Daily Anime Marathon Club!

We finally convinced @XMrNiceguyX that we should do less marathons in the year. As it stands we run far too many of them and due to real life being a thing we eventually decided that running less of them would be a good idea. We are probably looking at 2 DAMC marathons and 2 DMMC marathons a year following this post (we had been talking about this for some time though).

We have come up with something that we can do in the meantime. Haiku (one of our members who frequents the AP chat) had mentioned that we could do a DAMC film nights of sorts. They would run twice a month (which we may reduce to once a month if that is too often) where we can get together on the Discord or IRC chat (mentioned in the main post) and watch something for a bit.
Tokyo Godfathers is down as our first, afterwards we are thinking of allowing people to make suggestions which we randomise using a number generator. Suggestions are to be made on this thread or on the IRC channel.

Would people be interested in such a thing? The first entry comes up officially tomorrow with a date to be set sometime during the week if enough people are interested.
This sounds like good fun, sign me up!

Ok looks like Sunday is our best day. In terms of what time, I was thinking somewhere around 10pm GMT.
Personally, I cannot do anything during the day as I will be out and won't be home until after 8pm (I can't guarantee a time).

Just a little reminder, while there is no set time for today, we can get together to watch Tokyo Godfathers at 10pm GMT. I personally can do earlier if an earlier time is preferable for everyone.

Sadly, I wasn't able to participate in the Sunday film fest this time, but am starting (although a tad late) the DMMC. Just finised the first entry, Shounen Princess - Putri Harimau Nao. I enjoyed it, even though it was a bit generic. The dual crossdressing was different though, and I wasn't wanting it to be over when it concluded. I wanted more! So, giving this a solid 3.5 rating. Posting this to DMMC as well...

We finally convinced @XMrNiceguyX that we should do less marathons in the year. As it stands we run far too many of them and due to real life being a thing we eventually decided that running less of them would be a good idea. We are probably looking at 2 DAMC marathons and 2 DMMC marathons a year following this post (we had been talking about this for some time though).

We have come up with something that we can do in the meantime. Haiku (one of our members who frequents the AP chat) had mentioned that we could do a DAMC film nights of sorts. They would run twice a month (which we may reduce to once a month if that is too often) where we can get together on the Discord or IRC chat (mentioned in the main post) and watch something for a bit.
Tokyo Godfathers is down as our first, afterwards we are thinking of allowing people to make suggestions which we randomise using a number generator. Suggestions are to be made on this thread or on the IRC channel.

Would people be interested in such a thing? The first entry comes up officially tomorrow with a date to be set sometime during the week if enough people are interested.
This sounds good to me. :)

Hello all! I am not quite back from the dead but thought I'd drop in and see how things were going. My Masters dissertation has been finished, submitted and graded and I PASSED! :banana: By the end of this month I will have also completed my other course then I may be relocating for a few months or so but I am looking to get back into the swing of things here.
Less marathons a year sounds groovy as simply put I am a case in point for having been too busy to participate this year. I have missed this club though so I am glad to see it is still going strong. :drinking:

Hello all! I am not quite back from the dead but thought I'd drop in and see how things were going. My Masters dissertation has been finished, submitted and graded and I PASSED! :banana: By the end of this month I will have also completed my other course then I may be relocating for a few months or so but I am looking to get back into the swing of things here.
Less marathons a year sounds groovy as simply put I am a case in point for having been too busy to participate this year. I have missed this club though so I am glad to see it is still going strong. :drinking:
Oh shi-- IT'S A ZOMBIE!

Welcome back from the (almost) dead, and congrats to your finished degree. I'll hopefully be finishing my masters degree next year (thesis work starting late January... which means marathons and thesis at the same time, as is tradition).

Good luck with that final course and I hope we get to see you in February (maybe, we haven't fully established when the next one is going to be yet) for the next marathon.

Oh shi-- IT'S A ZOMBIE!

Welcome back from the (almost) dead, and congrats to your finished degree. I'll hopefully be finishing my masters degree next year (thesis work starting late January... which means marathons and thesis at the same time, as is tradition).

Good luck with that final course and I hope we get to see you in February (maybe, we haven't fully established when the next one is going to be yet) for the next marathon.
Good luck with your thesis! I should be okay by February but we will see. I will try and remember to keep an eye on this thread to see whats going on in the mean time :D

There were some decent picks :D

With that in mind, let's get another announcement in.

The next DAMC will be held in FEBRUARY (1 feb - 3 march). You have until 15 JAN 2017 to get your suggestions in!

Rejoice!

:D

There were some decent picks :D

With that in mind, let's get another announcement in.

The next DAMC will be held in FEBRUARY (1 feb - 3 march). You have until 15 JAN 2017 to get your suggestions in!

Rejoice!

:D
I can't even nominate Mujaki no Rakuen anymore... what else can I nominate that can compare to ecchi, occasionally censored lolis with perverted acts against them done by a 25 year old man in a 10 year old's body?

Friendly reminder to everyone that's suggesting shows. This is not DTAB, please suggest something that's actually worthwhile to watch. Because right now everyone that has suggested shows has suggested 1/10 material... and only 1/10 material.

Friendly reminder to everyone that's suggesting shows. This is not DTAB, please suggest something that's actually worthwhile to watch. Because right now everyone that has suggested shows has suggested 1/10 material... and only 1/10 material.
maybe we should make a separate DTAB-marathon club :p

There are a lot of anime that fit into the club's criteria, but most of them suck balls. It's no surprise you're getting a lot of picks that look like crap. One off OVAs and short form anime don't have the best reputation or track record.

Usually I'm associated with "Not finishing shit" or "What a lazy fuck who never finishes shit" but since this starts in the new year, I can turn from "The guy who never finishes shit because he is a lazy bastard and will never finish Birdy" to "Thrawn finished Birdy! CELEBRATION WOOOOOOOOO".
btw, did you finish Birdy? :p

There are a lot of anime that fit into the club's criteria, but most of them suck balls. It's no surprise you're getting a lot of picks that look like crap. One off OVAs and short form anime don't have the best reputation or track record.
Well... we have a field for giving a motivation why we should pick a certain pick. And most of them were variations of "and you though *that* was boring, HAH!" and "This looks like shit, let's watch it".

So no, I'm not basing the idea that most of it looked crap on their synopsis, tags or similar... I'm basing it on the motivations that told me that they either know it's bad or that they think it looks bad. But hey, my post seems to have worked... we have some decent-looking ones now. :P

Back