Game of Thrones

TV Stannis

has already lost what minimal support I could muster for him. Most of said support was based on hatred for the Boltons, but now that they're all pieces of shit on equal levels, I actually go along with the characters who despite being absolute scumbags are actually consistently written. TV Stannis lost all credibility after the shock value scene where Shireen is burned to death, and at this point there's nothing left for him. He should stay dead. Hell, I'll be really fucking annoyed if his is the only faked death in the finale because he deserves it the most, that Meryn scrub aside.

I agree, but that lack of confirmation has me worried he'll get a redemption arc. Hell if they wanted to just censor the actual execution they had the tree he was leaning against for line of sight and a simple blood splatter +head plop sound would have sufficed. Sure there is the sound of metal impacting something solid but whether the sword only hit the tree or actually cut off Stannis' head you'd still get that same sound.

I remember Melisandre wanting to burn Mance's baby, I'm guessing TV Shireen is the lucky lotto winner in D&D's script. Stannis can't have anything nice can he?

Meryn was the most satisfying death in the show to date bar Joffrey, although his uh... taste in females is purely a TV trait if I recall correctly. Not sure if that was even necessary to make Arya's first kill as an "assassin" to be justified but oh well.

Good news is we'll only have to wait 4 more years to find out how book Stannis screws the pooch. Him failing to take Winterfell always seemed like an eventuality to make room for Jon even in the books.

About the book, I think it might just go differently there, or at least not go down with such a crushing defeat. Martin often publishes individual chapters of the sixth book for fans to read, for whatever reason. I only read the first of those because I had just finished the fifth book and couldn't restrain myself, but any more than that would feel like spoiling the thing for me.

Anyway, here's just a rough idea based on the characters I remember in that chapter, so sixth book spoilers ahead I guess.
In it, I believe Stannis was holding Theon/Reek prisoner in some sort of old building, and interrogating him. Because I think Reek had fled in the previous book with one of the women accompanying Mance or something, I don't really know anymore. Anyway, Reek knows Winterfell just fine and by now should have a very good idea of how the Boltons' defenses and such are organized, so if book Stannis gets him to talk he might have something interesting to play with there in terms of weak spots, best time to strike, maybe even some sort of secret passage... I don't know.

So yeah, in the end I think things will go awry for him in the books as well because the series seems bent on spoiling the main plots of the books for us while providing something far inferior, but I guess we could have a more interesting confrontation before that happens.

Actually, comic sans makes sense in this context, it represents well what series did to the books...

The fact that I and most people had just vague feeling stuff was off in tv series but generally liked it (except 9th episode in last season, it was so bad... so so bad) means they are making good tv show. It would be super boring with all the plotlines from the books.

Actually, comic sans makes sense in this context, it represents well what series did to the books...

The fact that I and most people had just vague feeling stuff was off in tv series but generally liked it (except 9th episode in last season, it was so bad... so so bad) means they are making good tv show. It would be super boring with all the plotlines from the books.

Yeah I disagree. Seems to me they're making everything a lot worse by not following those plotlines. Sure, make composite characters so there aren't so many people, but it would be so simple for them to make certain plotlines better. At this point the show is just pandering to the "Oh Game of Thrones is a show where people die when you least expect!" And it's ruining what the few good things the show had going for it. It should only get worse from here on out considering they have to wrap this up in two seasons. It also makes the show look bad that it followed the books so closely early on, but now that it has diverged it isn't going to be able to tie up half the loose ends that it started with.

I'm convinced most of the big problems with the show stem from Benioff and weiss' ego. They have taken it upon themselves to become writers - of 'original' material - on top of directors, and they just are not up for the task. But the sad thing is they are not going to realize it, so the TV show will just keep on devolving into something worse.

Also the imgur pics Tae linked to are hilariously accurate, had a blast reading through them.

YIt should only get worse from here on out considering they have to wrap this up in two seasons.

They totally won't wrap it up in two seasons. Next two seasons will focus in 99% on Greyjoys.

I hope they will for tv show from books at this point, so books won't have to bend in order to accomodate damage made by tv show. Still, up until this season tv series were rather good.

Last I heard the greyjoys were supposed to occupy a spin-off series. I can't imagine them leaving all of their money makers out for two seasons of the actual show. David and Dan have also pretty explicitly said they'll end at season 7

Oh, ok. I'm not following auxillary data sources on that. Last time I checked Snow actor was contracted for 2 more seasons and next season cast were all greyjoys or new characters. Maybe it changed.

With all the changes going on in the forum I am bumping this thread so everyone knows it did not get deleted.

Here's the teaser for the new season.

I pretty much gave up on this show last season shortly after the
Dornish Adventures of Bronn and Jaime started. The terribly choreographed fight scenes were painful to watch,but the blatant filler nature of the entire thing was much worse. Bronn is great and they've got a great actor to play him, but he's only a minor character in the books and if this was their best idea for expanding on his role from the books then I have no interest in seeing the writers of this show's vision for the ending.

i picked GoT back up again this week after not watching for several weeks. Left off at episode 3 of season 5. I kinda got into it again, can't wait to get some free time to finish this season before the new one starts.

tbh I haven't noticed anything bad at all about this show at all during it's entire run.

So uhhhh...

...Season 6 Episode 1?

The episode was mostly set up, and left me unsatisfied, but not completely angry
I'm glad they jumped in straight where they left off last season, and we see that at this point Jon Snow is definitely dead. I say at this point because despite how the show has been with death in the past, it just seems certain to me that he'll be coming back. For me, Davos stole this episode, as he's usually the sole shining light in the darkness of this adaption recently, he continues to impress me.

The Sansa part was pretty good too, mainly because there was some feeling of catharsis with Brienne finally fucking finding a Stark child to protect, and she'll definitely do some pretty damn good protection, I'm hoping this is the turning point I was expecting at the end of Season 4.

Dorne can continue to eat shit.

There's an interesting juxtaposition in the story happening between Arya and Dany right now. At the end of last season, Arya, who was trying to become no one, proclaimed "I'm Arya Stark" as she killed Meryn Trant, as much as she tries to become no one, she'll always be Arya. Dany however in this episode, is trying to proclaim herself as Queen of Mereen, the Dothraki Sea, Westeros, but right now is essentially no one other than a widow. Whether you agree with the execution or not is a matter of opinion, but I like that the dynamic is happening at least. And I need to be happy about that, because the shit with the two dothraki talking about raping her felt pretty forced grimderpness, and the jokes with the Khal was also pretty dull and not really funny in the context it was happening.

Arya only had about 4 minutes of screentime and it was just her being blind and getting beaten up.

Tyrion had some token screen time.

Jaime and Cersei could potentially make Kings Landing interesting again, seems that they'll be going on a revenge spree against the Dornish and the Sparrows, so hopefully we get to see Robert Strong fuck some shit up.

Melisandre is a hag? What does it mean?
This definitely wasn't the best first episode the show has had before, but it was by far not the worst either.

What is up with speed pushing story forward? Writing seems super sloppy this season.

Good god this is atrocious.

The last episode has some good choreography but logic and this show are somewhere in the different plain of existence at this point.

I don't really like books that much either, but from a show that presented itself as a response to annoying fantasy conventions, this season is a punch in a gut.

Back