Daily Anime Thoughts

It's just such a depressing season of anime. Without Sarazanmai and Fruits Basket the season would be a total washout. I'm enjoying the stop motion bear anime on Netflix, but it's a slightly bittersweet slice of life that's probably not going to appeal to most people.
Nitro and I watched the first episode of Rilakkuma last night and I fucking loved it. I'll be getting around to the second episode of Sarazanmai today.

DAT: I'm too lazy to look it up, but I remember a couple months back when Netflix announced they'd be getting Evangelion, I made a post saying "Hopefully they'll get Madoka Magica too". Well, turns out they did. I am so watching that. Episode 1 was already awesome.

Just in case this is my super power: Hopefully Netflix will get Made in Abyss sometime.

It's just such a depressing season of anime. Without Sarazanmai and Fruits Basket the season would be a total washout. I'm enjoying the stop motion bear anime on Netflix, but it's a slightly bittersweet slice of life that's probably not going to appeal to most people.
I certainly picked a terrible season to try and watch a lot of the new anime instead of just doing what I normally do and wait for word of mouth to see if I'd want to see a show.

Aside from the two you mentioned I still am enjoying Demon Slayer even if that last episode felt a bit strange. HitoriBocchi has also been a pleasant surprise with it's MC being the most awkward yet cute character I've seen in a long while, though it is moe slice of life which I thought I was getting tired of. I'm also enjoying Isekai Quartet even though I have little knowledge of Overlord and none for Tanya.

Everything else I've watched has me question my sanity.

DAT: To watch anime or to fool around on The Wired, that's the question

giphy.gif

Last edited:
DAT:

I'm not watching this show at all, but hot damn. I can't lie, this is a fucking AWESOME ED:

Can't really go wrong with Sugita getting his groove on to a funky banger.
The first episode was enjoyable. The second was a bit more than weird but still had some good humor. It feels like Space Dandy and Tiger & Bunny merged into something mediocre. I'm mostly still watching it for Sugita and Nakai doing weird things.

I certainly picked a terrible season to try and watch a lot of the new anime instead of just doing what I normally do and wait for word of mouth to see if I'd want to see a show.

Aside from the two you mentioned I still am enjoying Demon Slayer even if that last episode felt a bit strange. HitoriBocchi has also been a pleasant surprise with it's MC being the most awkward yet cute character I've seen in a long while, though it is moe slice of life which I thought I was getting tired of. I'm also enjoying Isekai Quartet even though I have little knowledge of Overlord and none for Tanya.

Everything else I've watched has me question my sanity.

Oh right, Demons Slayer. I keep forgetting that show exists. It's just sort of there. I watch the episodes when they appear, think to myself "that was well made" and promptly forget everything about it until the next week. The plot, characters and everything other than the animation are pretty unmemorable to me. It's not a bad show, but not one I'm going to remember after it's over either unless it significantly improves or suddenly gets shittier.

Oh right, Demons Slayer. I keep forgetting that show exists. It's just sort of there. I watch the episodes when they appear, think to myself "that was well made" and promptly forget everything about it until the next week. The plot, characters and everything other than the animation are pretty unmemorable to me. It's not a bad show, but not one I'm going to remember after it's over either unless it significantly improves or suddenly gets shittier.
At least it has a charming Pocket Demon Sister(tm) that's handy to carry around for convenience. Really should order mine soon.

Back