I'm here for the gay (the LGBTQ+ anime/manga discussion thread)

BL or GL?

• Total voters
Doukyuusei mostly fits the "no dubcon/rape" criteria (despite having one short scene involving a teacher coming on to a student).

I'm pretty much, seconding Doukyuusei, it's about as good as you're ever going to get, in terms of a nice, and consensual romance in this genre without really a whiff of either of those.

It's kinda disheartening that Doukyuusei is the only one truly free of dubcon and rape, because I definitely understand that it is not everyone's cup of tea.

But, as anime catches up (as I think it will soon... or at least I hope) we will get more anime and eventually everyone will find the anime for them.

I'm so far behind on current thoughts about LGBTQ.
I'm hearing about people adding more to the general group, people want to subtract some people because there is enough general understanding about what certain people are like.
Head hurts....

I'm so far behind on current thoughts about LGBTQ.
I'm hearing about people adding more to the general group, people want to subtract some people because there is enough general understanding about what certain people are like.
Head hurts....
It's because gender and sexuality are on a spectrum, not neat and clear cut categories. And plenty people within these often-victimized minorities are still bigots towards other minorities on the spectrum, unfortunately.
Then you can add in the myriad other angles to approach the topic from outside of these minorities, and you get even more of a clusterfuck, be they TERFs, religious fundamentalists or whatever other exclusionary views.
Then factor in those that are simply ignorant and it all gets even worse.

I'm happy as hell! thank you CSPAN! The wave is coming. Don't discount the next generation. You all will change the world for all of us!

Back