What made or ruined your day?

Yeah, I think breaks are really important to recollect your thoughts and re-charge your energy because good lord, if weekends didn't exist for me. I'd burn out too fast.

I very often have to work on weekends and well ... to be honest I've lasted 1 year and 8 months without a proper vacation , t hat's how long I've had my current job. I've had some free days but ... well ... I suppose it was about time I broke down ...

I really appreciate you trying to cheer me up. I really do. And inject me with positive thinking ...

But you see ... it's not just only in my head. It's not like I am thinking "Oh this day will suck ..." over and over again until I really start to believe it.
I have done so in the past, I know I have so I know this time it's not that.

I know it will suck because I had a deadline yesterday which I didn't meet because once again I was trying to battle anxiety but failed miserably. Like I so very often do. And when I fail I come here and ...

Now it's currently 06.02 am and I'm still trying to work. And the reason why today is gonna suck even more is that I can't go to sleep any time soon because I have another deadline tomorrow.
Good luck getting through it all Kat!
Yeah, I think breaks are really important to recollect your thoughts and re-charge your energy because good lord, if weekends didn't exist for me. I'd burn out too fast.
And this is why I want to change my shifts so I have two days off together. Having them separate isn’t a proper break from work and I’d be able to see taek more

Good luck getting through it all Kat!

And this is why I want to change my shifts so I have two days off together. Having them separate isn’t a proper break from work and I’d be able to see taek more

Thank you. Luck is definitely something I need right now ... and an understanding employer as well ... I just wrote her that one of the translations going to be late. She's usually really understanding, I hope today won't be an exception.

Wmmd: Just received a message from somebody I played games with 9 years ago. And they contacted me through Linkedin of all places, to see if both me and the girlfriend are still alive. I'm extremely impressed they still know my name after all these years.
Did they make you a special offer to get rich?

But I'm glad, it always feels good to know you made enough of an impact on people for them to remember you that long later ^.^

Did they make you a special offer to get rich?

But I'm glad, it always feels good to know you made enough of an impact on people for them to remember you that long later ^.^

I've got a bit of a funny history when it comes to video games. I still have people poking me once in a while due to the codejunkies/action replay stuff from more than 20 years ago.

People still want me to play on a private Asheron's Call server which was my first MMORPG. I build up a bit of a reputation in Warcraft, playing for an extremely good pvp group and ranking quite high... And I ran a group of misfits in a game called Guild Wars 2. So every new game I play, It's tough to get my normal username even though it's quite an odd one.

Normally people reach out every few months, but 9 years... a little lost for words on that one.

WMMD: Test has been aced.
WRMD: @Katoire is going through some rough shit. :/ Don't really know what to tell you, but I hope things improve for you soon. I know what overworking yourself is like and where it leads.

Kinda guessed that since she wanted to take a break from the forums, having some issues with the software stuff and deadlines closing in. @Katoire, chin up m'lady... if it's getting too much, make sure to let people know. Nobody should work themselves into the ground. If you need to vent, you know where to find me m'lady!

WRMD.
My last hamster died this morning.

:( <3

WRMD.
My last hamster died this morning.
I'm sorry to hear this :'(
giphy.gif

Kinda guessed that since she wanted to take a break from the forums, having some issues with the software stuff and deadlines closing in. @Katoire, chin up m'lady... if it's getting too much, make sure to let people know. Nobody should work themselves into the ground. If you need to vent, you know where to find me m'lady

Same goes for me. I know I'm a silly goofball most of the time but I have experience with being overworked, burnout, depression, anxiety and all that fun stuff and am willing to share some wisdom and/or kind words if needed.

Back