Gaming Discussion Thread

I've been so slothful on games the last few days. I restarted the original Darksiders, with the intent to do a complete run and get all the achievements, but damn am I just not playing much. Also, slowly pecking away at 20XX trying to knock out those achievements one by one. I keep saying I am going to sit down and play for a few hours, but just always end up distracted and doing something else.

So the Master Chief Collection has been announced for Steam.

Pardon me...

N8TxB76.gif

OK, I feel better now.

Does anyone here play a little known game called Tower Unite? It's basically "hang out simulator" for people that includes loads of cool stuff to do by yourself, with your friends or just with random people. There is a lot of minigames to play from minigolf and bowling to some more unique ones that you can play with your party or random peoples and best of all you get your own condo that you can decorate like in The Sims for example, but with first or third-person camera, then you can invite your friends over and do all kinds of stupid stuff together like watch stupid Youtube-videos or play in a band together (Trust me. It's far better game than my crappy explanation makes it out to be)

I'm mainly asking because I rarely play any multiplayer games and I would love to play this with someone or some kind of group if there are people who have even heard of this game. It's basically just chilling with some nice company, playing minigames together and having fun in a pretty good online game.

I was going to put an cool promotional speech for this game here, but if you're interested in checking it out it's on Steam for 15 euros. Still early access, but it gets updated frequently and it has come a long way since I first played it like a year ago.

Does anyone here play a little known game called Tower Unite? It's basically "hang out simulator" for people that includes loads of cool stuff to do by yourself, with your friends or just with random people. There is a lot of minigames to play from minigolf and bowling to some more unique ones that you can play with your party or random peoples and best of all you get your own condo that you can decorate like in The Sims for example, but with first or third-person camera, then you can invite your friends over and do all kinds of stupid stuff together like watch stupid Youtube-videos or play in a band together (Trust me. It's far better game than my crappy explanation makes it out to be)

I'm mainly asking because I rarely play any multiplayer games and I would love to play this with someone or some kind of group if there are people who have even heard of this game. It's basically just chilling with some nice company, playing minigames together and having fun in a pretty good online game.

I was going to put an cool promotional speech for this game here, but if you're interested in checking it out it's on Steam for 15 euros. Still early access, but it gets updated frequently and it has come a long way since I first played it like a year ago.
I know of this game. There was a mode in GMod called Tower which was literally this game. I played that a lot back in the day and had my own suite where I'd invite randoms over for a party. Then all the servers with that mode were removed, which sucked since it was a great hangout game. Then they came out with Tower Unite but it unfortunately seems they didn't keep the amount of players they had hoped.

I've been interested in it for a while but the fact it costs more than GMod does always kept me away. Haven't seen what additions they've added in the last year and a half but I'm sure it's still fun. I'll probably get it eventually or when it goes on sale.

My mom is really into Pokemon Go, and she bought Pokemon Let's Go Eevee for @SkyOnAnime this past Christmas, but Sky had yet to start it. So, for a little while now, my mom has been like, "How is Let's Go Eevee? How is it?" And I'm like, "Haven't started it. I really have zero interest in this game."

Finally, today, we were hanging out and we decided to start it up. I named our character and rival appropriately, the main character being the name of my cat, and the rival being the name of her cat. Then I proceeded to play for about 10 minutes to let my mom see how the controls worked, and then passed it off to her. She played for a good hour, getting to Viridian Forest before deciding to take a break.

I don't like how casual it is, but I noticed some neat easter eggs here and there. A calendar with the original Pokemon sprites from RB on it in your room, a poster with the original opening of Nidorino vs Gengar, etc. So, there are nice touches in the background, and seeing Kanto represented on the Switch in 3D is nice. I do wish there was a "rotate" camera option, as it's easy to get stuck behind things and not see what you're doing. I was able to guide my mom through like every thing though. I even told her where to find hidden items and she's like, "How did you know that?" And I'm like, "I've beaten this game, like, a lot. This is like the 3rd iteration of Kanto, so."

I don't really care for how you don't have to battle wild Pokemon either, but it's neat that they are roaming freely, rather than random encounters. Granted, them Pidgey's be like homing missiles though. They just come right at you. Pidgey is no joke.

Overall, there are some interesting things about it, but it's basically even easier to beat than X&Y and S&M were. Hopefully S&S takes the foundation of Let's Go and adds some more dynamics of core Pokemon games into it.

Me; looking at Pokemon Let's Go info. Come across a thing titled, "Secret Techniques." Me; "Oh, what's that? Like, Blast Burn? Frenzy Plant?"

dmrv9f.png

So they meant... HMs......... what the fuck? Look at these fucking names. "Chop Down," "Sky Dash," "Sea Skim," "Strong Push," and "Light Up."

