Why are the mangas by Yoshiki Tonogai so underrated?

G

I recently finished the Doubt and the Secret series written by Yoshiki Tonogai and after reading the reviews I realized that there wasn't a lot of love for the manga. Even while asking around on Reddit, I noticed that many people weren't aware about such a series. While I wouldn't go as far to call the series a masterpiece, I would still say that they are pretty good fast paced thrillers and its something that is actually refreshing. Any of you who have read the series: What are your thoughts on this?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Eh, Doubt was an okay read, but most of the twists just weren't all that great as far as I remember that manga. I'd have to re-read it for a more in-depth comment though, it's been years since I read it

I don't know, I mean I consider myself a fan of survival horror, but there's still a lot of series I don't know about. There are a fair share of anime fans who are screamish with blood. The first series that pretty much convinced me that I was a fan of survival horror was Claymore when I was a teen. Regardless I'll give the series a shot when I have the time.

Back