How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom: Part II

Yay, so not hyped about getting a season 2. Sure, interesting concept, and I don't know if it's just a bad adaptation or the LN is the same, but season 1 was pretty mediocre. I would like to know more about the "technical stuff" about running a nation, I don't think having a cooking show and a talent show is all that's needed. Animation was bad, if it good in the beginning, I can't remember.

If someone know if the LN is good, like not decent but good, let me know.

Yay, so not hyped about getting a season 2. Sure, interesting concept, and I don't know if it's just a bad adaptation or the LN is the same, but season 1 was pretty mediocre. I would like to know more about the "technical stuff" about running a nation, I don't think having a cooking show and a talent show is all that's needed. Animation was bad, if it good in the beginning, I can't remember.

Light Novels go into a lot more detail for sure, but as far as adaptation goes its quite faithful. The series is a more of slow burn that continually builds upon itself. I personally like the series a lot, but the nature of this story suits a novel more then a tv show. I can't emphasize enough how important the base line established in the beginning is important to later stuff in the series. Not to mention this series has one of the best and most fleshed out worlds in regards to a geopolitical landscape. Though that doesn't always make for the most engaging watch unless you really like that sort of thing.

i agree. this show was kinda dull for me. 0 interest in a season 2.

Watched the first season so I might as well watch the second one.
Judging by the first episode, they didn't learn at all from the first season. Its quite literally the same dull cheap anime it was before. Lazy animation, terrible pacing with constant nonsensical filler and dull character interactions.

If you liked the first season, great, you'll probably like this season as well, but if you just wanted to give this show a second chance, hoping things will be better this time around, then don't bother.

To be blunt, the first season was between OK and great. But this season IMO is less than OK. Like most ep is just pure talking and you can skip over it with still understanding for the most part what is going on.

This would've been better in another time where we don't already have 2 or 3 shows airing at the same time that are like this.

this season is a big improvement over season 1 imo. season 1 had a lot of promisein terms of being an actually intelligent isekai that's focused on the politics and strategy behind running a country but ended up not really having either of those things in any meaningful quantity. this season is doing a much better job with that but the awful animation and some of the cringe moments like at the end of this ep (5) really bring it down

Would love to actually follow through on some of the conversation but it sucks that the anime simplified them. LN is the way to go to have the full experience. Watching it though for the cute expressions
FLLVv4bWYAIh_QN

Pogchamp Aisha

Ep 6 - what kind of an outfit and voice acting was that??? This anime which all the way stressed the "realistic" part now turns straight into a circus for retarded kids.
Such an irony, a "researcher" who explains the science behind "magic" of things is represented like an epitome of the unrealistically fake and dumb anime "genius" trope - a frigging teenager living in sci-fi bunker, wearing shorts and 5 sizes oversized labcoat, named Genia (for reals??), and speaking like a mentally challenged person. Yay.
-1,5 rating score from me for this unspeakably trash character alone.

Last edited:
It's really unfortunate.

With better art and a far more talented humorist on the writing staff this could actually have been a mediocre anime.

I generally really like this show, but fuck this episode

Hey, Japanese writers:

SLAVERY IS FUCKING WRONG, AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD SLAVE OWNER. PUTTING A DISCLAIMER ABOUT SLAVERY BEING WRONG AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE DOESN'T GIVE YOU A FREE PASS FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

If this little fucker they introduce in this episode was actually a good guy, he would have freed all the slaves the second he inherited them, not just tried to teach them skills so they would supposedly be treated better when he fucking sold them.

The king spouting bullshit about a civil war starting if he abolished it was such a shity writing excuse, he single-handedly saved the damn Kingdom and merged two of kingdoms together, people would get over it, especially since he's already shown he'll kill Nobles who aren't loyal in the past.

Apparently the Trope is not that uncommon in isekai, but I've seen a fair amount of them at this point and I don't recall anyone else having fucking slavery. Maybe it's because I stay away from the grossser looking examples of the genre, I don't know. But this was a real fucking shock, you can tell everyone involved with this fucking shit had no idea the gravity of what they were talking about, and at some point I don't think you have to have a country with a large history of the practice to know that slavery is bad and to not treat the topic like this.

This basically came out of nowhere, there was one earlier example of a captured Soldier being declared a slave but they could almost be written off as the way the King was keeping her from getting executed. But they just jumped all in with this episode, with the fucking slave owner being the main focus of the episode and the normal main characters only showing up for about 3 minutes.

This show is going to have to do something really big and impressive to not lose about three stars for this bullshit. I'm kind of experiencing the sunk cost fallacy right now, so I'll still probably finish the season, but I will not be watching any potential season 3 unless this really turns around, which I don't think it will.

I'm really glad I discovered Konosuba recently, so I can watch some good isekai to wash the taste of this out of my mouth.

