Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT:
I almost had a fucking heart attack when I saw this update. A fucking Hoshi no Samidare anime of all things. I was prepared to let this one go but it seems the universe is a more forgiving place than I imagined.

https://hoshinosamidare.jp
https://mobile.twitter.com/nekogaeru/status/1485492580603559937
1zmL9PO.gif

I THINK I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE FROM ALL THE HYPE, THIS HAS MADE MY ENTIRE YEAR. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY DREAM IS FINALLY COMING TRUE! MIZUKAMI SUPREMACY!

*passes out from all the screaming*

@Taek GET YOUR ASS IN HERE RIGHT NOW BUDDY AND CELEBRATE WITH THE REST OF US.

DAT:
I almost had a fucking heart attack when I saw this update. A fucking Hoshi no Samidare anime of all things. I was prepared to let this one go but it seems the universe is a more forgiving place than I imagined.

Oh my god... IS THIS REAL

Holy fucking shit @UniversalParanoia1 IT'S HAPPENING OH MY GOD

1zmL9PO.gif

I THINK I'M GONNA FUCKING DIE FROM ALL THE HYPE, THIS HAS MADE MY ENTIRE YEAR. I NEVER THOUGHT THIS WOULD HAPPEN.
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY DREAM IS FINALLY COMING TRUE! MIZUKAMI SUPREMACY!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Let's go!

But what studio? I'm waiting for that before I get actually excited. With a summer 2022 release date I sure hope it isn't rushed out with little to no animation.

Anime industry you son of a bitch, I thought I was gonna have to read a manga for a minute there. I think I read like two chapters of that before I decided it would be 100 times better animated.

@UniversalParanoia1 is going to bust a gut.

1zmL9PO.gif

Man what a time to be alive. First I get to look forward to the Shenmue anime in early Feburary and now this??? Holy fucking shit this has made my night.

I should try to get around to reading other Mizukami series too when I get the chance.

DAT:

Heard about this for years and though I still only have a very vague idea what it's about, I'm glad to see when completed older manga get adaptations - I know it's not the most 'profitable' thing, but sure is the most narratively satisfying.

i'll give it a watch, even though I still have no idea what it's about except for a biscuit hammer

Heard about this for years and though I still only have a very vague idea what it's about, I'm glad to see when completed older manga get adaptations - I know it's not the most 'profitable' thing, but sure is the most narratively satisfying.

i'll give it a watch, even though I still have no idea what it's about except for a biscuit hammer

I think you'd honestly enjoy Mizukami's writing a lot, he's so good with twisting and subverting expectations and tropes to me with his impeccably tight plotting of weaving everything together. There's a certain level of self-awareness. Biscuit hammer revolves around anti-hero protagonists, which I always find the more villainous angle interesting and it's a very character driven narrative under a quirky and surreal veneer. I personally think you'd especially love Yuuhi, who's a depressed edgy guy dealing with some internal trauma and is pretty atypical as an mc from what you'd expect in a battle shounen kind of story.

Last edited:
DAT:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
I BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 5 MINS WITH MY MOUTH WIDE OPEN WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. THIS ISNT HAPPENING, THIS ISNT REAL, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. IM GONNA BRO IM REALLY GONNA DO IT. IM GONNA HOLD MY ONE COPY I HAVE OF THIS MANGA SINCE ITS SO EXPENSIVE AND CRY! I NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS THIS WOULD EVER HAPPEN

:crying::crying::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Excuse me while I pass out. This is officially the best year of my life.
I'm honestly finding it an absolutely WILD coincidence, Universal mentioned biscuit hammer not too long ago like literally last week to someone, and BOOM anime adaptation. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
IT REALLY FUCKING CAME THROUGH FOR ME MAN, IT REALLY FUCKING DID. Now excuse me while I go cry some more, this is literally the best day ever

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Let's go!

But what studio? I'm waiting for that before I get actually excited. With a summer 2022 release date I sure hope it isn't rushed out with little to no animation.

