The Genius Prince's Guide To Raising a Nation Out of Debt

200w.gif

Episode 1:

I'm not really into this whole fantasy political anime thing but I decided to give this a shot. The first episode is kinda...eh. I guess the series running gag will be the prince trying to mess up on purpose or something but always get the opposite result and drive himself into some corner. I could see the show running that into the ground. I'll give it three episodes as usual.

Last edited:
That has got to be the worst anime OP I’ve seen in a while. Pretty much every shot is a close-up of a person’s face either talking or staying still. It also looks like close to 100% of the shots are taken from the actual show and not made for the intro.

The show says the protagonist is lazy but they're learned enough to exposition dump, spoken enough to make speeches, clever enough to do politics, and good at commanding an army so they're doing a very bad job of showing it. Kind've defeats the premise. Just making a snarky remark after doing a job well doesn't make him seem lazy.

Last edited:
Episode 1 got pretty drowsy for me to continue like I just found the story to be bleak but the girls look adorable tho!

Episode 2:

I guess you're automatically a genius prince if your enemies are dumb as a bag of bricks and can't do basic warfare right and are also cartoonishly evil. Still, this is still an entertaining watch though I hope he struggles a bit in later episodes. One-sided fights get boring fast.

Episode 2.
Dang.
I thought he was just gonna be "Lol, goofy protagonist wants to lose" guy. But he's kind of stone cold. They insult his waifu, and he sends him a dude's head before cutting the general in half. Homeboy ain't nothing to fuck with.

After watching the second episode the series is bit more enjoyable "realist kingdom" anime.

I've incredibly impressed by how they've managed to use things like the army-models as props to effectively (presumably) cut down on more expensive animation.

I hear this is fast paced compared to the light novels, but its pace it something I've enjoyed a lot.

I've incredibly impressed by how they've managed to use things like the army-models as props to effectively (presumably) cut down on more expensive animation.
Yeah, I like that too. A unique way to do things instead of your typical cheap looking army of identical CG mooks.

Back