I know its supposed to be a different culture but how is this dude from the modern world like "hey, you two who only know each other and aren't in a relationship, get married???" and how are they okay with that?! Maybe this is the weirdest thing to take issue with but wtf...

I generally really like this show, but fuck this episode

Hey, Japanese writers:

SLAVERY IS FUCKING WRONG, AND THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A GOOD SLAVE OWNER. PUTTING A DISCLAIMER ABOUT SLAVERY BEING WRONG AT THE BEGINNING OF THE EPISODE DOESN'T GIVE YOU A FREE PASS FOR THIS BULLSHIT.

If this little fucker they introduce in this episode was actually a good guy, he would have freed all the slaves the second he inherited them, not just tried to teach them skills so they would supposedly be treated better when he fucking sold them.

The king spouting bullshit about a civil war starting if he abolished it was such a shity writing excuse, he single-handedly saved the damn Kingdom and merged two of kingdoms together, people would get over it, especially since he's already shown he'll kill Nobles who aren't loyal in the past.

Apparently the Trope is not that uncommon in isekai, but I've seen a fair amount of them at this point and I don't recall anyone else having fucking slavery. Maybe it's because I stay away from the grossser looking examples of the genre, I don't know. But this was a real fucking shock, you can tell everyone involved with this fucking shit had no idea the gravity of what they were talking about, and at some point I don't think you have to have a country with a large history of the practice to know that slavery is bad and to not treat the topic like this.

This basically came out of nowhere, there was one earlier example of a captured Soldier being declared a slave but they could almost be written off as the way the King was keeping her from getting executed. But they just jumped all in with this episode, with the fucking slave owner being the main focus of the episode and the normal main characters only showing up for about 3 minutes.

This show is going to have to do something really big and impressive to not lose about three stars for this bullshit. I'm kind of experiencing the sunk cost fallacy right now, so I'll still probably finish the season, but I will not be watching any potential season 3 unless this really turns around, which I don't think it will.

I'm really glad I discovered Konosuba recently, so I can watch some good isekai to wash the taste of this out of my mouth.
Have you never watched Rising of the Shield Hero? There's a lot of shows that touch on that subject in medieval-fantasy themes.

Have you never watched Rising of the Shield Hero? There's a lot of shows that touch on that subject in medieval-fantasy themes.

That doesn't make it right, it just means that certain writers in Japan are idiots and make no effort to change that. Also, I heard about the main problem with Shield Hero before I wasted any time on it, luckily for me. I wasn't aware that the false rape accusation shit in Shield Hero was only the tip of the iceberg, but I'm not surprised it branched out to other horrific crap.

As for the show overall, they followed up the spoilered thing with some weird and problematic stuff about refugees, which also included native american trope characters, because of course it did. Then, the ending had some really idiotic reveals (which were, luckily, just idiotic). This show, to me, was trash, and I'm glad I'll never have to watch another second of it. Probably the biggest anime disappointment from a decent Season 1 to a horrendous Season 2 that I've watched, at least so far.

Kazuya and Liscia are one of the cutest couples I've seen yet in Anime. I don't care about this series' politics and economics, I just need more of them together being cute.

Still had the same problems as the first. Poor use of characters and pacing problems at times. That being said i do think they improved the two MC's and i do like there relationship. I wish it would just focus on those two and forget the harem.

I figure my complaints would probably be fixed in the LN as it does just feel like they are cutting a lot of stuff.

Was better then S1 and would still watch a S3

3.5/5

That doesn't make it right, it just means that certain writers in Japan are idiots and make no effort to change that. Also, I heard about the main problem with Shield Hero before I wasted any time on it, luckily for me. I wasn't aware that the false rape accusation shit in Shield Hero was only the tip of the iceberg, but I'm not surprised it branched out to other horrific crap.

As for the show overall, they followed up the spoilered thing with some weird and problematic stuff about refugees, which also included native american trope characters, because of course it did. Then, the ending had some really idiotic reveals (which were, luckily, just idiotic). This show, to me, was trash, and I'm glad I'll never have to watch another second of it. Probably the biggest anime disappointment from a decent Season 1 to a horrendous Season 2 that I've watched, at least so far.
This season may look lacklustre to you but the light novel is very big and still continued... If you look at Big picture, this season was important. If you read story ahead you will understand that.
This novel is not focused on action nor it focused on only one person... It's more like history of a Souma not as a person but as a king and his kingdom.

Still had the same problems as the first. Poor use of characters and pacing problems at times. That being said i do think they improved the two MC's and i do like there relationship. I wish it would just focus on those two and forget the harem.

I figure my complaints would probably be fixed in the LN as it does just feel like they are cutting a lot of stuff.

Was better then S1 and would still watch a S3

3.5/5
Yes. Light novel is more perfect than Anime cause time constraints. Novel is more descriptive but Anime is also very good. This story is less personal action but more into kingdom building.
The more you read it, it is getting better.

Back