Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Ep. 15,
the time has come for Tanjiro and the guys to fight the spider-men! Since Tanjiro's leader is sending a few of the pillars, that already hints at the fact that Tanjiro and the guys may be in over their heads. Near death struggles are all a part of the fun though.

vlcsnap-2019-07-14-22h36m46s412.png

JEE, WHY WOULD THEY.

Episode 15

I actually kind of love that they just left Zenitsu behind without a second thought. Him pouting about being forgotten was actually pretty funny too.

Inosuke's raised by wolves thing is kind of cool, and he was actually pretty endearing this episode with the old lady and later Tanjiro.

Two of the great things about this series are the fighting styles and all the the character designs. Loving the look of the spider demons, and really looking forward to seeing the upcoming fights. The experienced demon corps showing up and flexing a bit should be badass.

Honestly, aside from the part at the beginning where they were all running in a circle, the antics weren't really that bad for me.

The jokes are getting worse. I don’t remember seeing this many random jokes being thrown in when I watched the first episode. These characters seem determined not to let the plot progress without joking around every damn minute.

The jokes aren’t funny. Most of the banters consist of the MC and side characters demeaning each other, calling each other names so on and so forth which I know is a shounen shoujo trope, but I don’t think I can tolerate it happening this often for every episode.

Ah, but remember Nezuko‘s kick which sent the demon‘s head flying off like a boomerang? That was probably the best joke I saw in this show, though I‘m pretty sure it wasn’t intended as a joke.

I‘m having issues with the characters. In the current episode for example, the guy wearing that animal mask. One moment he‘s admiring the generous granny, and suddenly he‘s yelling at her...what? That moment wasn’t even necessary :/

I admire the artwork, I really do, but it‘s about time I dropped this show.

Last edited:
The jokes are getting worse. I don’t remember seeing this many random jokes being thrown in when I watched the first episode. These characters seem determined not to let the plot progress without joking around every damn minute.

The jokes aren’t funny. Most of the banters consist of the MC and side characters demeaning each other, calling each other names so on and so forth which I know is a shounen shoujo trope, but I don’t think I can tolerate it happening this often for every episode.

Ah, but remember Nezuko‘s kick which sent the demon‘s head flying off like a boomerang? That was probably the best joke I saw in this show, though I‘m pretty sure it wasn’t intended as a joke.

I‘m having issues with the characters. In the current episode for example, the guy wearing that animal mask. One moment he‘s admiring the generous granny, and suddenly he‘s yelling at her...what? That moment wasn’t even necessary :/

I admire the artwork, I really do, but it‘s about time I dropped this show.
I can understand Inosuke's action though. He has never received an act of kindness from other people in his life, so of course he's going to have a weird reaction to others. It was during the episode that Tanjiro figured it out. Some of the characters are works in progress but I don't think that's a bad thing.

I can understand Inosuke's action though. He has never received an act of kindness from other people in his life, so of course he's going to have a weird reaction to others. It was during the episode that Tanjiro figured it out. Some of the characters are works in progress but I don't think that's a bad thing.
I couldn’t really sympathize. It became harder to take the characters seriously (the side characters in particular) with each passing episode.

I still think the author has done enough to make the three main characters have characteristics that don't stick to common tropes in shounen mangas with characters that could qualify as children (i.e. being arrogant, sulky 70% of the time, and bratty). And in that sense it feels refreshing for someone like me who has seen a lot of shounen.

Ep. 16,
and one of the spider family was taken out. I really like how Tanjiro gave her a merciful death, considering her circumstances. Inosuke really likes to make games during a fight. And Zenitsu is about to get jumped by one of the spider family, that'll be fun seeing how that turns out. But the big deal is that one of the demon moon twelve is on the mountain.

Once Demon Slayer gets going, you start to lose control.
You start to wonder what the fuck it's doing.
Time slips away from you, and then, all of a sudden, it's like you're sitting on your couch, watching some kid train with a sword.
And it's pretty nice. Perfectly fine, it's a fucking action show.
And he's killing the bad guys, tearing them limb from limb.
And it feels good. It looks good. Fuck, it is good.

And then you realize something.

Everyone else in the show, they're screaming all the time, 'cause they're the comic relief in a goofy kids show.
And you're not the intended audience.
You're a grown man.

Last edited:
Ep 16:
Damn that's some shite for the parent to be unnerved by the child, I know it's cos he mentioned the father but still shite dude!
Boar boy Inosukes shouting is less grating this episode for some reason. Maybe it's Tanjiros complimentary effect on him, them red ears and white spots are kinda cute.
Zenitsu is just as grating as before, I want him put out of his misery >:[
What's he gonna be like when he finds out Nezuko is a strong ass capable demon lady and can hold her own in a fight? Whiney ass mode level up in wanting protection :frustrat:
And that death, damn right in the feels T_T He changed his kill strike at the last minute, I thought that was a nice touch :') And she repaid his mercy with a warning of the big bad ahead.

Last edited:
started watching this show very loosely... was not expecting much. I could not possibly have been more wrong. this grabbed me and pulled me in entirely.
For me this is quality wise as good as it gets. OK, Zenitsu is the most annoying character ever in anime, but still not enough to stop watching.
16 eps in now and it put me on the edge of my seat again, making me entirely quiet for the next 2 minutes.

Fantastic.

Watched a couple episodes and it seems pretty okay so far. Could do without some of the shonen silliness vibes, but ufotable delivers a decent package overall. I guess I'll pace myself because I don't watch to catch up long before it's over, but yeah, not bad.

To be honest, I think Zenitsu did really good in this episode. Went from a cry baby to super sayian. He deserves a gold medal. Hopefully these experiences will change him for the better, but still, I'm starting to like him more.

he's gonna still have to tone that bitching down a hell of a lot more before I can say I "like" his character. as of now, he's annoying AF

Trying to watch ep 17 and Zenitsu is ruining it for me. I can't stand him. His character type is beyond annoying and ruins the show whenever he opens his mouth.......UUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

This guy gets it.

To be honest, I think Zenitsu did really good in this episode. Went from a cry baby to super sayian. He deserves a gold medal. Hopefully these experiences will change him for the better, but still, I'm starting to like him more.

How, exactly, did he achieve this? By passing out after going super Saiyan bitch. His Asta to Goku ratio Is 95 to 5.

Unless he finally snaps out of being a little b!tch, I can't stand him. He uses his played out "she's going to be my girl one day even if I make her" routine mixed in with "was that a butterfly fart? Let me have a 4hr stroke" as if it's funny. From the moment I saw him treat that first girl I knew I was screwed with this character.

Honestly, he kinda makes Asta tolerable At this point.

Ep 17 dedicated approximately 70.8% of its time to Zenitsu.

Given that the show is presumably created in it's entirety by humans, with whom I share approximately 99.9% of my DNA, I feel double-approximately 70.1% responsible for how it no doubt made everyone who watched it feel.

While it is a meaningless gesture, I do sincerely apologize.

Back