Anime Clichés You Hate!

To be fair, this isn't exactly true... but it's also not well-represented in the anime. Yeah yeah, I'm being that guy, but it's honestly abnormally true for Overlord... one of the LN's greatest strengths is in the details that either would be difficult to capture in any adaptation or were simply left out for time, including inner monologue that really takes the main character well beyond standard isekai protag.
That's fair, my good friend @Shikiya knows about this too since he's a seasoned light novel-phile and was earlier telling me a lot of characterizing elements that were left out of the anime. So I'll give it a bit of a pass since that seems like the kind of thing that should have been included more than sexy lizards.

Damn madhouse and their priorities. That's why I'm not watching s3. wish I was more of an LN guy.

That's fair, my good friend @Shikiya knows about this too since he's a seasoned light novel-phile and was earlier telling me a lot of characterizing elements that were left out of the anime. So I'll give it a bit of a pass since that seems like the kind of thing that should have been included more than sexy lizards.

Damn madhouse and their priorities. That's why I'm not watching s3. wish I was more of an LN guy.

Exactly.
How dare you send back the 5th volume of Mujaki no Rakuen the light novel I got you for Christmas without watching it.
I'm hurt that you are not the type of a cultured guy who would drool at the ecchi illustrations included with it.

As much as most of LNs are garbo, some are worth your time, is my opinion regarding LNs.
As for Overlord S3, what can I say, as dull as it is, it's more entertaining and less painful than majority of animu this season.

"Sexual harassment is funny!" Bonus points if it's "sexual harassment is funny when a female does it!"

Shit just makes me uncomfortable, and I've been lucky to never experience it myself. It's reasons like this why Nozomi's my least fave μ's member. Interestingly, lesbian fans seem to almost always have her as their fave (or Maki). Not that I'm trying to suggest anything either way, it's just an observation.

"Sexual harassment is funny!" Bonus points if it's "sexual harassment is funny when a female does it!"

Shit just makes me uncomfortable, and I've been lucky to never experience it myself. It's reasons like this why Nozomi's my least fave μ's member. Interestingly, lesbian fans seem to almost always have her as their fave (or Maki). Not that I'm trying to suggest anything either way, it's just an observation.
I think you are trying to suggest something, that anime fans are huge garbagey perverts.

But I'd also go so far as to also suggest that some "sexual harassment" actually isn't "sexual harassment" and therefore can be funny from time to time.

But I'd also also say that it's most definitely no more funny when a female does it. It's about the same.

See I don't know why people say I'm not a feminist, gender equality all around.

I think you are trying to suggest something, that anime fans are huge garbagey perverts.
Well, we aren't, but creators seem to think we are.

But I'd also go so far as to also suggest that some "sexual harassment" actually isn't "sexual harassment" and therefore can be funny from time to time.
Disagree with this, since anything involving non-consensual touching makes me uncomfortable (but I'm weird lol), even if it's not sexual -- but a lot of the time it is in anime. With Love Live! it's always Nozomi (or Mari in Sunshine) grabbing the other girls' boobs and threatening to grope them, which she uses to then force them to do what she wants. And it's meant to be funny. It's honestly my least favourite aspect of Love Live!. I may dislike Honoka a lot, but that's because she's annoying, not because she's a groper, lol.

(FWIW I don't find male-on-male harassment funny either and it's one of my biggest gripes with BL.)

But I'd also also say that it's most definitely no more funny when a female does it. It's about the same.

See I don't know why people say I'm not a feminist, gender equality all around.
This I can get behind.

Disagree with this, since anything involving non-consensual touching makes me uncomfortable (but I'm weird lol), even if it's not sexual -- but a lot of the time it is in anime. With Love Live! it's always Nozomi (or Mari in Sunshine) grabbing the other girls' boobs and threatening to grope them, which she uses to then force them to do what she wants. And it's meant to be funny. It's honestly my least favourite aspect of Love Live!. I may dislike Honoka a lot, but that's because she's annoying, not because she's a groper, lol.
well duh. but for some reason, some people seem to think joking at a girl is sexual harrassment. we're all parodies of that one piece character.

Horror anime like devil may cry and other horror containning like violence etc

well duh. but for some reason, some people seem to think joking at a girl is sexual harrassment. we're all parodies of that one piece character.
Ah, I get what you mean. Yeah, that ain't sexual harassment. Sometimes it's harassment, sure, but it sure as hell isn't always sexual.

Sometimes it's just annoying if nothing else, lol.

The facts:

@BrainBlow has the most posts in this thread, with 74 posts total complaining about or otherwise pointing out anime tropes. Outstanding, good sir.

I was bored. Gotta break from reading on a computer at some point. To read more on a computer.

Problem is I forget which I have already listed, and I don't wanna browse through the entire thread.
All shitposters do a little reshitposting from time to time. The old stragglers won't die so we must bring them to light until they do.

Problem is I forget which I have already listed, and I don't wanna browse through the entire thread.
Shit, ain't nobody got time to check this thread, and those grievances are grievances for a reason: because those cliches suck balls.

But y'all know what I hate? When the antagonist of the episode with his years of expertise uses dumbshit fuckboy tactics while the MC actually knows tactics and how to not suck ass at fighting. I'm looking at you Valkyrie Ragnarok Mesopotamia.

But y'all know what I hate? When the antagonist of the episode with his years of expertise uses dumbshit fuckboy tactics while the MC actually knows tactics and how to not suck ass at fighting. I'm looking at you Valkyrie Ragnarok Mesopotamia.
Isn't that also like how most battles in mecha animes go that don't just have the person with the most OP mech automatically winning?

adapting a story you have no intentional or realistic plan on completing.
Like yea it was mediocre, but just ending leaves a more sour taste in my mouth, its not that you were even canceled due to poor sales, you just wanted to hit it and quit it.

Just stop doing that shit, or at least make up a conclusion. I dont mind Soul Reapers or FMAs, because the story was finished.

"DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU ONLY USE X PERCENT OF YOUR BRAIN? FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE ALL OF IT!!!"

That's not how that shit works, you dumbass motherfuckers! Your brain's always running at almost-100% CPU, it's just that different parts of your brain do different things so you don't always notice them. Arrrghhh.

"DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU ONLY USE X PERCENT OF YOUR BRAIN? FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU USE ALL OF IT!!!"

That's not how that shit works, you dumbass motherfuckers! Your brain's always running at almost-100% CPU, it's just that different parts of your brain do different things so you don't always notice them. Arrrghhh.
Dang, I don't think I've ever come across that particular factoid in anime. But I am forgetful, so take it with a grain of salt. My favourite out of these myriad pseudo-scientific claims is that evolution is purpose-driven and that there are evolutionary levels. Dang, those statements do ever annoy me, and I barely had a passing grade in biology during 8th grade.

Dang, I don't think I've ever come across that particular factoid in anime. But I am forgetful, so take it with a grain of salt. My favourite out of these myriad pseudo-scientific claims is that evolution is purpose-driven and that there are evolutionary levels. Dang, those statements do ever annoy me, and I barely had a passing grade in biology during 8th grade.
I keep seeing it in manga summaries, it's more of a bullshit sci-fi thing I think.

I keep seeing it in manga summaries, it's more of a bullshit sci-fi thing I think.

Yeah, definitely more of a general sci-fi thing, crops up in western media all the fucking time too... And it's dumb and I fucking hate it.

Back