Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: I am sooo disappointed with Takt Op. Destiny, I came in expecting music and beautiful OST came out with only mafumafu opening that I only remember the first 10seconds of. I shouldn't have put my expectation up for music since Vivy had executed it much better.
I couldn't even stand the characters.
I am just grumbling since it was so boring plot wise too.

My week is ruined and my disappointment is immeasurable, took me a whole week to finish it.

Me: *Gets slightly interested in anime again*
HBO: Hey, anime is cool and all, but how about you watch a TV show costarring John Cena's bulge instead?
lS6eAx7.gif

Well, shit. Guess there's always next season.

Last edited:
From that BL/exorcism show from last year:

internet-folklore-1.jpg

internet-folklore-2.jpg

It's weird and it kinda really forces these icky ideas on you and it's got very "kids do not try any of these at home" vibes, but at the same time I'm like... could this be my gay awakening.

As long as you don't go "sure, sounds like a great idea!" when someone forcibly gives you a soul orgasm literally 2 seconds after you meet and then decides that you're their fate, it's all good!

As long as you don't go "sure, sounds like a great idea!" when someone forcibly gives you a soul orgasm literally 2 seconds after you meet and then decides that you're their fate, it's all good!

biting-and-licking.jpg

Learn to ask all the right questions first. That's always important.

It's so easy to feel bad for the main character. The way he's being jerked around by everybody here hasn't been sitting right with me. But at least there're ghosts in it???

biting-and-licking.jpg

It's so easy to feel bad for the main character. The way he's being jerked around by everybody here hasn't been sitting right with me. But at least there're ghosts in it???

I think that stuff was made more palatable to me, because the show doesn't actually endorse/frame the things done to him as being right like how most BL shows would. It actually has interesting things to say about consent and the character development was pretty good all things considered under a BL lens.

I think that stuff was made more palatable to me, because the show doesn't actually endorse/frame the things done to him as being right like how most BL shows would. It actually has interesting things to say about consent and the character development was pretty good all things considered under a BL lens.

You've just convinced me to finish the show. I was starting to get really worried about the poor guy even if I'm still only two episodes in.

biting-and-licking.jpg

Like @Gens says, the story very much is about how what goes on between Hiyakawa and Mikado really isn't okay - you're supposed to be uncomfortable with it, and that gets increasingly obvious as the series goes on, with other characters explicitly saying as much. The story plays around with a lot of bl tropes and basically twists them into horror.

The manga is worlds better but I promise that even the anime isn't leading up to a "well, it's fine as long as it's you!" kind of cheap conclusion.

Like @Gens says, the story very much is about how what goes on between Hiyakawa and Mikado really isn't okay - you're supposed to be uncomfortable with it, and that gets increasingly obvious as the series goes on, with other characters explicitly saying as much. The story plays around with a lot of bl tropes and basically twists them into horror.

The manga is worlds better but I promise that even the anime isn't leading up to a "well, it's fine as long as it's you!" kind of cheap conclusion.

I'm starting to see what you guys mean. It's got some serious Pet vibes to it so far - dark, mysterious, foreboding, makes you feel unsafe in key moments - so I'm looking forward to see how it all wraps up. It also took me a while to warm up to Pet, but it turned out to be one of my sleeper favorites. Kind of gives me hope that Tricornered Window will be the same way, too.

I'm starting to see what you guys mean. It's got some serious Pet vibes to it so far - dark, mysterious, foreboding, makes you feel unsafe in key moments - so I'm looking forward to see how it all wraps up. It also took me a while to warm up to Pet, but it turned out to be one of my sleeper favorites. Kind of gives me hope that Tricornered Window will be the same way, too.

Good fucking man, nobody was basically watching the show when it aired, but it really grew into it's own very nicely over time. Starts off with some silly little gay innuendos but it really goes beyond that, getting more intriguing with the character drama/plot dealing with trauma for me and having an actually good deal of substance behind it.

Last edited:
I really need to finish that Exorcist show. I enjoyed the episodes I watched, but then I got distracted.

I kind of wish there was an anime studio version of Troma. One it would allow for some unrestrained insanity. Two Troma has always been a place for young creatives to cut their teeth and find their own voice.

Yeah, there isn't much going on in those episodes except for... garfield, and tea parties with witches. I miss the days when we were killing giant evil flying whales and running from a funny psychopathic cultist with elfen lied powers.

Hope the next season fixes this. IF there's a third season, that is.

DAT

Finally watching Ashita no Joe. Time to experience where Dezaki got his career running at influencing an entire artform, and see the original of one of my favorite anime of all time with megalobox

I'm excited, it's already really good, such great animation and one of the coolest artstyles ever.

Back