Anime-Planet Secret Santa 2021

Well then, recommendations are in, and Secret Santa has blessed me with the following:
1. Anohana: The Flower we saw that day
2. Charlotte
3. Erased

All three were on my Plan to Watch list, so pretty hard to choose which one to start with

Also, do the Elves strip the recommendations of any extra text? Not sure if all of my Secret Santas so far preferred brevity over verbosity, or if I was just adding extra work to Elves the whole time

Nope, some people add descriptions and such, others just send a plain list.

Phew, I got a lot of recs! Really appreciate the thought-process that went in to them matching to some of my favorites; I just hope I didn't make it too difficult with my unconventional list. :sweat:

1) Girls' Last Tour - YES, an Iyashikei! This looks right up my alley.
2) To your Eternity - Very fond of adventure shows, and I've head good things about this one. I will plan to get to it in the near future.
3) I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - I am always in the mood for anime films, and this looks like an important one to do.
4) Made in Abyss - Oh yeah, this show. It's generated enough discussion in the community and has been on my backlog for some time now, and I think I have the perfect excuse to get to it now.
5) Kino's Journey - I'm nearly certain Kino's Journey will be something I like, but the one that was linked was the 2017 version, so I'll wait till I've seen the original.
6) Dororo (2019) - Now this is something I definitely did not expect. I think I will wait on it for now. (The completionist in me is tempted to do the original first here too, even though I don't think there's really any prerequisite. :p)
7) Puella Magi Madoka Magica - I have actually started this one, but for whatever reason, have yet to complete, so I will wait on for now (but will do so soon enough).
8) Assassination Classroom - Another unexpected recommendation that I know very little about. Think I'll wait for now, since I'm going to try to focus on shorter works.
9) Black Lagoon - I think this will be a nice change of pace from some of the other offerings, so I'm going to try to do it.

And then two more irrelevant to my favorite anime:
10) Moribito - Very interesting pick I don't really know anything about. I will absolutely consider this for the future.
11) Spice and Wolf - I actually did try the light novel for this, but I'm such a slow and inconsistent reader, that I didn't get far. This does look like a lovely series and plan to experience it one form or another someday.

So the ones I'll try to do for this event in order of priority:
I Want to Eat Your Pancreas
Girls' Last Tour
Made in Abyss
Black Lagoon

Many thanks again!

Last edited:
Phew, I got a lot of recs! Really appreciate the thought-process that went in to them matching to some of my favorites; I just hope I didn't make it too difficult with my unconventional list. :sweat:

2) To your Eternity - Very fond of adventure shows, and I've head good things about this one. I will plan to get to it in the near future.
3) I Want to Eat Your Pancreas - I am always in the mood for anime films, and this looks like an important one to do.
4) Made in Abyss - Oh yeah, this show. It's generated enough discussion in the community and has been on my backlog for some time now, and I think I have the perfect excuse to get to it now.
5) Kino's Journey - I'm nearly certain Kino's Journey will be something I like, but the one that was linked was the 2017 version, so I'll wait till I've seen the original.
6) Dororo (2019) - Now this is something I definitely did not expect. I think I will wait on it for now. (The completionist in me is tempted to do the original first here too, even though I don't think there's really any prerequisite here. :p)
7) Puella Magi Madoka Magica - I have actually started this one, but for whatever reason, have yet to complete, so I will wait on for now (but hopefully will complete it soon).
8) Assassination Classroom - Another unexpected recommendation that I know very little about. Think I'll wait for now, since I'm going to try to focus on shorter works.
9) Black Lagoon - I think this will be a nice change of pace from some of the other offerings, so I'm going to try to do it.

10) Moribito - Very interesting pick I don't really know anything about. I will absolutely consider this for the future.
11) Spice and Wolf - I actually did try the light novel for this, but I'm such a slow and inconsistent reader, that I didn't get far. This does look like a lovely series and plan to experience it one form or another someday.

Girls' Last Tour
Made in Abyss
Black Lagoon

Many thanks again!
Clearly Santa thinks you've been very good this year, 'cause that's a lot of quality picks!
:drinking:

6) Dororo (2019) - Now this is something I definitely did not expect. I think I will wait on it for now. (The completionist in me is tempted to do the original first here too, even though I don't think there's really any prerequisite here. :p)
7) Puella Magi Madoka Magica - I have actually started this one, but for whatever reason, have yet to complete, so I will wait on for now (but hopefully will complete it soon).

Girls' Last Tour
Made in Abyss
Black Lagoon

Many thanks again!

Mother of recs, so many... But those are good, like all of them.

6) Dororo (2019) - Now this is something I definitely did not expect. I think I will wait on it for now. (The completionist in me is tempted to do the original first here too, even though I don't think there's really any prerequisite. :p)
7) Puella Magi Madoka Magica - I have actually started this one, but for whatever reason, have yet to complete, so I will wait on for now (but will do so soon enough).
Ooh, to your eternity. And girls last tour... Wait, I'm getting deja vu...

Assassination classroom too. Damn. Who knew santa claus was this based.

To Your Eternity is available both on Crunchyroll and (in some regions) this excellent series is indeed available to watch right here on Anime-Planet!
:banana:
Starting with Mushishi is a good life choice, the series is very good. And if you like it, I also suggest checking out Bai Yao Pu at some point, it has kind of a similar vibe to it. Also, will confirm that Girls' Last Tour is super chill and comfy in spite of the post-apocalyptic backdrop. It's a nice watch.
Great! :D I think I'll start that one or Space Dandy after I'm done with Mushishi.

Thanks for the rec! I'm always down for discovering more Donghua's, so Bai Yao Pu will be on my radar.

this is what I was sent:

given , artiswitch , schoolbabysitters

what do you guys make of it? I've had Given in my WTW for a few years, haven't heard of the other two
I really liked Given, and I thought Artiswitch was alright (minus a certain episode that I won't mention due to spoilers), and I personally didn't like School Babysitters when I last watched it years ago, but who knows? YOU might like it.

Girls' Last Tour
Made in Abyss
Black Lagoon

Many thanks again!
DAAAAAAANG, Santa must've thought you were majorly good this year! :drinking: (Edit: I posted before seeing Anna's comment lol. xD Oh well, great minds think alike!
:P )

My picks are in:

Somali and the Forest Spirit | This has been on my radar for a while now. I love the premise and Somali looks adorable

Wonder Egg Priority | I didn't expect a recent seasonal to get recommended but that being WEP seemed to be very well received. If I get around to this one I don't know that I'll watch the 13th episode though, lots of people weren't too happy with how it ended from what I've read.

Deca-Dence | I've heard mixed reviews about this series but I'm interesting to bust into it and see what it entails. I'm a sucker for sci fi and post-apocalyptic as it is.

Thank you Santa for taking the time to comb through my horrendous want to watch graveyard. Lord knows I add more to that list than take off

3fNg1FD.gif

Back