Casshern Sins

Quizap

[sadht]Casshern Sins[/sadht][sadhl=2119]casshern-sins[/sadhl][sadhdc][/sadhdc]

Just finished Episode 3 and I really liked the way Friender and Casshern interacted. Akoes was really good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this based on the live action movie? I watched it a couple of years ago when it first came out, and wasn't massively impressed... it seemed to try to achieve too much in a short space of time.

H.

No. It is based off the older series that came out in the 80s(I think it was the 80s atleast). You should give this one a shot. Without saying to much about it I will say this, IT IS AWESOME. My favorite so far of the season.

I watched it for about 30 seconds. I couldn't overlook the stupid themesong, the ridiculous costume, and the somewhat dated looking animation.

No. It is based off the older series that came out in the 80s(I think it was the 80s atleast).

Seventies. Close enough.

I wasn't impressed by the movie either (only part of the franchise I've seen) and the opening for this title was just... huh? A series of stills unimaginatively arranged. I can't remember the last time I saw such a dull opener. Can't speak for the series itself. I like the design aesthetic, however. Dark, yet retro.

I watched it for about 30 seconds. I couldn't overlook the stupid themesong, the ridiculous costume, and the somewhat dated looking animation.

Well it is supposed to be retro. That's why it looks like a 70's show, just with WAY better animation. That's why he is in that sleek costume with that huge collar and the reason the robots look the way they do.

Really, you stopped watching a show because of the op?

Also, I really like the op. A lot better than most of the shows out.

I actually dislike most ops so that doesn't usually deter me. But it just was a combination of all my mentioned above factors that made me drop it.
My loss, I guess.

It's a shame. It is a VERY good series. episode one was good, episode 2 was great, i am about to watch episode 3 right now. You should really try it again.

Loving this series so far, haven´t seen the 3rd episode but going to watch it today.
I love the battles (particularly brutal animation on it, Cassehern is extremely vicious, seems he´s disemboweling the robots) the visual animation and the post-apocalyptic world it´s setting (Madhouse has done it again!!!!) and love the themes and the characterization of the characters. Without a doubt one of the best animes of the year (although i haven´t saw that many of them either ehehehe).

Episode 4 was excellent. Best one yet. It really brings you down to Casshern's level of sentiment and Sophita is awesome!

It's definitely getting better and better. But where's Friender?

I guess it's probably just a flashback.

Yeah, I was wondering were he was. Man, this show is awesome. It is neck and neck with Kurozuka for best show of the season for me.

Very interesting fifth episode. A few mysteries are about to be revealed, and above all: Friender's back!

This show has got to be one of my favorite shows this season so far, along with a couple other. So far the story is very shrouded in mystery and has been keeping my glued to it. It's definitely not an anime like any others I've seen before. Can't wait for ep 7!

I've been super glued to this series. It really pulls you in. I miss sophita D: !!!

Friender seems to be keeping his distance only to pop in form time to time to save someone Casshern is about to kill that he wouldn't normally. good dog :o!

Spoiler has to do with something from the previous Casshan OVA in regards to the current series. If you haven't seen it I guess you might be lost if you read it, but certainly confused. But just wow... seeing that OVA brought up so many questions to this series.

Ok so like... Luna was his lover in Casshan: Robot Hunter. Wtf, why'd he kill her? I'm very confused I'm dying to know why he killed Luna. ;-; You don't kill your woman like that without a reason D: !! It's fairly apparent he has lost his memories but if he gets them back wow... just wow... what an insane amount of regret he will have and an intense sorrow. I am so looking forward to this. He also doesn't seem to remember his faithful mut Friender. I wonder if Friender remembers him.... Unless this series is unattached somehow, but they referenced Black King boss. aw man, if this is attached to the ova it will be epic. If not it's still crazy awesome.

Last edited:
In regards to your spoiler, know that the story has been completely changed and is only based off the older serie and OAV. This is no continuation in any way. Just a dark, modern and sinister approach to the Casshern myth. That's why we all prefer it. ;)

In regards to your spoiler, know that the story has been completely changed and is only based off the older serie and OAV. This is no continuation in any way. Just a dark, modern and sinister approach to the Casshern myth. That's why we all prefer it. ;)

Ah, that would be so awesome storyline wise if it was continued off of the OVA. :love:

Good to know in any case. :sweat:

Back