Attack on Titan 3rd Season

They're under spoiler tags, pretty sure if people were that worried they wouldn't look at them? A lot of comments are about how this season's going to be different too, I'm not the only one who's brought it up.

I did slightly change the wording in my post, but it was all under spoiler tags. I dunno. It's still interesting that they're changing the OP artist and I can see why they did it.

EDIT: I promise I'm not trying to be stroppy or whatever, I genuinely didn't think what I said was that spoilery. I do try not to spoil anything about SnK, but it's hard, and I want to talk about too much to stop posting things, lol. Sorry.
I didn't mean just this post, specifically. I mean generally, bc I see you posting about SnK a lot. You can always discuss the further plot in the manga thread.

I didn't mean just this post, specifically. I mean generally, bc I see you posting about SnK a lot. You can always discuss the further plot in the manga thread.
That makes more sense. I do just tend to post in the manga thread, but hardly anyone posts in there so I don't just want to keep replying to myself.

As for the anime, I am looking forward to it. It looks like it has a better budget than S2 (hopefully?) and unlike most of the fandom I didn't actually mind the story arc it's animating other than a couple of bits. It'll be interesting to see what Isayama has insisted on leaving in there most of all, because that'll be what's important enough to the plot still.

As for the anime, I am looking forward to it. It looks like it has a better budget than S2 (hopefully?) and unlike most of the fandom I didn't actually mind the story arc it's animating other than a couple of bits. It'll be interesting to see what Isayama has insisted on leaving in there most of all, because that'll be what's important enough to the plot still.
I personally didn't like it, so I'm looking forward to the anime just to see the changes. :D

I personally didn't like it, so I'm looking forward to the anime just to see the changes. :D
I get why people didn't like it, but I enjoyed Kenny (he's a very entertaining character to me lol) and the later stuff, once they got past the revolution part of the arc. If they cut down on the characters sitting around and discussing how the public would react etc it might be more bearable.

I know Isayama himself said he didn't like it, so hopefully he'll be able to fix it to his liking now that he has more of the story fleshed out and knows what he can skip.

Also, part of the problem with SnK is that it's a different experience if you read the manga monthly vs. binge-read it. I didn't start reading it monthly until much later on, so I guess people who had to sit through this arc felt like the story was going nowhere. Which I do understand, and I've felt the same with other arcs that I have experienced reading month to month. I've been back and re-read them and they're not nearly as bad doing it that way. Hopefully the anime will fix the pacing issues this season.

Also, part of the problem with SnK is that it's a different experience if you read the manga monthly vs. binge-read it. I didn't start reading it monthly until much later on, so I guess people who had to sit through this arc felt like the story was going nowhere. Which I do understand, and I've felt the same with other arcs that I have experienced reading month to month. I've been back and re-read them and they're not nearly as bad doing it that way. Hopefully the anime will fix the pacing issues this season.
Yeah, I feel so, too. I stopped reading the manga at the beginning of the Upheaval arc for no particular reason, and then years later I marathon'd it (and the arc after). So Upheaval was a fun read for a chill evening, but it probably wouldn't work nearly as well as something you follow for years in monthly instalments. Many parts of it are too slow-paced for that and while the arc delivers a lot of interesting answers, it does keep its cards close to the chest for a good while before the revelations happen.

Personally I'm looking forward to the season, although I've been debating whether to watch it weekly or just wait for a marathon later. It's what I'm doing with Steins;Gate 0 and BnHA 3, and it probably fits my current viewing habits best.

Yeah, I feel so, too. I stopped reading the manga at the beginning of the Upheaval arc for no particular reason, and then years later I marathon'd it (and the arc after). So Upheaval was a fun read for a chill evening, but it probably wouldn't work nearly as well as something you follow for years in monthly instalments. Many parts of it are too slow-paced for that and while the arc delivers a lot of interesting answers, it does keep its cards close to the chest for a good while before the revelations happen.
Yep. It's my favourite manga (I know, basic-ass tastes) but it definitely has pacing issues. To be fair to Isayama, though, it's the only series he's ever written and he never expected it to get as big as it did, lol. I like reading it monthly because the theorising is super fun and I don't want to get spoiled (although nowadays a lot of the spoilers don't make sense out of context) but in lots of ways it is better binge-reading it. It's also clearly designed around how many chapters are in each volume, so you can kind of predict that each arc is going to be roughly 2-4 chapters long if it's a single-volume arc, or up to 8 if it's a 2-volume arc. Sometimes the arcs bleed over, but that doesn't happen that often.

