Daily Anime Thoughts

"Shabada!
Shabadadada~"

First entertaining thing In Yurikuma since... um... it's the first entertaining thing.
*edit*
I'm impressed. I didn't know the show could make the already uninteresting characters even flatter, and just as I thought it was about to do the opposite as well. Bravo.
hdx5G1b.jpg
Well my watching list just got lighter. Phew.

Surprised you lasted so long. After episode 2 I had to drop it. The crazy novelty ran out pretty quick, and aside from the insane amounts of metaphor, the show didn't have much going for it.

Surprised you lasted so long. After episode 2 I had to drop it. The crazy novelty ran out pretty quick, and aside from the insane amounts of metaphor, the show didn't have much going for it.

'twas not easy. The dry, repetitive, tedious dialogue constantly had me like
gZtsvEo.gif
But then juuuust as I was about to maybe give the next episode a chance, the show was like "there was absolutely never any reason you should ever have taken the relationship of these two particular characters seriously. They literally met like yesterday in the story before episode 1, but it's totes meaningful because lesbians."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAT:
Bwahaha, man, it's really freaking cool when you have an artist who is so good at both regular art and coloring that when he does a color page you almost think it's leaked anime visuals!
:love::laugh::love::laugh:

Last edited:
I still haven't watched the first season. Perfect excuse to start? :pokerface:

i was hyped for it before it came out since i didnt know anything bout the game but i was like, bishies, vampires? score!! then i think i managed 4 episodes before i had to ragequit. don't do it. it's not worth sacrificing your sanity for.

i'm surprised at how many people managed to sit through the whole thing, a little bit impressed and also scared. no one can live through that experience unchanged.

And what is it with Japanese producers that they green-light the most absurdly stupid shows, but not ones that have incredible stories?
Nothing. There's nothing wrong with them. It just sells.
I don't fault them in the least. The problem is the consumers.

Dat: Watched the first episode of from the new world. That was very creapy, there is a strong undercurrent of something wrong. Chilling. Sorta like the start of ergo proxy in that regard, but much more disturbing of a sort. Its, uncanny? No... dissonant? hmm...

not sure how describe the undertones. but yup, its a thriller.

That diabolik show looks... uninteresting. Though I guess being male cuts me out of the target audience.

Nothing. There's nothing wrong with them. It just sells.
I don't fault them in the least. The problem is the consumers.

Crap like Space Dandy and Diabolik Lovers gets more attention because they can cut production value for marketing expenses and get notice before release. In the case of DL it was a game before an anime so it already had a large audience, whereas other shows might be original ideas and struggle for various reasons, not that they're not good. You can blame the studio as much for failings on their side to promote their product successfully as you can the consumer for lacking brain cells.

Dat: Watched the first episode of from the new world. That was very creapy, there is a strong undercurrent of something wrong. Chilling. Sorta like the start of ergo proxy in that regard, but much more disturbing of a sort. Its, uncanny? No... dissonant? hmm...

not sure how describe the undertones. but yup, its a thriller.

That diabolik show looks... uninteresting. Though I guess being male cuts me out of the target audience.

Just finished the last episode of From the New World which I started watching yesterday.Don't let some of the slower parts discourage you.You are in for a treat.Easily one of the greatest shows in recent years.

Crap like Space Dandy and Diabolik Lovers gets more attention because they can cut production value for marketing expenses and get notice before release. In the case of DL it was a game before an anime so it already had a large audience, whereas other shows might be original ideas and struggle for various reasons, not that they're not good. You can blame the studio as much for failings on their side to promote their product successfully as you can the consumer for lacking brain cells.

It still comes back to the fact that consumers will buy it.
Only an idiot would dismiss something one can earn lots of money on when there's a demand to be filled, and I would not fault the studios for doing this when it earns money.

If rape and abuse is your thing as a woman, that's really only the audience that it's for. It promotes non-consenting intimacy, and male dominance and power play as desirable. The writing is terrible too, as it seems to suggest that getting abused long enough eventually turns into love, and that women have no agency of their own but to just accept the abuse.

It reduces the female protagonist to a toy for the men in the show. None of them consider her feelings and force their desires on her, despite her vocal protests. The impression I got from it was that women should just shut up and put out for men. I think if the guys were anything but vampires it would be received a whole lot differently, and arguments like "it's in their nature", don't excuse the blatant misogyny and the fact that they're monstrous people abusing a girl.

It still comes back to the fact that consumers will buy it.
Only an idiot would dismiss something one can earn lots of money on when there's a demand to be filled, and I would not fault the studios for doing this when it earns money.

Of course not, but then it's better to produce something good than to pile on the mound of crap media that exists. Money first is what is driving quality into the ground.

Why did I have to click that link and discover the Diabolik Wifebeaters has an English dub because then of course I was dumb enough to go have a listen to what that sounded like. Somehow they managed to make all the guys sound exactly the same.

I don't even know what they'd do with a second season since the first ended with Yui becoming everyone's slave. Like literally one of the last lines of dialogue is "now you're our slave forever."

Back