Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

My picks are in:

Somali and the Forest Spirit | This has been on my radar for a while now. I love the premise and Somali looks adorable

Wonder Egg Priority | I didn't expect a recent seasonal to get recommended but that being WEP seemed to be very well received. If I get around to this one I don't know that I'll watch the 13th episode though, lots of people weren't too happy with how it ended from what I've read.

Deca-Dence | I've heard mixed reviews about this series but I'm interesting to bust into it and see what it entails. I'm a sucker for sci fi and post-apocalyptic as it is.

Thank you Santa for taking the time to comb through my horrendous want to watch graveyard. Lord knows I add more to that list than take off

3fNg1FD.gif

Seeing a lot of Somali, Sleepy Princess and Sweetness And Lightning. We could turn this into a drinking game at this rate.

Somali = love
Not surprised at all to see this great series and its manga getting recced over and over.

Thanks santa for the recs and reasoning behind your choices!

I got (All anime):
  • Clannad
  • Nichijou
  • Outlaw Star
  • (Bonus)Princess Connect: Re:Dive
  • Tower of God
I've been meaning to pick up Clannad again, was waiting for when I had the time for a 20+ episode show and this finally gives me a reason to! All these recs look interesting and will definitely try to finish as many as possible, although I'm curious about why I was recommended Tower of God when I've watched the show and am currently reading the webcomic, but hey atleast I like one of their recs so far xD
Been curious about Outlaw Star and Nichijou myself. If your bonus rec is what I think it is, then that's another one that I've thought about watching.

Alright had some time to put all the recs so far into a spreadsheet. Some interesting stats:

1. 79 unique anime have been recommended.
2. Kino's Journey is the most recced anime (3 times)
3. The following anime have been recommended twice.
  • Made in Abyss
  • Sweetness and Lightning
  • Somali and the Forest Spirit
  • Heaven Official's Blessing
  • Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle
  • Bacanno
  • Wonder Egg Priority
  • Girls Last Tour
  • To Your Eternity
  • Given
I'll make an actual AP custom list when I get home and don't have to do it on mobile.

Alright had some time to put all the recs so far into a spreadsheet. Some interesting stats:

• Made in Abyss
  • Bacanno
  • Wonder Egg Priority
  • Girls Last Tour
  • To Your Eternity
  • Given
I'll make an actual AP custom list when I get home and don't have to do it on mobile.
I think Mo Dao Zu Shi was in there a fair amount too?

• Made in Abyss
  • Bacanno
  • Wonder Egg Priority
  • Girls Last Tour
  • To Your Eternity
  • Given
Can't wait to see said list.Wish someone had made one for last year.

Ok. Gotta say I am pretty pleasantly surprised, Santa really tried to go wide with their choices:

5 Centimetres per Second: Not generaly the biggest fan of Shinkai, though this is a well known staple. A movie pick is an interesting choice, but I definitely wanna go for something more time consuming :-)

Kino no Tabi: Haha, yeah, I got that recced maybe twice already. I always am on the brink of going for it, but something stops me. As this time O:-)

Prison School: What a mad choice! I am not into ecchi too much, but hey, I am down for some crazy perverted fun this Christmas. Last year I went with Detroit Metal City, so this is a good continuation of such trend. Thanks!

With that said, the last pick gave me a notion that I might have the same Santa as last year..it is not, right? O:-)
Dude, I wish, but I would never in my life in good conscience recommend someone a Shinkai anime

It's interesting to see a lot of Santas recommending the same anime. If I have time I might make a list of the most recommended ones.
It's funny, because I keep seeing titles I considered for recs flying left and right

I got my picks:

• Aggretsuko (it wasn't specified which one to watch so I'm gonna watch the 2018 one): I had seen this anime before but never gave a chance to it. Seems like this is the time, also is short so no complaint.
  • KADO: The Right Answer: This one seems very interesting, it's going to be the first one I'm going to watch.
  • Pretear: I find the description somewhat funny so I'm looking forward to watching it

I got my picks:

• Aggretsuko (it wasn't specified which one to watch so I'm gonna watch the 2018 one): I had seen this anime before but never gave a chance to it. Seems like this is the time, also is short so no complaint.
  • KADO: The Right Answer: This one seems very interesting, it's going to be the first one I'm going to watch.
  • Pretear: I find the description somewhat funny so I'm looking forward to watching it
I can remember getting recommended KADO, but with the warning that I'd bawl my eyes out, though I didn't find anything sad about it(?) Anyway, I found it an alright watch. Iirc, I thought the animation was quite stunning, and I really liked the music.

Back