My Dress-Up Darling

My heart almost gave in during episode 11. This is a tough order.

Screenshot_1234.png

Screenshot_1222.png

Screenshot_1224.png

Screenshot_1226.png

Screenshot_1230.png

Screenshot_1198.png

Screenshot_1206.png

Screenshot_1242.png

Screenshot_1250.png

Screenshot_1253.png

Screenshot_1276.png

Screenshot_1245.png
Screenshot_1217.png

Screenshot_1213.png

Screenshot_1215.png

Screenshot_1218.png

Screenshot_1380.png

Screenshot_1379.png
Screenshot_1237.png

Screenshot_1239.png

Screenshot_1247.png

Screenshot_1254.png

Screenshot_1256.png
Screenshot_1219.png

Screenshot_1273.png
Screenshot_1257.png

Screenshot_1260.png

Screenshot_1263.png

Screenshot_1264.png

Screenshot_1282.png

Screenshot_1283.png

Screenshot_1284.png

Screenshot_1288.png

Screenshot_1304.png

Screenshot_1292.png

Screenshot_1293.png

Screenshot_1296.png

Screenshot_1298.png

Screenshot_1301.png
Screenshot_1315.png

Screenshot_1305.png

Screenshot_1306.png

Screenshot_1307.png

Screenshot_1308.png

Screenshot_1310.png

Screenshot_1311.png

Screenshot_1312.png

Screenshot_1314.png

Screenshot_1320.png

Screenshot_1336.png

Been a while since I enjoyed a show this much, it is a delight. Being an anime this could take years but one has to wonder, will Marin confess her feelings? Wakana would never in a million years even consider that Marin might like him so it is entirely up to her.

Episode 11.
Some animator out there can now put
"Animated Gojo's boner" on his resume. That's funny to me. Oh, that was a hoot and a half. I was wondering how long it was gonna take Dumb and Dumber to remember they were in a no-tell motel when he told her to hop on, and then it happened and I just about died laughing over here.

Good stuff.

no you cant end its too early I NEED MORE.
God i loved this a whole lot, their relationship and just the characters in general. Not to mention i have the softest spot for absolutely everything Marin is, and will likely remember her for a long time and not just as "the seasonal best girl of winder 2022" lol
I swear i almost got diabetes from that phone call to end the episode. GOD THEYRE CUTE.

Safe to say im hopping over to the manga. But like many other people, I pray for season 2.
20220326_150655.png

god shes cute. Have i said that enough? Because i want to make it really clear.

Wish most romance series were like this one, showing how the main characters do stuff together and have cute moments, instead of teasing the audience.
10/10 Now gotta read the manga to see how it follows.

final......

I don't like how they just acted like the events of the previous episode didn't take place, internally OR externally, it's basically like it happened in an alternate timeline.

Also the ending wasn't fulfilling, it's manga bait, which a lot of people seem to like, but not me..

everything else was great though 4/5

which a lot of people seem to like, but not me..
I don't "like" manga bait... but damn i will be a victim to it, this show has been too good to me, though my rule of thumb with manga is to wait it out a few months to see if anything of a second show is announced before starting, if not then i get reading.

Anyways, episode 12
That ending was adorable, despite knowing she would confess when he fell asleep, just seeing that huge grin as she did it made it so much better than i expected. Heck, the setup of just wanting to hear his voice to calm her down was so good and well played, her watching the horror movie is a perfect setup without it having to feel romantic on his end. But man i loved it, the simple things like him trying to stay awake and slowly drifting off as she speaks... it's just so loveable.
Weirdly she never took the opportunity at the fireworks, the way he was staring at her clearly was more than just a glance but whatever.

Such a good couple and such well written characters, I honestly haven't enjoyed a couple this much in so long, not to say others are bad or anything but these two have so much chemistry that it's hard not to love them. I also love they skip the pointless stuff, no triangles, no harems, no drama of getting jealous or nothing, just a guy making a cosplay outfit for his (girl)friend and her holding a mega crush on said guy. I liked the fact their both a bit geeky too, other than being relatable to most viewers in one way or another, i think it adds a bit of charm to them both.