Anime industry you son of a bitch, I thought I was gonna have to read a manga for a minute there. I think I read like two chapters of that before I decided it would be 100 times better animated.

@UniversalParanoia1 is going to bust a gut.
MY GUTS ARE GONE, ONLY BISCUIT HAMMER
Oh my god... IS THIS REAL

Holy fucking shit @UniversalParanoia1 IT'S HAPPENING OH MY GOD
YOU BETTER FUCKING BELIEVE IT DUDE!

I'm honestly finding it an absolutely WILD coincidence, Universal mentioned biscuit hammer not too long ago like literally last week to someone, and BOOM anime adaptation. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Hello, hello, I am that someone!

I'm genuinely astonished. This is crazy. I just thought, you know, I'll check the forum threads before I start working today, and I suddenly get hit by y'all getting super hyped up! And, like, jeez I wish I could be as excited about this as the rest of you guys, but I only got properly introduced to this series last week!

I'm going to keep reading the manga, because I am quite enjoying it! Hopefully I'll finish it before the anime starts airing.

@UniversalParanoia1 THANK YOU!!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
I BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 5 MINS WITH MY MOUTH WIDE OPEN WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK. THIS ISNT HAPPENING, THIS ISNT REAL, WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL. IM GONNA BRO IM REALLY GONNA DO IT. IM GONNA HOLD MY ONE COPY I HAVE OF THIS MANGA SINCE ITS SO EXPENSIVE AND CRY! I NEVER THOUGHT IN A MILLION YEARS THIS WOULD EVER HAPPEN

:crying::crying::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

IT REALLY FUCKING CAME THROUGH FOR ME MAN, IT REALLY FUCKING DID. Now excuse me while I go cry some more, this is literally the best day ever

Now all we need is confirmation of a Pillows soundtrack or at least maybe a song of theirs as the OP but I'll be fine even if it doesn't have that. I'm just happy this even exists!

Hello, hello, I am that someone!

I'm genuinely astonished. This is crazy. I just thought, you know, I'll check the forum threads before I start working today, and I suddenly get hit by y'all getting super hyped up! And, like, jeez I wish I could be as excited about this as the rest of you guys, but I only got properly introduced to this series last week!

I'm going to keep reading the manga, because I am quite enjoying it! Hopefully I'll finish it before the anime starts airing.

@UniversalParanoia1 THANK YOU!!
I read the manga myself about... 4 years ago? Some time in 2018. This would actually make it the second anime I've watched where I've read the source material prior to airing (the other being Tower of God).

Summer 2022 needs to get here faster....

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:

I'll be upset if it isn't done right but with that visual and how much cult expectation is on it, I sure hope it will be. The director is totally unknown to me.

:balloon::balloon::balloon::balloon:

I'll be upset if it isn't done right but with that visual and how much cult expectation is on it, I sure hope it will be. The director is totally unknown to me.
Man has big expectations from me, but it’s a bit hard to mess up too much as long as you listen to the audience. I hope he does me proud, he has large shoes to fill but I hope he proves himself and puts his all into this. I’m sure with the author helping him (since the author will be there to help I’m pretty sure) I’m sure it’ll be okay and I hope he exceeds my expectations.

DAT: Had a talk with the other members of my university's anime society today, and we decided which anime we're going to be screening over the course of the semester. It's going to be The Ancient Magus' Bride, Link Click, Kino's Journey, Humanity has Declined, and ACCA: 13-Territory Inspection Dept.

Should be good fun. Ancient Magus' Bride is one of my first favourites, and I've been wanting to watch Kino's Journey for a while.

Might post my thoughts on these shows here in the forum.

DAT

If I had a nickel for every time I said "boy i sure do love this androgynous blue haired male anime character who has a red haired male counterpart in this anime" I'd have two nickels, which isn't a lot but it's weird that it happened twice

1206728.png

Maybe it's time for a new joke custom list

Back