Dragon Ball Super

Not on board at all seeing that my most recently watched, new DB thing gave me migraine, but I'll check out the comments out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Not sure what to expect of this... but I will definitely watch it.

I just saw the English Trailer for Resurrection F. Seems like Beerus and that are canon? So I wonder if Dragon Ball Super will include the ridiculous Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. Who the fuck came up with that name... @_@

I find it a bit weird that Toriyama condemned Super Saiyan 2 & 3, saying that Goku would likely never utilize them again and that his focus would be powering up his base form... but then they turn around and create this new Super Saiyan form... what happened to toning down the transformations?

I wouldn't think too hard about it and just roll with the cheesy fun. I just want big dumb speeches and some interesting opponents to battle. This is a continuation of a show a long time after it aired so I'm sure there will be some inconsistencies and the start will probably be rough because it has to set up the premise for new viewers and also please returning DB fans.

I wouldn't think too hard about it and just roll with the cheesy fun. I just want big dumb speeches and some interesting opponents to battle. This is a continuation of a show a long time after it aired so I'm sure there will be some inconsistencies and the start will probably be rough because it has to set up the premise for new viewers and also please returning DB fans.

Well, Toriyama nerfed Super Saiyan 2 & 3 after the Beerus movie, so that was a more recent announcement. Not like he said this 20 years ago when DBZ was ending.

Anyway, it's going to be weird watching Dragon Ball episode to episode now... for as long as I can remember I've pretty much had access to the whole series. I didn't have to wait and see how Goku would beat Frieza after transforming into a Super Saiyan, etc. It'll be an interesting experience.

I've been wondering about how it'll start too, so I'm eager for July 5th.

Well it can't be worse than GT, the only thing worse than GT is DB Evolution.
I just really hope they retcon the Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. I mean seriously even the acronym is stupid and long SSGSS or even worse SSJGSSJ:pokerface:

I mean the TFS guys said it. The first god form should have been simply called Saiyan God and the blue haired one should be Super Saiyan God.

Oh well just give me awesome fight+cool villains and I'l be satisfied. As long as they don't focus too much on the Beerus and Frieza fights, 'cus there's the movies for that already
Oh and the less we see of Mr. Satan the better.

I'm excited. I'm not expecting anime gold here, I just want to go into little kid mode and enjoy Dragon Ball shit again.

Hmm.

I'm not overly thrilled with the first two arcs being re-tellings of a movie i've seen, and a movie that i'm excited to see, but at least they won't be bad. Just a little repetitive. The actual new plot sounds fine to me though. It's been a hell of a long time, why not expand the universe more, throw a bunch of new characters at us and create a set of super sized dragonballs?

I'm not watching this for it to make awesome sense, or to tell an intricate plot. I want cool fights, weird characters, and no less than eleven episodes of powering up for each SSJ. That's all i ask.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the plot details. Although I didn't particularly care for Battle of Gods so that part might be a little annoying for me.

It's disappointing that they are retelling the most recent two movies.... they really don't need... just make the movies canon and say they precede Dragon Ball Super... ugh.

I should be glad that I haven't watched the recent movies, then. I was planning on watching them before starting Super, but I guess I won't have to watch them now. Sucks for anyone that has already seen those movies, since potentially 2/3 of the series will be a re-telling of something they've already seen.

Retelling the two films? That's a 'glorious' waste of time. Especially because Battle of the Gods was totes' lame.

I should be glad that I haven't watched the recent movies, then. I was planning on watching them before starting Super, but I guess I won't have to watch them now. Sucks for anyone that has already seen those movies, since potentially 2/3 of the series will be a re-telling of something they've already seen.

Recently read somewhere that the series will be going on for a couple of years, so just a couple of months out of that being used to redo the films for everyone who hasn't seen em is OK with me.

I mean, who doesnt want to see a drunk Vegita again, that was amazing. I enjoyed Battle of gods, brought back the sillyness I loved from DB

Recently read somewhere that the series will be going on for a couple of years, so just a couple of months out of that being used to redo the films for everyone who hasn't seen em is OK with me.

.....TBH, I don't know if I could handle Battle of Gods & Resurrection of F at more than a few episodes each...... like if Resurrection of F was as long as the original Frieza Saga.... I would die.

I mean, who doesnt want to see a drunk Vegita again, that was amazing. I enjoyed Battle of gods, brought back the sillyness I loved from DB

I liked Battle of Gods too, I found it to be one of the better films. Like, back when DBZ was popular and they were producing shit like "Return of Broly" and "Bio Broly" those movies were fucking awful. Battle of Gods was a refreshing reboot. I still intend to watch Resurrection of F when it gets dubbed.

.....TBH, I don't know if I could handle Battle of Gods & Resurrection of F at more than a few episodes each...... like if Resurrection of F was as long as the original Frieza Saga.... I would die.
The only reason why the Frieza arc was that long is because they had to stay behind the manga when it was in syndication. DBS won't have to deal with that.

Back