Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

I finished one of my recs only, Black Lagoon is the kind of mindless fun that I didn't experience much of from this medium but I look back fondly at every similar show I've watched. The pure cheese entertainment factor really makes it a nice and easy to consume time passer on a day off after a long stressful week, and I always appreciate those.

I did start the other two recs but didn't get far into them due to a few things going on, I want to finish reading Planetes though definitely so I might do it tomorrow.

Update from me:
I finished Castlevania, the extra anime my Santa gave me. While I have no idea about the lore of Castlevania, I found the series to be enjoyable. I was a fan of the animation and style, will most likely watch the 2nd season sometime in the future.
Sadly, I won't be able to watch the rest of the series and I feel bad for it because my Santa took the time and effort to write me a very detailed card. I'll put those animes on my WTW list, so I can watch them later on.
Thanks for giving me those picks. I enjoyed both animes I watched :smile:

Dear Santa,
I have finally finished all three of my picks:banana:
I liked all of them especially Pet Shop of Horrors, which I binged today
youve-got-great-taste-jake.gif

Dear Santa,
I finally finished one of your picks. I meant to watch at least one more but ended up wrapped up in finals and the holiday rush at work. I'll try to watch the other picks after Christmas. I really do appreciate the gifts. I did finish Death Billards and posted my thoughts here.
Merry Christmas!
Sincerely, the local procrastinator who procrastinated

Dear Santa,

Sorry for making you wait so long for any updates! I got busy and haven't been able to read much of anything since I completed your first pick. I'm about to go on a Christmas Eve BingeTM of Maid-Sama--I'm currently 13 pages into the first chapter and I might be in love?? The writing's snappy and snarky, I like it a lot.
Merry Christmas everybody!

Dear Santa,

I finally finished two of the five picks you sent over! I got too busy to post for the first one so I'll do them both now. The Perfect Insider was super awesome. I love mystery anime and this is one to keep on the recommendation list for others. I really enjoyed it, much more than Backflip. I've learned I need to read descriptions but I really enjoyed both. Thank you Santa!

Dear Santa, I ended up only finishing two of all the picks you gave me, but I did ended up adding them to my WTW so I can use them for the bingo challenge eventually!

So for the picks I watched, the first one I chose to watch first was Given since it was 11 episodes and I have heard a lot of people sing its praises.

Given: To be honest, I didn't expect to like the show as much as I did. I don't have anything against BL, but I don't tend to watch a lot of BL anime due to not being fond of the weird couple mechanics and the overly sexualization that comes with a lot of the BL shows. However, I didn't really feel that way about Given. I felt it was more about how they grew up as a band while the romance took a back seat which I was completely fine with since the music was amazing. Both the OP and Mafuyu's song have been living rent free in my brain for a while. I did have some issues with the show which is why I gave it 4 stars. but I overall really enjoyed the ride.

Sweetness and Lightning: Sweetness and Lightning was an adorable watch. I really enjoyed seeing the father-daughter relationship improve throughout the show and how it showed the growth that both Tsumugi and Kouhei had thanks to the challenges they faced. I did feel that the solutions to the conflicts did feel a bit on the repetitive side, with how they always tried solving any problem by just having Kouhei and Kotori cook something for Tsumugi. Yet overall it was a cute watch that was comfy for the holiday seasons.

Dear Santa, unfortunately I wasn't able to finish off all the options you've given me but I definitely enjoyed the variety between the shows you've given me.

- Nura: Rise of the Youkai Clan: The first few episodes felt quite slow / boring to me but the characters grew on me after a couple of episodes. I liked the variety of characters and youkai that were introduced and the action scenes were quite dope as well. Solid pick!

- Croisee in a foreign labyrinth: I started but haven't finished this one, the animation is great and the characters seem very interesting; will definitely be finishing this one-off during the holidays!

- To your Eternity: Unfortunately I didn't have time to check out your last recommendation. Sorry, Santa! It still seems interesting and I'll watch it after Croisee

Thanks again Santa for the gifts! Hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well
Happy holidays everyone!

:love:WHO YOUR SANTA IS!!!:love:

Tyanime19 gave recommendations to Gravityleap
Gravityleap gave recommendations to Cesmine
Cesmine gave recommendations to OPisBESTanime
OPisBESTanime gave recommendations to StarPlatinum23
StarPlatinum23 gave recommendations to Fluffs
Fluffs gave recommendations to Loussavaara
Loussavaara gave recommendations to ElementalSkullGirl
ElementalSkullGirl gave recommendations to JamesSofort
JamesSofort gave recommendations to Scalpelexis
Scalpelexis gave recommendations to WolfAngelus
WolfAngelus gave recommendations to Seokhanies
Seokhanies gave recommendations to Warpuppy
Warpuppy gave recommendations to Mullen
Mullen gave recommendations to KarinXOXO
KarinXOXO gave recommendations to FoxNEET
FoxNEET gave recommendations to Spookymorrigan
Spookymorrigan gave recommendations to randomeredneck
randomredneck gave recommendations to Starletka
Starletka gave recommendations to Rascal
Rascal gave recommendations to OkamiHime95
OkamiHime95 gave recommendations to Max4444
Max4444 gave recommendations to KathyKatz
KathyKatzgave recommendations to HowtoProcrastinate
HowtoProcrastinate gave recommendations to Kamiofdreams
Kamiofdreams gave recommendations to Tyanime19