First of all, Sky Dash? What the literal fuck? ಠ_ಠ
Sea Skim?

giphy.gif

Me; looking at Pokemon Let's Go info. Come across a thing titled, "Secret Techniques." Me; "Oh, what's that? Like, Blast Burn? Frenzy Plant?"

dmrv9f.png

So they meant... HMs......... what the fuck? Look at these fucking names. "Chop Down," "Sky Dash," "Sea Skim," "Strong Push," and "Light Up."

Sea Skim?

giphy.gif
Wake up birdies, your time as HM slaves has come again

dmrv9f.png

Sea Skim?

giphy.gif

Pikachu! LIGHT EM UP
UHhxsl7.jpg

The past few days I haven't really felt like gaming, at all. Luckily my 3DS seems to be exempt from my apathetic mood. So, I've been watching random stuff on Hulu and Netflix and working on Pokemon Crystal.

Finished up the Elite 4 and have made my way to Kanto. As soon as I got there though, I snatched up a Houndour and made my way back to the Elite 4 to grind and get him up, approximately, the same level as the rest of my team. Once he gets up there a bit, my adventure into Kanto shall begin, and it shall be legendary. Watch out Red, I'm coming for your ass.

The past few days I haven't really felt like gaming, at all. Luckily my 3DS seems to be exempt from my apathetic mood. So, I've been watching random stuff on Hulu and Netflix and working on Pokemon Crystal.

Finished up the Elite 4 and have made my way to Kanto. As soon as I got there though, I snatched up a Houndour and made my way back to the Elite 4 to grind and get him up, approximately, the same level as the rest of my team. Once he gets up there a bit, my adventure into Kanto shall begin, and it shall be legendary. Watch out Red, I'm coming for your ass.
Man, I never feel like grinding anymore. Especially in pokemon games, where a simple save edit can spare you the trouble

Man, I never feel like grinding anymore. Especially in pokemon games, where a simple save edit can spare you the trouble

I actually like grinding. It's one of those things where you can turn off your brain and just run on auto-pilot. I don't have to think about anything, I can throw on some music, or in this case, a show or movie, and just chill. Granted, in Pokemon, it's a bit more tedious. I generally like grinding more when it comes to games with loot systems, like Diablo, Borderlands, etc. Finding shiny things is the tits.

I don't really see the appeal of walking through the story with max level stuff. Building your character, and in Pokemon's case, your team, is pretty much the appeal.

I don't really see the appeal of walking through the story with max level stuff. Building your character, and in Pokemon's case, your team, is pretty much the appeal.
well, it's not like I go through it with max level stuff either. It's just my way of getting new members of my team up to speed, without wasting hours on grinding first

well, it's not like I go through it with max level stuff either. It's just my way of getting new members of my team up to speed, without wasting hours on grinding first

It's not like I really have anything else I feel like doing though. Plus, while capping off Pokemon who are close to leveling in Victory Road, maybe i'll find a shiny? Plus, while fighting the E4, money. You don't rig shiny encounters, and give yourself max money too, do you?

Marlo Briggs and the Mask of Death

It's some cheap shit, but hilariously fun cheap shit. Everything about it is chintzy, dumb, God of War, exploding, or cheesy. Cut scenes have Marlo stone-faced as he's kicking ass, everything explodes as in the first 5 minutes of gameplay have shit exploding up the wazoo, it's a God of War clone and it's incredibly hard to think otherwise, the plot is simple and dumb and the writing is pretty entertaining, with all of this folded up in a b-movie feel. I mean, it's a blast to play and doesn't expect much from you while being cheap as chips on sale.

Ever since I’ve gotten Persona 5 on Thursday I’ve been playing it non-stop. I’m about a week away from starting the fourth palace and I’m pretty excited. I’m trying to max out as many confidants as possible. I’m currently mid-way with about four of them. But the teacher is a very expensive confidant and is taking all my money. Alfredo is level 24ish at the moment though so wish me luck! I’m about to start up the game soon.

Ever since I’ve gotten Persona 5 on Thursday I’ve been playing it non-stop. I’m about a week away from starting the fourth palace and I’m pretty excited. I’m trying to max out as many confidants as possible. I’m currently mid-way with about four of them. But the teacher is a very expensive confidant and is taking all my money. Alfredo is level 24ish at the moment though so wish me luck! I’m about to start up the game soon.
I started my second playthrough a while ago to get all the trophies. I've taken a break, but I miss it and want to go back soon. Got well over 200 hours into it and it's still so fun.

Back