What a show, will certainly miss this one next season. Easily AotS and easily 5/5.
As others say, this is one going to the top of my wishlist for a second season, but I will likely pick its manga up when a bit more of its manga makes it to the west (I love collecting this stuff), volume 5 is out near the end of April so maybe will wait until June or so (vol 6 is August) before getting into it.

This was great overall. Cloverworks went above and beyond with this adaptation.

I figured they'll end the season with chapter 39 since it's such a good stopping point and while I do love to see a second season I do wonder if there are enough chapters to cover one cour. I think we have to wait a while for season two.

A solid 4 out of 5.

I don't "like" manga bait... but damn i will be a victim to it, this show has been too good to me, though my rule of thumb with manga is to wait it out a few months to see if anything of a second show is announced before starting, if not then i get reading.

Anyways, episode 12
That ending was adorable, despite knowing she would confess when he fell asleep, just seeing that huge grin as she did it made it so much better than i expected. Heck, the setup of just wanting to hear his voice to calm her down was so good and well played, her watching the horror movie is a perfect setup without it having to feel romantic on his end. But man i loved it, the simple things like him trying to stay awake and slowly drifting off as she speaks... it's just so loveable.
Weirdly she never took the opportunity at the fireworks, the way he was staring at her clearly was more than just a glance but whatever.

Such a good couple and such well written characters, I honestly haven't enjoyed a couple this much in so long, not to say others are bad or anything but these two have so much chemistry that it's hard not to love them. I also love they skip the pointless stuff, no triangles, no harems, no drama of getting jealous or nothing, just a guy making a cosplay outfit for his (girl)friend and her holding a mega crush on said guy. I liked the fact their both a bit geeky too, other than being relatable to most viewers in one way or another, i think it adds a bit of charm to them both.

What a show, will certainly miss this one next season. Easily AotS and easily 5/5.
As others say, this is one going to the top of my wishlist for a second season, but I will likely pick its manga up when a bit more of its manga makes it to the west (I love collecting this stuff), volume 5 is out near the end of April so maybe will wait until June or so (vol 6 is August) before getting into it.
I'm actually really glad it didn't end up with the typical
firework confession trope
I hope it gets a second season. In the mean time I'm definitely gonna start the manga.

From Episode 1 I was hooked. From episode 3 I couldn't get enough. After episode 12 I feel fulfilled and empty at the same time.
I am not doing well, and this was one of the few things that could actually lift my psyche. Bless this Anime.
This is Anime of the season material, maybe even Anime of the year. 5/5; 10/10. Prime golden star.

Screenshot_1385.png

Screenshot_1389.png

Screenshot_1420.png

Screenshot_1444.png

Screenshot_1475.png
Screenshot_1402.png

Screenshot_1405.png

Screenshot_1481.png

Screenshot_1484.png

Screenshot_1486.png
Screenshot_1391.png

Screenshot_1395.png

Screenshot_1425.png

Screenshot_1431.png
Screenshot_1441.png

Screenshot_1442.png

Screenshot_1437.png

Screenshot_1458.png

Screenshot_1446.png

Screenshot_1450.png

Screenshot_1451.png
Screenshot_1468.png

Screenshot_1473.png

Screenshot_1474.png

Screenshot_1502.png
Screenshot_1503.png

Thank you Cloverworks for My Dress-Up Darling. I'm hoping with all my strength for season 2.

I was honestly expecting a generic plot with a bit too much teasing or fanservice. Instead, it turned out to be a pleasant surprise that I could look forward to each week. It's great to see a pair of polar opposites who end up complementing each other perfectly. Everything is adorable, from the unexpected compliments to the hilarious situations the couple find themselves in. It's amazing how the show blends so much fanservice with so much wholesomeness. Definitely blew my expectations away :)

Last edited:
Back