FYAB: Find Your Anime Buddy

I might join one for Mob Psycho 100, but it depends on the day. (I might not be able to on the 5th or 6th, but we'll see.)

Psychic powers for the win.
Okay, I don't mind watching this week or some time in the near future. I am typically a binger and Mob Psycho will be a rewatch for me { I want to rewatch the first two seasons before the 3rd starts airing} so anytime really works for me.

Psychic powers for the win.
Okay, I don't mind watching this week or some time in the near future. I am typically a binger and Mob Psycho will be a rewatch for me { I want to rewatch the first two seasons before the 3rd starts airing} so anytime really works for me.
Ok, great. :) I'll be having company over tomorrow, but I might be able to join on the 7th or 8th. Same here, pretty much. It'll be a rewatch for me as well, but I've been planning on rewatching the first 2 seasons anyway, to get more hyped up for the 3rd lol.

Oh, hey, you're organising a group watch of Mob Psycho 100? Count me in! I've read the first volume of the manga but I haven't watched the anime adaptation yet. I hear that the sakuga is incredible.
Yes, me and OkamiHime95 have started and posted our thoughts in the discussion thread {mine starts here} feel free to join anytime.

I have not yet read the manga but I have seen the first two seasons of the anime. I am re-watching for fun and as a refresher for the 3rd season.

So I forgot all about Baki...

Anyway I just found out they made a six episode OVA for Starship Troopers in the 80s. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/starship-troopers

Anyone want to watch it with me after Halloween? I enjoyed Paul Verhoeven's film, but that was a terrible adaptation of the book. Verhoeven didn't read the book and the movie flips the books message completely.
I had not forgotten about Baki (at first, at least...): I have merely ignored it because I can't be in first place in a buddy group!

I won't read the book but I'm sure up for an '80s OVA!

So I forgot all about Baki...

Anyway I just found out they made a six episode OVA for Starship Troopers in the 80s. https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/starship-troopers

Anyone want to watch it with me after Halloween? I enjoyed Paul Verhoeven's film, but that was a terrible adaptation of the book. Verhoeven didn't read the book and the movie flips the books message completely.
Yeah let's jump in. Happy to do my part.

The book's boner for fascism would be especially depressing to read right now.

I'm glad the anime is going to include the mecha suits. It's something that was missing from the movie for budgetary reasons. I just hope the anime doesn't lean too far into the extreme nationalism.
To be fair to Heinlein, I also won't read it due to his time travel incest shenanigans, despite it not being in Starship Troopers.

Back