Slow Loop

If this is anything like Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater I'm going to really enjoy it!

Sorry to "disappoint" you but it's not, the only common thing is fishing - fly fishing, to be more specific - , it's more about the main characters' parents getting married to each other and them getting used to it... and they're also fishing in the meantime. It's definitely less comedic and less focused on the fishing aspect itself. Of course it doesn't mean it's bad, in fact, I think this is one of the best ongoing mangas right now. If it gets a good adaptation, I think it's potentially AOTY material.

@hisignalize hey thanks for the info! To be honest, I'm just a fishing poser. I never went fishing in my entire life, however I do absolutely love the aesthetic of it and I spent way too many hours fishing whenever it was an available minigame in an rpg or something. (Stardew Valley I'm looking at you...)

So with all that said, if the main characters have a comfy chat and they happen to be fishing, that's all I need to love this.

Last edited:
And the season has officially been started, at least for me.

First episode was better than expected. I was really worried about this adaptation - especially about the tone, of getting into a new family - , but those worries have been put to rest (for now). Definitely a weekly follow.

Episode 1:

First CGDCT SoL for this season. The fishing stuff is fine but the best bit for me is the family aspect. A pretty okay start so far.

Man this takes me back to when I tried to learn fly fishing at summer camp. Didn't catch shit because it rained all week but it was an interesting challenge.

I was hoping that the show would be decent and it's already exceeded expectations. Definitely some Laid Back Camp vibes (down to the stoic and cheerful main characters) but that's alright with me. We need more cute girls teaching outdoor skills anime. Definitely following this one.

...this was better than I thought it would be. I didn't love it, but it was pretty good.

Yuru Fish gets a second week.
Who are you and what have you done with @interregnum (foot dungeon?).

Episode 1
Loved it! It kind of reminded me of that breakwater show which i enjoyed a fair bit too but i feel it exceeded for a start episode. We get a decent setting which logically brings the two new siblings together (and explains ones slightly hyper personality), no "long last siblings" or weird "just met" thing, parents remarrying makes sense (though they really could of used a bigger number than 3 years right? Not that 3 is bad but it implies they both must of met and dated pretty fast after losing their partners... though this is a minor detail and doesn't matter).

I like the two girls we have thus far, MC seem great all around, she is kind but wary and i liked that. I enjoyed the other girl too, she was happy and cheery, which always sits well.

In all i just really loved this episode, it's like Breakwater season 2, except they did a Yuru camp crossover and added a extra does of cuteness to the SoL factor... in short, my kind of show (and if it maintains this momentum, easily gonna be a top tier one for me to start the year).

I'm practically the slice-of-life guy!
is-that-a-challenge-lion-king.gif

We all know I'm the SOL sheriff round these parts.

is-that-a-challenge-lion-king.gif

We all know I'm the SOL sheriff round these parts.
I love SoL more than anyone... but i will concede, redneck usually has seen some before i get my dirty little mits on them, he can reign king, for now.

I still take #2, sorry, just the way it is.

STOP THAT.
It's true though!

For every series like Rent-a-Girlfriend I
I hear their new NTR chapter was pretty bad, like the manga was slayed everywhere and i just couldn't help smile... sorry, couldn't resist.

But honestly, i know you like some SOL, i figured it was limited to more Yuru camp shows though.

I hear their new NTR chapter was pretty bad, like the manga was slayed everywhere and i just couldn't help smile... sorry, couldn't resist.
...I had to look this up, and I am 133 chapters away from getting to it. I kind of hate you for telling me this is a thing.

friendship-over-friendship.gif

People are angry about Kazuya poppin' a boner over imagining Chizaru with another dude, but I'm angry that the panel in question shows Chizuru's bare chest.

The gall.

...wait, she may have been topless already somewhere before where I am now. I can't remember. Whatever. I don't like it. Chizuru is precious and should be kept pure.

I remember the mute girl is the first one who gets the nude treatment. Because...sure she would.

But honestly, i know you like some SOL, i figured it was limited to more Yuru camp shows though.
To be fair to you, I originally had no intention of giving this a shot. So, yeah, I shouldn't be expected to be here.

And, honestly, I couldn't tell you why I gave it a shot.

Back