Need Recommendations!

ka33e

Ok. I have watched all the anime the I have needed to watch so far this year. However, I am stuck on what to do next. I do not know what anime I want to watch. I am looking for something PG, funny with good character development, and has a good ending. No horror or romance please. Just something light that won't take up too much of my time.

Hinamatsuri might be your thing. No adult content as far as I can remember apart from some brief, non-explicit nudity but it's not overly sexualized. Very funny show with lots of heart and good character development. Has no horror and only very little romance.

Ok. I have watched all the anime the I have needed to watch so far this year. However, I am stuck on what to do next. I do not know what anime I want to watch. I am looking for something PG, funny with good character development, and has a good ending. No horror or romance please. Just something light that won't take up too much of my time.

Two older ones slice of life style comedy

Aishiteruse baby-Young Man takes care of young child. Happy and funny not laugh out loud.

Barakamon-Young Artist makes severe life style change do to being stuck. Happy and funny with some laughs.

I third Barakamon, but also try Usagi Drop. Sweetness and Lightning could be your thing too (but not much happens in it)

I highly recommend K-On, Chi's Sweet home, Barakamon (like everyone above) and maybe Love Live School Idol Project.

I concur with Barakamon, K-On and Usagi Drop.

Maybe these titles as well:
-Amagi Brillant Park
-Good Luck, Girl
-The Devil is a Part-timer

Happy watching!

Shows that fit your description to a tee:

Princess Jellyfish - funny and light and PG

The Wallflower - yup

Tokyo Godfathers - Shatoshi Kon does whimsical, off-beat Christmas comedy movie. Yes!

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - easy to watch, an actual classic-classic that has to be on anyone’s list, has virtually everything you want I think

Shows I’m going to recommend that are missing certain elements but might be worth risking:

Kemono no Souja Erin - not comedic or short, but it’s light and PG. You think it’s a child’s anime from the way it looks, but it has layers and layers of depth. A true gem.

Katanagatari - not very light, but ticks all your other boxes. You'll have fun with this.

Spice and Wolf - all about the two character’s dynamic/chemistry as they travel the world, very light and easy, but comedy is a side-dish not the main meal

Back