Spice and Wolf II

Quizap

Spice and Wolf II
Alt title: Okami to Koshinryo II

Synopsis, Screenshots, Reviews, Recommendations ~ Add Your Own Recommendations

Discuss individual episodes and first impressions of this anime here. Full reviews should be posted here. Forum rules and post guidelines can be found here.

I liked the first episode. Very nostalgic to the first season which I haven't seen in a long time. Some interesting things were brought up in it though that concerns me about Horo.
Like a flashback from Lawrence talking to his mom as a kid, they looked like refuges and he was asking her about what happened in Yoitsu, which is where Horo wants to go. That makes me believe that Lawrence is really from the North.

The OP was very nice, much better then the first season in regards to animation. I still prefer the song from the first season though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Spice and Wolf 2

Definitely brought back the whole feeling the previous season had. The mood the opening theme sets is slightly different from what the previous one did, but it's very fitting in it's own way.
And Horo is back with her way of doing things, ofcourse :D
Horo was just terrible against that young merchant :laugh:
Going to be one of those shows where the next episode can't come soon enough!

seriously...
i see she still is having the nightmare she had in the season 2 ova...

but i liked the first season op better, but this one is fine.

definitely going to follow this one through.

(btw: this got subbed fast... haruhi isn't even subbed yet, and it usually is subbed pretty fast on thursday...)

Last edited:

I have been waiting for the new season for ages and finally it has has begun. I enjoyed the first episode and hopefully the second season will be as great as the first season.

I don't like the opening as much as i liked the first seasons but that doesnt really matter.

I liked the first episode. Very nostalgic to the first season which I haven't seen in a long time. Some interesting things were brought up in it though that concerns me about Horo.
Like a flashback from Lawrence talking to his mom as a kid, they looked like refuges and he was asking her about what happened in Yoitsu, which is where Horo wants to go. That makes me believe that Lawrence is really from the North.

The OP was very nice, much better then the first season in regards to animation. I still prefer the song from the first season though.

Hmm... Concerning the spoiler:
I could have sworn he was overhearing someone talk about the town, since he appeared to be in bed in the flashback. But I could be wrong.

Does Horo sound a little different to anyone else? I mean, I still love Horo and Lawrence's interaction, but Horo's voice seems less imperious and higher pitched this season. I could be hearing things, though.

Though I did like the first season (for the most part), I haven't been anticipating the second season. I guess I wasn't looking forward to long, boring economic discussions. If they have significantly less of those types of conversations, then this show will be great. With that said, I thought this first episode was pretty good.

For some reason their noses started getting on my nerves. It's how they draw them from the side. The bottom of the nose isn't flat like they usually would be, but it declines at a pretty big angle. It's not a big deal. I just think it is weird that it didn't bother me until now.

Hmm... Concerning the spoiler:
I could have sworn he was overhearing someone talk about the town, since he appeared to be in bed in the flashback. But I could be wrong.

Does Horo sound a little different to anyone else? I mean, I still love Horo and Lawrence's interaction, but Horo's voice seems less imperious and higher pitched this season. I could be hearing things, though.

that was laurence as a little kid, with his mom talking to him. he heard about Horo's home town being destroyed. When you consider its been 20ish years since, the town might have been rebuilt in that time... and it could be another town by the same name. that's why i think he's not told her thus far.

her voice sounds the same to me. i just watched season one the other day too.

I don't think I could be happier with the first ep of the 2nd season.

I like the new OP they have. The song is ok...The 2nd season looks like it will be pretty interesting from the images shown.

Spice an Wolf sig time ^_^

The first ep was good indeed. I'll be looking foward to watching the rest of season two.

Horo with a hangover was hilarious.

For some reason their noses started getting on my nerves. It's how they draw them from the side. The bottom of the nose isn't flat like they usually would be, but it declines at a pretty big angle. It's not a big deal. I just think it is weird that it didn't bother me until now.

And yeah, it felt like her voice did sound a little higher pitched. It was the same personality, but the voice doesn't sound as arrogant as before. Also, was it jsut me, or was she a little more active than in season 1. She seemed a little childish.

Also, was it jsut me, or was she a little more active than in season 1. She seemed a little childish.
Could that be because Lawrence slowly learns how to respond to Horo better, how their relation is progressing and because they just finished some difficulties (at the end of S1).
I remember Horo being pretty lively in "carefree" episodes in S1 aswell, like the DVD special.

spice and wolf is a wonderful series. its the only series ive watched of which i can say: I enjoy(ed) every second!

beautiful. i want more :D

p.s. ep01 was awesome. one of the best episodes of spice and wolf. new studio did an awesome job on the animation. no noticeable difference on the style. its more like an improvement:
season1.jpg

season2r.jpg

Last edited:

Could that be because Lawrence slowly learns how to respond to Horo better, how their relation is progressing and because they just finished some difficulties (at the end of S1).
I remember Horo being pretty lively in "carefree" episodes in S1 aswell, like the DVD special.

She seemed to be constantly hitting, pushing, and shoving him. I'm not talking about how he responds to her.

She seemed to be constantly hitting, pushing, and shoving him. I'm not talking about how he responds to her.

They've gone to the next level, it's a physical thing Lawrence obviously seems to enjoy, the little masochist.

No i obviously joke.

Horo seemed like Horo to me, whatever she does, i'll continue to enjoy it.

ep 2 -

lots of setup... needed more horo... lol

still it was all good.

Everything always needs more Horo all the time. But yes. I am hoping that Horo and Lawrence can deal with this problem without requiring Horo to use wolf-mode. It would be a nice change for the series.

Back