Gaming Discussion Thread

Nope. I constantly need something new and different.

I'm the exact opposite (even though I buy a couple new games here and there). Give me a strategy game or city builder and I'll invest 1,000 hours into it, easily. I think between Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, CK2, EU3, and Cities:Skylines I've played approximately 3-4000 hours of Paradox games alone. Hell, the only reason I haven't been glued to their newest game, Imperator: Rome, is because of the lacklustre reviews on Steam.

I'm the exact opposite (even though I buy a couple new games here and there). Give me a strategy game or city builder and I'll invest 1,000 hours into it, easily. I think between Stellaris, Hearts of Iron, CK2, EU3, and Cities:Skylines I've played approximately 3-4000 hours of Paradox games alone. Hell, the only reason I haven't been glued to their newest game, Imperator: Rome, is because of the lacklustre reviews on Steam.
Sounds like my brother. Which sucks, because I like games with a good story that I would like for him to try and discuss with me later, but he's stuck on Rimworld for a billion hours.

Playing more Final Fantasy 7 and I just noticed that Tifa can fucking lift enemies that are like 20 times her size and slam them into the ground (skip to 2:39):
:love:

The above conversation just reminded me that I still need to finish Octopath one of these days... at this rate I'll probably have to restart the game but at least I wasn't like super far.

I don't know if anyone here is into the Divinity series, but my first rodeo was with Divinity: Original Sin II and I absolutely loved it. One of the finest tactical RPGs I've ever played. I even contacted the devs and said I'd mail a bucket full of dollar bills to their HQ in Belgium if they made DLC for Malady. Well, they never made that DLC but their new game, Divinity: Fallen Heroes, is bringing her back and I'm hype to hear that trademark sarcastic contempt again. She made the grindy portions of the game worth it, just sitting there on the boat hurling insults at my party. I need that back in my life.

I don't know if anyone here is into the Divinity series, but my first rodeo was with Divinity: Original Sin II and I absolutely loved it. One of the finest tactical RPGs I've ever played. I even contacted the devs and said I'd mail a bucket full of dollar bills to their HQ in Belgium if they made DLC for Malady. Well, they never made that DLC but their new game, Divinity: Fallen Heroes, is bringing her back and I'm hype to hear that trademark sarcastic contempt again. She made the grindy portions of the game worth it, just sitting there on the boat hurling insults at my party. I need that back in my life.
I love the tactical complexity of both 1 and 2, but I grew to dislike the rather level-gated areas and how the plot kept getting less and less interesting. I haven't beaten either game, actually.

Reactions: Vuh
not to keep spamming my fallout 4 mods on yall but like

tumblr_prsi2gEMb21u12ko7o1_1280.jpg

she's beautiful

I love the tactical complexity of both 1 and 2, but I grew to dislike the rather level-gated areas and how the plot kept getting less and less interesting. I haven't beaten either game, actually.

The complexity actually let's you get around the levels a bit if you've got a diverse enough build and hoard scrolls and specialized weapons/armor though.

The ending to 2 was...alright, I guess. It really depends on how invested you are in the roleplaying experience with certain characters and their relationships. Then it becomes a pretty significant moral choice.

The complexity actually let's you get around the levels a bit if you've got a diverse enough build and hoard scrolls and specialized weapons/armor though.

The ending to 2 was...alright, I guess. It really depends on how invested you are in the roleplaying experience with certain characters and their relationships. Then it becomes a pretty significant moral choice.
Yeah, you can easily punch up a level or two, but I found the gaps to be bonkers after that. At least for me, that's pretty sucky and always saving up scrolls. I'm just not a fan of games where items and levels are so important.

Divine Divinity was great, but that shitfuck game just broke on me midway through. I was like "Yooooo the fuck game you bitch ass fucking cock holster work fucking damn you" and try as I might, with all them fixes, I couldn't. Lost about 25 hours or so, probably more because I'm slow as shit in RPGs.

so I started playing two new games this go around. onrush for those racing fans, the music and graphics are outstanding and your skills are all the same, the higher the level doesn't imply you'll do better or get better quirks, it's all about you. but what really caught my fun was Bulletstorm full clip, Steve Blum! why yes I'll play something just because it has one of my favorite voice actors in it, but to me it's basically what would happen if Call of Duty and Destiny had a baby. there really isn't much to learn in this scifi futuristic first person shooter, other than kick, and I've unlocked the whip thus far. you get points in order to upgrade your weapon(s) as well. I never thought that PlayStation plus would ever be worth it, but it appears it's paid itself off, so going to renew and keep on getting those free games. what I pay for one year is pretty much the equal to a new game, maybe two. also, as a bonus with bulletstorm, you have the ability to make it remotely kid friendly, cleans up the language/gore, so if any of that bothers you, then you're able to take it out, trust me, just a few levels in, if any of that bothers you, then you're not going to like it.

Re-playing AC Origins atm to get to the Hidden Ones and Pharaohs DLC already and also do the God Trials for the Anubis outfit.

It's still such a great game to me but overall it's a little tougher to handle right now with me being spoiled by Sparta kickin' my way through Odyssey and not taking fall damage. I appreciate the realism in Origins though, you actually feel mortal throughout the game here unlike with Kassandra/Alexios and have to be more strategic and acting with the environment when infiltrating hideouts and camps.

Visually it still blows me away. The sun just went up over Cyrene and it sure feels majestic basking in it with my tamed crocodile next to me.

Finished playing Gyromancer yesterday (which I wasn't even aware I owned it on Steam). The game was like any other match 3 but with a twist (he he he I’m so funny…). Instead of moving a single piece vertically or horizontally you rotate groups of 4 gems clockwise. The game itself was pretty good but it had so many annoying bugs it makes you wonder if it was actually tested before release (thankfully there's nothing game-breaking, and auto-save always gets your ass covered if the game freezed because you pressed alt+tab or windows+D during a battle).

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is still the shit to me and it's a really underrated game. That said, the fact the multiplayer needs GBAs is lame as fuck. I always hated those GBA controller peripherals for the Gamecube. Like who the hell thought those were a good idea?

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles is still the shit to me and it's a really underrated game. That said, the fact the multiplayer needs GBAs is lame as fuck. I always hated those GBA controller peripherals for the Gamecube. Like who the hell thought those were a good idea?
Oh man I actually have one of those. I think I may have gotten it primarily for the Tingle Tuner feature in Wind Waker but I don't remember. Speaking of which I hope someone other than me remembers that.

I also have the nintendo power strategy guide for Crystal Chronicles cause my parents thought I'd get the game after I rented it... but to this day I still don't have a copy.

So I was gonna try to play through all the resident evil games and get all the achievements on them. And then I realized RE5 has multiplayer achievements. And not just like co-op achievements, COMPETITIVE MULTIPLAYER ACHIEVEMENTS!!! Why?!?!? No one is gonna be playing your crappy multiplayer mode all these years later
Tomb Raider has that crap too...

Back