumblr_pw2604h3cN1rnswq3o1_1280.jpg

...Really wish it would have landed heads. They were right about this guy. He sucks.
I can feel your pain.

Though as a filthy survivor main I always scream from joy when I see Legion, cause 75% of the time it's being played by a player who can't use it's abilities correctly and I get an easy win.

---
Also pre-ordered Catherine: Full Body. It's been ages since I've played the original one so I can't wait to play this new version when it comes out.

Crusader Kings II

Leader of the Wolf Warriors Lodge for being such a hardcore badass and creating a massive legend of hardcore badassery, murdering my way through the lands to the Byzantine Empire, I was also "Hey guys, I was thinking that we like, reform the Germany faith or some shit knawimean? We have two sites, third is- in Germany, one in Denmark but not now- hold on" and I go and declare war to take a third site in like, Holland or some shit before the French take it because fuck them. Then I'm all "Aight dudes, we got it. I'mma reform this shit, reform our faith and make me the Pagan Pope, sound good? No? Screw you I'm doing it anyway" and I became the pope and declared holy wars on the Slav religious near me. I have 50% Threat level and a bunch of defensive pacts again but I can only really go against one other dude and not lose piety for attacking old Germanic faith peoples. But I reformed that shit, holy wars and shit, sacrificed high chiefs, kings, everybody because I am 60% of holdings held to create an empire. My vassals can go to war on the lingering savages, I'm cool with that. I'll raid in the meanwhile.

I started Tear Ring Saga for the PS1, aka Totally Not Fire Emblem. Since Shouzou Kaga left Intelligent Systems after Thracia, I've been meaning to check out his later work, considering he is responsible for creating one of my all-time favorite franchises.

So far it looks like yet another really solid SRPG by him. There is an immense amount of stuff that works pretty much exactly as it would in your average FE game, so other than getting used to the slightly different UI this should be a smooth transition.

They had another 3-for-2 sale at my local game store and I got Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, Hollow Knight and Sekiro.

Sekiro is the one I grabbed for free and THANK FUCK because this is another Soulsborne game I suck at but damn it looks beautiful and stealth killing club-wielding ogres and shinobi hunters is so damn satisfying. Just got past Gyoubu Oniwa yesterday (first real boss in the game so nothing major except for me ofc) but still dying against Lady Butterfly even though I made it to her second phase at least.

Knowing that I will never get past the halfway point with this game makes me really glad it didn't cost me anything. I still get what makes these kinda games so great and addicting and defeating a difficult boss is hype af but I just don't ever seem to get better at them over time and just get curbstomped by later bosses or standard enemies.

Hollow Knight is pure bliss in comparison and just looks SO DAMN GORGEOUS with its hand-drawn graphics and Metroidvania playstyle. Really engaging and already uncovered a good chunk of the total map.

Haven't played FotNS:LP that much yet but it's a Yakuza-style game with Kenshiro and exploding heads so I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

They had another 3-for-2 sale at my local game store and I got Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise, Hollow Knight and Sekiro.

Sekiro is the one I grabbed for free and THANK FUCK because this is another Soulsborne game I suck at but damn it looks beautiful and stealth killing club-wielding ogres and shinobi hunters is so damn satisfying. Just got past Gyoubu Oniwa yesterday (first real boss in the game so nothing major except for me ofc) but still dying against Lady Butterfly even though I made it to her second phase at least.

Knowing that I will never get past the halfway point with this game makes me really glad it didn't cost me anything. I still get what makes these kinda games so great and addicting and defeating a difficult boss is hype af but I just don't ever seem to get better at them over time and just get curbstomped by later bosses or standard enemies.

Hollow Knight is pure bliss in comparison and just looks SO DAMN GORGEOUS with its hand-drawn graphics and Metroidvania playstyle. Really engaging and already uncovered a good chunk of the total map.

Haven't played FotNS:LP that much yet but it's a Yakuza-style game with Kenshiro and exploding heads so I'm pretty sure I'll love it.

Hollow Knight is bae, good pickup! My only issue with the game is the mapfinder dude... Other then that, 10/10.

Hollow Knight is bae, good pickup! My only issue with the game is the mapfinder dude... Other then that, 10/10.

Yeah, it kinda sucks that you have to find him everytime instead of just getting the map from his wife upstairs and getting lost in new areas (especially when you don't have the necessary traversal upgrades to reach places) but it also kinda enhances the exploring aspect of the game a good deal. Really having fun with this one so far and after Bloodstained it's definitely a change of pace. Some of the bosses are already pretty tough though (stuck on Brooding Mawlek atm).

any of you NEETS use VR chat? the social anxiety with me is strong but man the cringe in this thing is like unreal. i just saw 2 guys whose avatars were jotaro and dio go at it. every other persons character is ether a neko or some weird random thing. im also surprised how many actual real japanese people play that game. i had one of the craziest moments of my life, some guy ran up to me speaking japanese, i recognized it, and spoke to him in Japanese. thats the first real conversation i ever had with anyone in Japanese. looks like there is some worlds where they even have cross language talk and teach. i think ill play around in this game from time to time when i get bored. tried making my own character or importing it. good luck to anyone who tries that. looks like alot of work and time.

Back