Daily Anime Thoughts

DAT: Seeing what people are saying about the Cowboy Bebop Live-action series has me realize something.

I am genuinely hyped for the One Piece live-action series. Why wouldn't I be? The source material is going strong and even just had another movie written by Oda greenlit.
The netflix series being a horrendous trash fire can't actually be anything other than delightful to behold when there's no actual hopes to be dashed!
I can't fucking wait for them to do a hilariously shitty CG blend whenever Luffy tries to stretch or inflate!

DAT: Seeing what people are saying about the Cowboy Bebop Live-action series has me realize something.

I am genuinely hyped for the One Piece live-action series. Why wouldn't I be? The source material is going strong and even just had another movie written by Oda greenlit.
The netflix series being a horrendous trash fire can't actually be anything other than delightful to behold when there's no actual hopes to be dashed!
I can't fucking wait for them to do a hilariously shitty CG blend whenever Luffy tries to stretch or inflate!
I mean that’s one way to look at it! lmao

DAT: Was so bored today that I watched the entire first season of Bubuki Buranki (BBK/BRNK). Even as anime, which medium is known for ridiculousness, it really dialed that up to 11, and what a mishmash of ideas too. There's pretty much everything you could imagine thrown in there, and I'm not sure it works. I'm actually surprised they got a budget for this- and two cours at that. The one positive of me watching it now versus back when I dropped it originally is that the cg bothered me less, because I've seen much worse since then.

DAT:

Really digging the new JoJo OP:

Has a riot grrrl squad feeling which is fitting and those visuals as always kick ass.
I'm glad they went back to the 3D visuals, I was missing that from the last two parts and their openings.
I like how it plays around with the alternate coloring too, that's one of my favorite artistic flourishes that the Jojo anime does.

DAT:

Has a riot grrrl squad feeling which is fitting and those visuals as always kick ass.
Can't tell you how estatic I am that they switched back to CGI for the op visuals, this feels much more classic jojo anime now, which is appropriate for this part. Also, the song is super hype. They're really doing this part justice, I just hope they keep the CGI op's for part 7

You'll be getting CG alright
the horses I mean
thumb_spongebob-cowboy-hat-meme-image-of-hat-50674021.png

*sad nyo ho ho*

DAT:

I'm really looking forward to the new Jojo anime series (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Part 6) coming up! My former classmates used to photoshop Jojo characters with the Super Smash Bros stage backgrounds for our graphic design courses. Thanks for the Jojo opening video!

DAT:

Its looking great. I just finished Diamond is Unbreakable (which was great, my second favorite Jojo part so far after Battle Tendency) a few days ago and am currently a few episodes into Golden Wind (which is pretty good, although its still early in the show so my thoughts could go either way). I definitely intend to get to the new season once I've caught up, I've really gotten into Jojo a lot recently (it helped to get past the horrible middle part of Stardust Crusaders, which zapped my interest in the series for awhile until I just skipped to them arriving in Egypt and the show's plot actually continued).

Hm,... I'm in the mood for an anime that handles serious issues but in an optimistic way...

I find a lot of 'optimistic' series don't let themselves go anywhere too dark, and a lot of series that do go places that are pretty dark are inherently set up for tragedy. I guess there's the burden of making a series that goes somewhere dark but has an ending that feels 'realistic' and natural to the dark scenario, and the easy answer is for it to end grimly... I'd like more series that touch on real issues but that aren't well... you know... gestures. if I say Magical Girl Site, did enough people watch that to know what I mean? like a lot of edgy series throw a lot of dark elements in to shock and upset the viewer, and honestly, i'm okay with watching an edgy festival but what i really want is more series that handle that with nuance and even optimistically...

nge = nuance. optimistic? no. perhaps bittersweet
occasionally I do see a series that handles a topic like domestic abuse almost saccharinely, which... ahhh i don't know how to put it... I'm not looking for grimdark, but you know, I also want a level of complexity higher than Hallmark film, you know...

Back