Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

*Drum roll* And this year the choices are;
  • 22/7 ~ Clearly must be an anime about doing math. I see you Santa, trying to educate a young man.
  • ACCA: 13 ~ we're inspecting something. Don't know what, but I do love me a good inspection.
  • Let's Make a Mug Too ~ yet again slice of life dropping that knowledge. We gonna learn some pottery.
  • Teasing Master Takagi-san ~ Teasing battle between abnormally skinny children

Teasing Master Takagi-san is honestly the only one I'm overly familiar with, but I'll probably start with ACCA:13, because it sounds the most interesting to me from the synopsis. Let's be real though I'll probably end up watching them all.

Well, I got One Punch Man and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. I've heard a lot about these animes and I already wanted to watch them some time ago, so I'm gonna give them a chance once for all.
Edit: Sorry Santa... I didn't noticed there was also "Horimiya", I've never heard about this anime, but it looks pretty good.

Last edited:
I'm defintely edited to watch my gifts from my Santa!
  1. Death Billiards (I've seen Death Parade but haven't gotten around to this one. Defintely will give it a watch).
  2. Ghost Hunt (Probably scratches the horror itch).
  3. Ristorante Paradiso (I always enjoy a slucw of life anime).
  4. Say "I Love You" (Heard good things about it from my friend).
Pretty much all the other gifts have been on my wtw. Haven't decided which other one I want to watch.

Santa's picks for me this year were:
They were all on my WTW list for a while, so it's a kick for me to finally get into them... as soon as I finish Stone Ocean ;)
Thanks for the recs, I hope I will enjoy all of them.
Watched all 3, but I found Erased and Library Wars the most interesting. Neither one I didn't think I'd like that much (though out of the 2, I had more hopes for LW), but I was pretty surprised! Might just be me, but I found BtB's plot confusing at times, but I felt like it had potential.

My recs are
1. Black Lagoon (anime)
2. Mononoke (anime)
3. Planetes (manga)

Gonna make an effort to finish at least one.

Only got two picks this year, but they show some consideration and effort which I really appreciate. I'll check both of them out!
Try refreshing your recs page, or quoting the DM post to see the full text. Sometimes the quote doesn't give you the "click here to see more" option.

Well my picks were given:

- A Place Further Than the Universe (anime)
- Made in Abyss (anime)
- Delicious in Dungeon (manga)
- Fantasy Bishoujo Juniku Ojisan to (manga)
- Golden Kamuy (anime)

I'm extremely excited for the bishoujo one, it sounds like it was made for me lol. They all seem interesting so I'll try my best to finish them, thank you Santa!

Well, I got One Punch Man and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. I've heard a lot about these animes and I already wanted to watch them some time ago, so I'm gonna give them a chance once for all.
Didn't think I'd like One Punch Man back when it was recommended to me, but I ended up really liking it and having a ton of laughs watching it. XD (Which is really saying something, considering Japanese comedy is very hit or miss for me.)

Watched all 3, but I found Erased and Library Wars the most interesting. Neither one I didn't think I'd like that much (though out of the 2, I had more hopes for LW), but I was pretty surprised! Might just be me, but I found BtB's plot confusing at times, but I felt like it had potential.

To be honest, out of the three, Beyond the Boundary is the one I'm most lukewarm about from the start. I'm not sure if, for that reason, start with it or leave for the end ;)

I'm defintely edited to watch my gifts from my Santa!
  1. Death Billiards (I've seen Death Parade but haven't gotten around to this one. Defintely will give it a watch).
  2. Ghost Hunt (Probably scratches the horror itch).
  3. Ristorante Paradiso (I always enjoy a slucw of life anime).
  4. Say "I Love You" (Heard good things about it from my friend).
Pretty much all the other gifts have been on my wtw. Haven't decided which other one I want to watch.
I recently watched Death Billiards, and was surprised with it, considering most folks on here that know me, know I tend to stay away from Horror/Horror-like stuff. (With a few rare exceptions.) In short, I liked it.

I loved Say "I Love You", and really liked Ristorante Paradiso. :3 I'd start with either Say "I Love You" or Ristorante Paradiso, but since you mentioned you've watched Death Parade, maybe you'll want to go with Death Billiards 1st or 2nd?

Here are my Secret Santa picks:

- Those Snow White Notes
- Tokyo Revengers
- Tokyo Ravens

Ironically, I was planning on starting Those Snow White Notes today as I'm going to use it for my current Bingo card and EDS. As for the two Tokyo shows, I'll watch them when I receive my next card in a couple of weeks. I'm high on Tokyo Revengers as several people here kept praising it and I added it on my WtW list not too long ago. I don't know much about Ravens, though.

Back