Daily Anime Thoughts

hm... watched the final nge film awhile ago. it was okay?

honestly the only scene i can say i really enjoyed was the gendo-shinji confrontation

most of the film followup has felt hollow to me in general though. soulless compared to the original series. that's not really a 'concrete' criticism, and it's not like i hate the film series... but it's nowhere near the emotional resonance of the original tv series + eoe for me.

Last edited:
DAT:

I'm fairly ambivalent I think about the netflix cowboy bebop live action, it's really not that bad. That said, ZK is right, I cannot fucking stand more than 5 seconds of Vicious. Goodness graciousness, he has negative charisma and Vicious wasn't even my favourite character ever really in the original show, but at least he had the badass Norio Wakamoto voice acting him. This dweeb ass loser playing him here is pathetic. Also I really don't give a crap about what they did with Julia, I think this Vicious Julia subplot sucks and it was better when she was enigmatic.

DAT

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a38266723/cowboy-bebop-gren-mason-alexander-park/

They were just so careful to hide all this stuff before the show was released. All the promo articles made it seem like this cowboy bebop live action was made by folks who had a genuine love for the original, when really it was made by people who thought there was something wrong with it, and they needed to "fix" it. This is what happens when those people who make retrospective articles degrading the "outdated" nature of classics, come together to make something new out of it. It just ends up losing its identity and integrity like this show did, and shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the series by the creators.

Also, Watanabe warned us. We just didn't listen.
8127752ad6.png

Or more accurately I just didn't know this was a thing.

hm, I haven't heard any news about ouran getting a s2? and I'm usually pretty up to date on that stuff

but if I'm wrong let me know, I'd be happy if it was true

DAT :

what’s this I hear about ouran high host club getting a second season?? We’re finally getting a second season after what 14-15 years?
That it's not happening? I sure hope that if it does indeed happen one day, they'll do a proper full remake instead, because it's impossible to follow the second half of the manga with how things ran in the anime.

hm, I haven't heard any news about ouran getting a s2? and I'm usually pretty up to date on that stuff

but if I'm wrong let me know, I'd be happy if it was true

Yeah I’m not sure if it’s true or not I was on tiktok and this popular man who goes to every animecon out there was like season 2 of ouran high host club is coming out August 2022 I tried to look it up didn’t find anything

DAT :

what’s this I hear about ouran high host club getting a second season?? We’re finally getting a second season after what 14-15 years?
What when how
Yeah I’m not sure if it’s true or not I was on tiktok and this popular man who goes to every animecon out there was like season 2 of ouran high host club is coming out August 2022 I tried to look it up didn’t find anything
Oh, must be trolling then since its weird there is not a single article out hinting about a news related to OHSHC.

DAT:

I was watching Arakawa Under the Bridge for the first time, and amidst my laughter it occurred to me that this might be the last original comedy anime ever made. Like, it's kinda scary to know the medium was capable of this at some point compared to what "comedy" anime is now. Back when it wasn't just

dude walks into room
girl less clothes on in room
girl punches guy
the gods nod in favor of this sanctioned joke.exe

Like, holy crap, I am so not used to see comedy anime actually subverting my expectations and being consistently enjoyable, and getting a laugh out of me every episode, ESPECIALLY with japanese audio.

DAT: It's so weird how Kekkai Sensen probably has one of the most famous anime EDs of all time.
People still make template parodies of this for pretty much any remotely popular show or anime-esque video game property.
Not surprising, though. The music is catchy as all hell, and the animation oozes drip.
I wish more series would try this hard.

@ZetsubouKaiji For starts I am sorrrrry. Not sure how mentioning works in AP but in case you got a ghost mention to a deleted post that was me saying "pardon them for using internet explorer" [for that oddtaxi is top of the season random thread] but I went to check their next post and it was, of course, a sneaky way to add a link for scamming smh.

I'm even more sad that the MC's voice actor seems to mostly just have had minor roles since then, and the one MC role does not strike me as one that highlights her strengths.
I don't think I even heard her voice again after wave....*checks* ok didn't realize she voiced Henrietta showing how much they aren't using her voice at all smh.

DAT:

I was watching Arakawa Under the Bridge for the first time, and amidst my laughter it occurred to me that this might be the last original comedy anime ever made. Like, it's kinda scary to know the medium was capable of this at some point compared to what "comedy" anime is now. Back when it wasn't just

dude walks into room
girl less clothes on in room
girl punches guy
the gods nod in favor of this sanctioned joke.exe

Like, holy crap, I am so not used to see comedy anime actually subverting my expectations and being consistently enjoyable, and getting a laugh out of me every episode, ESPECIALLY with japanese audio.
Arakawa will always be in my top 5, its so fucking hilarious.

DAT:

I'm not a big baseball fan at all really, but the creator of danganronpa making a cyber punk edgy extreme baseball death game anime is too tempting for me to pass up on here:

I'm all in for some stupid fun, also I can never say no to a Masafumi Takada soundtrack.

Back