Level E

azanimefan

[sadht]Level E[/sadht][sadhl=3281]level-e[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

not bad. I'll definitely watch more at least... it caught my attention, might be a better first ep then Beelzebub... that anime could go either way. either be very good or very bad. but thus far it's pretty interesting.

Last edited:
I think the opening to Beelzebub was more fun, the premise has originality, and I think at only 12 eps, it can't go too wrong. But this feels like it's set up for a fall. The spots of wacky comedy makes it hard for me to take the alien stuff seriously. The animation's clunky (despite how glossy everything is put together), the concept design dull. And not to mention we've seen it all before in Men in Black.

I am not seeing this going in any original directions, do you?

I think the opening to Beelzebub was more fun, the premise has originality, and I think at only 12 eps, it can't go too wrong. But this feels like it's set up for a fall. The spots of wacky comedy makes it hard for me to take the alien stuff seriously. The animation's clunky (despite how glossy everything is put together), the concept design dull. And not to mention we've seen it all before in Men in Black.

I am not seeing this going in any original directions, do you?

i'm not comparing it to beelzebub and saying one will be a better anime. i just rather liked the first ep for this one. i agree with you. this one has the possibility to be a massive and complete disaster... or just be plain boring.

or it could be rather good.

I don't know where it is heading, but i'll give it a chance to get there because the first ep atleast was pretty interesting to me.

I actually like this quite a bit. It has an older feel to it, and the character designs remind me of Monster. Apparently this is an anime based on a 16 chapter manga from (1995 – 1997) so maybe the Men in Black (1997) comparison isn't totally off insofar as they are products of the same era. It makes sense to me why Az would like this, there's tons of aliens in the Southwestern United States :laugh:

I think it might be a little harsh to write this off right away. I really enjoyed the puppet show. I was worried at first this would take itself too seriously.

*goes to read the manga*

UPDATE:

The manga is 16 chapters long. The first episode followed the first chapter of the manga almost word for word. This is going to be really funny, actually. I just finished up the 3rd chapter, and if it continues the course laid out in the manga, we are in for a treat with this.

Last edited:
I liked the first episode. Most of the comedic scenes worked... at least for me. I think I'll give this a shot.

I really enjoyed the puppet show. I was worried at first this would take itself too seriously.

*goes to read the manga*

that puppet show was awesome... mostly because his argument in it sounds almost 100% like something i would say.. hell his whole behavior over the explosion is right down the line of how i would act in his shoes... it cracked me up.

ANOTHER Shonen Jump anime?!

Anyway, about the episode, it was enjoyable, it attempts to build intrigue, but I'm not really buying that part of it. I like the animation, though the puppet CGI (?) is strange, but otherwise it was amusing. Regardless, I'll keep this on my list of "Watching" anime; it's no Beelzebub in level of comedy, but it should be fun.

Overall I thought it was good. It had it's funny moments and I'm slightly interested in the series. But beyond that I have no real strong opinions about the show.

thought it was a good first episode. better than most i've seen so far this season that's for sure. great funny moments

that parrot creeps me out XD

thought it was a good first episode. better than most i've seen so far this season that's for sure. great funny moments

This one. If this stays on track, it should be pretty good. One of the better ep 1s this season. Should be good.

I wasn't going to watch it, but I heard good things at other sites. The first episode was good. I like this kind of animation. I think we need more of the more realistic style.

I'm interested to see the full direction this series takes, I do admit to liking it after only the first episode however.

The first episode wasn't bad, I think it was average or above average compared to other shows in this season. I thought the opening was quite cool so I was a bit disappointed at the end but I kinda liked it.

I just picked up this anime, and ive never heard anything or read a review about it so here goes. Aliens and some guy that looks like a girl. Oh the parody flying in this anime. Id be willing to watch this anime.

Episode 2:

Hahaha! This episode was great on the comedy front, especially the bit
with the corpse!
A laugh pretty much every minute. And I'm liking the developing mystery surrounding the main alien bishie (I still haven't learned his name) and how he's always a bit quirky and off-beat and somehow never tells the full truth. Suddenly, I like this more than Beelzebub and am now nurturing a small, fluttering hope that Level E will turn into a season winner.

Last edited:
Episode 2:

Hahaha! This episode was great on the comedy front, especially the bit
with the corpse!
A laugh pretty much every minute. And I'm liking the developing mystery surrounding the main alien bishie (I still haven't learned his name) and how he's always a bit quirky and off-beat and somehow never tells the full truth. Suddenly, I like this more than Beelzebub and am now nurturing a small, fluttering hope that Level E will turn into a season winner.

i'm with you on this... ep 2 was hilarious. this (to this point) is easily my favorite of the new season.

Yeah this is the only one of the new season I'm liking so far, mostly because of the main character's personality and unpredictable actions, not so much for the comedy which hasn't really appealed to me so far.

It's weird they are producing this anime this now. The manga is like 15 years old, and it follows the same story so far (I've only read a few chapters). Good stuff I say and easily in my top 3 so far this season.

Back