I'll be watching S3 week to week because that's how I prefer watching anime in general (otherwise I never finish shit lol) but I won't be surprised if people give up on it. It's still really good after this arc, please stick with it.

I forgot this scene and now I'm hyped for season 3:

NQKbAs8.jpg

@ZetsubouKaiji He totally has, but only after using sexy no jutsu to make female Naruto Shadow Clones.

I feel a bit out of place in the SnK fandom because I don't care about Erwin despite him being pretty much the most popular character outside of Levi. Even his wonderful eyebrows and Ono Daisuke being, well, Ono fucking Daisuke couldn't make me interested in his character. Ah well. At least he's good for memes. Most of the weird questions people come up with are ones that Erwin probably would ask Eren.

My favourite thing about Erwin is that in the parody high school caste AU spin-off omakes Isayama's been doing for the fake volume previews, he's
a mostly normal history teacher who sometimes laughs at inappropriate times while teaching (in other words, he's probably chuckled while talking about the Holocaust). Nothing in the school caste AU will ever top janitor Levi, though. Although goth Mikasa is pretty close, if only because of how damn hot goth Mikasa is.

Fair. I just never really got invested in him. I guess it's partially because he's there for the political side of things, which is the one aspect of SnK that I've never cared about, lol (even now). Reiner I will give you. I have a lot of thoughts about him and his story.

But then again, my fave characters are ones I can't even mention anything about because they're both walking spoilers. At least I can say I love Eren (who is A GOOD BOY) and Levi I guess, lol. Still wish I could say who my top 2 are without people A) being confused if they're anime-only fans and B) most likely beating me up if they're manga fans.

Noooo I was looking forward to another Linked Horizon opening. Now I'm sad :(

Erwin's the most interesting guy in the story to me. I'd place him second in my list of favorites, right behind Reiner. Going into why would require manga spoilers, though.

I think a lot of people realized how dope Erwin was in s2, me included, and I can't wait to see what s3 brings for him

Episode 1

Rainbow-ish sparkles and a Disney-like song in the opening? Wit pls. This is AoT, not Yuri on Ice.

Welp, I didn't expect to see the kill-count increase this fast in this episode :pokerface: Though that shot with the gunners in the air was terrific. I wonder how is Levi going to get away from that because he's pretty much surrounded.
Also poor Armin, getting molested by that dude. At least Mikasa went to the rescue and showed them who's boss.

Last edited:
ITS FINALLY OUT! ive been getting told like so many different dates on wen this would come out and they never did and then I read somewhere its coming out today and it actually did! lets goooo baby! xD

Ep1:
I adore the little glimpses into the childhood of all the characters, but damn, this is rather unusual for an AoT OP.
That ptsd filled eyes when Eren says how unhappy Levi will be that they carried in dirt.
Fuck, Eren's face got gored in that transformation.
A lot of government corruption and conspiracy.
Armin gets.. sexually molested..? Why though?
Great, the cowboy Kenny McFuckface. I already hate him.
It's not bad, but it feels like a diversion from the original main plot. And the heavy emphasis on guns this season means probably that it will stay a human on human fight and less titans this season.

They sure are rushing things. Ah well, that means we'll get to the interesting stuff sooner. Noice.

The OP's visuals are beautiful but the song is kinda eh. The scene with kid Eren and teenage Eren is super sad though ;_;. And given that it shows
Reiner and friends as kids and Erwin's dad I guess it's safe to say we're getting Shiganshina animated. Hell yeah!

Also,
kinda annoyed that they cut Historia explaining her backstory. That's the only real complaint I have. And Eren not remembering the Bert/Ymir convo when he first wakes up and instead having him remember it slightly later is very interesting but it probably means nothing.

Last edited:
Here's hoping the OP is a special season premiere OP, because I am less than impressed.

With the pacing of ep 1, though, I am unreasonably hopeful regarding how much the season will cover. They literally covered two of the four or five things I remember from this arc.

I have not seen the episode yet, but I have seen the OP because that's actually what I was looking forward to the most. And I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. It sounds like it belongs to a yaoi drama. It might be decent for the ED, but the OP? Nah.

The OP isn't my type of music, but it's thematic and beautiful. I appreciate that it's distinct from the previous OPs that were hype.

AoT was never my favorite anime, but since I don't follow the manga, I'm curious about where the plot is going.

Back