One-Punch Man 2

Animators could have just left it alone; I liked it white.
Did I miss the reason why it changed?
was it just the blood? Him going full monster?
Anyhow Garou is by far the most interesting character.
sought after by monster Association, yet he doesn't want them, out to take on the toughest S-Class, but still protects the ugliest kid ever drawn.
Anyhow, I did not mind the end, I was not expecting some amazing smackdown trying to shoehorn at the end. and as @OmegaYami said, maybe we get lucky and JC is canned for a better studio... I mean I am not sure I ever read that was going to happen, but there is always a prayer that it will.

Final thoughts:
I like the idea of the side characters getting development in OPM. The problem is that the animation puts a damper on everything else this season. I'm actually curious enough to check out the manga now. But they seriously need to pick another studio for OPM. Cause if they don't, its not going to look good for OPM. The way I see it, a 2/5.

I don't get how this show has a 4.5 rating, but Gundam origin doesn't. Gundam this season is a superior show and this one is like 3.5 at best...
The only reason I dropped Gundam this season was in favor of the Gundam: The Origin OVAs which was even better than the TV cut. It's even very beginner friendly and a good standalone entry you'd get without watching any of the trillion other Gundam shows.

But I gave up thinking about what would be a fair rating a long time ago. You'll go insane or become too cynical if you think too much about it.

I do not understand the bad reviews. I liked this season as much as the first season. The animations and the story were good. I also liked the characters. And most importantly, the joke was still great. I would be happy about a third season. :3

I do not understand the bad reviews. I liked this season as much as the first season. The animations and the story were good. I also liked the characters. And most importantly, the joke was still great. I would be happy about a third season. :3
I think I understand the bad reviews.
The bar was set higher in season 1 and this season failed to deliver. In a lot of ways, quality being one of them.
However, I am like you, I'd be happy to see that 3rd season; I rather enjoyed it. Of course my expectations were low.

The only thing it failed on for me was the lack of actual fighting animation. It was all close ups of faces/jumping to the aftermath of what should’ve been an intense fight.
I do hope it gets a third season, I’m a no-shame-OPM-fan regardless. I just felt a bit let down in some places with this season, not the actual content just what I mentioned before.

So... season 2 seemed like it was mostly just setup for the next season and a big battle against the monster league... or whatever they called it. Would've been nice to see more Saitama, but very little plot wise can happen if he is the one fighting everything. Genos was cool to watch and Garo's motivations seemed more heroic but misguided and it should prove interesting how that is finally resolved. (My guess is another disciple for Saitama).

If you actually read them instead of looking at just the scores you'd understand. And maybe you really do understand and don't care, that's perfectly fine.

Overall, I liked the season. I thought it was actually superior to Season 1 in most ways (except the animation I guess, although I was rarely bothered by the new animation). Its biggest problems were: the "hero hunter" was lame and I hated that they wasted so much time on his boring backstory, Saitama didn't do enough and the whole season felt like set up for the arc.

But, overall I still enjoyed more then the first season (which I thought was pretty good but didn't blow me away like it did some people), and I hope we get a season 3, whether its from the same studio as season 2 or not.

Overall, I liked the season. I thought it was actually superior to Season 1 in most ways (except the animation I guess, although I was rarely bothered by the new animation). Its biggest problems were: the "hero hunter" was lame and I hated that they wasted so much time on his boring backstory, Saitama didn't do enough and the whole season felt like set up for the arc.

But, overall I still enjoyed more then the first season (which I thought was pretty good but didn't blow me away like it did some people), and I hope we get a season 3, whether its from the same studio as season 2 or not.
I'm not sure how you could claim this was better than season 1 since the hero hunter being "lame" sounds like a real big deal to me.

I rather enjoyed this season. Was nice to see more of the Hero Association and let some of the other heroes get a spotlight. I also don't understand the hate for Garou; I thought his motivation was really refreshing. Especially
how he was forced to be the monster to the popular kid hero, showing that his "nothing is fair/no good or evil" mantra has at least a little merit.

Overall, while I can see why some people thought the humor was lacking, I thought this season expanded well on the first and made opened up new avenues for the show to explore. Looking forward to a season 3!

I rather enjoyed this season. Was nice to see more of the Hero Association and let some of the other heroes get a spotlight. I also don't understand the hate for Garou; I thought his motivation was really refreshing. Especially
how he was forced to be the monster to the popular kid hero, showing that his "nothing is fair/no good or evil" mantra has at least a little merit.

Overall, while I can see why some people thought the humor was lacking, I thought this season expanded well on the first and made opened up new avenues for the show to explore. Looking forward to a season 3!
Aye, that was one of my favorite things.
Garou.
he has the potential to be one of the best heroes ever, but he is screw all that. He wants to be the best baddies. And then they give a pretty decent reasoning for him.
He is the polar opposite to Saitama. He has a clear goal and wants to be bad. Saitama, has no real clear goal and sorta wants to be good.
But then they share one thing. Being challenged by the best.

I'm not sure how you could claim this was better than season 1 since the hero hunter being "lame" sounds like a real big deal to me.

Because I liked the monster association stuff, I liked the (heroic) side characters, and I was a lot less frustrated by the whole "Saitama is always awesome except when people besides Genos are watching, so he gets treated as literally a B-list hero". I know thats part of the show, but it was basically all of last season. This season, by contrast, while he's still an unknown hero to most people he got a bit of respect from some different heroes and the story didn't focus on that specific gag as its main plot. also, the fighting tournament stuff with Saitama was pretty good.

Season 2 failed to deliver. What really disappointed me was how the fight scenes were adapted from the manga. I was anticipating Metal Bat's and Garou's fight, but the animation took away from the scene itself. However, I may just be disappointed, because I caught up to the manga before I caught up to the anime.

Back