KatieFox97 gave recommendations to HitomiTSUKISHIRO
HitomiTSUKISHIROgave recommendations to Letmewatchinpeace
Letmewatchinpeace gave recommendations to LegendE5
LegendE5 gave recommendations to CherryChip
CherryChip gave recommendations to Emsfrase
Emsfrase gave recommendations to Vivizwag
Vivizwag gave recommendations to Starrx
Starrx gave recommendations to TrombroneCoyne
TromeboneCoyne gave recommendations to JacksonSehmn
JacksonSehm gave recommendations to virgilunderground
virgilunderground gave recommendations to Positiv2
Positiv2 gave recommendations to Deimock
Deimock gave recommendations to Nyaladin
Nyaladin gave recommendations to DarkShadow2905
DarkShadow2905 gave recommendations to Kifinosi
Kifinosi gave recommendations to Qplayer
Qplayer gave recommendations to Partiallygore
Partiallygore gave recommendations to Shirokuma
Shirokuma gave recommendations to Bestanimeserie
Bestanimeserie gave recommendations to oOoFusseloOo
oOoFusseloOo gave recommendations to Naterbug8278
Naterbug8278 gave recommendations to Nekus
Nekus gave recommendations to KatieFox97
NuclearHoneydew gave recommendations to JordanJas
JordanJas gave recommendations to Ermo
Ermo gave recommendations to HasseRovdjur
HasseRovdjur gave recommendations to Kiyoka
Kiyoka gave recommendations to AquamarineGem
AquamarineGem gave recommendations to Sabure
Sabure gave recommendations to Rekindled
Rekindled gave recommendations to LadyPsychic
LadyPsychic gave recommendations to Helbaworshipper
Helbaworshipper gave recommendations to Hayane
Hayane gave recommendations to Kwanthemaster
Kwanthemastergave recommendations to NuclearHoneydew

Foodlife gave recommendations to Demelza
Demelza gave recommendations to Abbyishere4manga
Abbyishere4manga gave recommendations to Pyroblade
Pyroblade gave recommendations to MokraMrkva
MokraMrkva gave recommendations to NaelSchenfel
NaelSchenfel gave recommendations to Cherstal
Cherstal gave recommendations to Featherstone
Featherstone gave recommendations to Torinikucchi
Torinikucchi gave recommendations to Twi
Twi gave recommendations to Kakajoju
Kakajoju gave recommendations to Meganeorcx
Meganeorcx gave recommendations to Safaq
Safaq gave recommendations to Timed
Timed gave recommendations to Thunder7
Thunder7 gave recommendations to EastIsEarly
EastIsEarly gave recommendations to Gaia1103
Gaia1103 gave recommendations to WeirdFrance
WeirdFrance gave recommendations to 0jamaRainbow
0jamaRainbow gave recommendations to Clotilde
Clotilde gave recommendations to Noitra
Noitra gave recommendations to Tigian
Tigian gave recommendations to Franzi
Franzi gave recommendations to Cupcakle
Cupcakle gave recommendations to Max20Ro
Max20Ro gave recommendations to SpiritOfCoffeeMug
SpiritOfCoffeeMug gave recommendations to Zed
Zed gave recommendations to Thrawn
Thrawn gave recommendations to Lisebell
Lisebell gave recommendations to Taybella99
Taybella99 gave recommendations to Foodlife

-----------------------------------------------------------
Thank you everyone for participating and have a good Christmas x

NOTE: If there are any mistakes or you can't see your name just post in this thread and someone will get back to you.

Also if you haven't done so already please go fill out the questionnaire my elf Anna is hosting to help us prepare more for next year and get your thoughts on how we should run this game <3

https://www.anime-planet.com/forum/threads/secret-santa-survey-2021.340141/

q9Emrze.gif

@Helbaworshipper Ayoo girl thanks for the recommendations! c': I will try to finish the rest of your recommendation pretty soon... I hope! Farming primos for genshin impact again is taking up my time xD
I am stalking your list and I am amazed we actually have lots of common interest xD first thing that caught my eyes was 07 ghost and ouran......Imma cry

P.S. You might want to get back to Villains Are Destined to Die if you enjoyed it as the plot is kicking again.

Back