The Vampire Dies in No Time

Ep 1:
Not the worst premiere episode for a comedy anime. Though, this humor could have been better. Honestly, I did not find even a single scene that would make me smile.

Episode 1:
I read the manga a bit and it never went above "mildly amusing" for me. Probably gonna watch a couple of episodes while eating or something before dropping it. Just to see how it gets adapted.

This is what I get for looking forward to anime nowadays because I was expecting this to be more funny than it was. It got a couple of chuckles out of me but I can see this getting really old real fast.
I'll give it a couple more episodes to change my mind.

Episode 2:
Dropped it. It's just too mediocre for me. I was lightly amused maybe twice, which is not enough for a comedy.

Most jokes are:
"What is if X happens?" says character.
X happens.
"X HAPPENED!" yells character.

Episode 2:
Dropped it. It's just too mediocre for me. I was lightly amused maybe twice, which is not enough for a comedy.

Most jokes are:
"What is if X happens?" says character.
X happens.
"X HAPPENED!" yells character.

Yeah at first i thought it was ok like I did get a few chuckles out but the enjoyment and humour died pretty quickly on the 2nd ep for me so dropped it also. Shame because I thought it would be like Iruma kun, Gintama, Vampire D and Hellsing mixing in well together but o pity…

Episode 2.
I don't know what you two are on about. I found that episode hilarious.
A plant controlling vampire with a flower for a crotch. That was funny as Hell right there.

Episode 2.
I don't know what you two are on about. I found that episode hilarious.
A plant controlling vampire with a flower for a crotch. That was funny as Hell right there.
Well, I said I was amused twice and that was one of the times. I just don't think it's enough for a 25 minute long comedy. I don't demand that it makes me laugh out loud constantly, but a bit more than exhaling sharply through my nose a few times.

I'm surprised, unlike most Japanese stuff this had both me and my wife laughing out loud many times an episode. Most anime comedy are more like "one good laugh an episode," since we're pretty picky. I do wonder if there's a culture clash here? We're British, and I very much like the "low stakes awkward roommates" level humour here. Compared to other recent comedy, I'm enjoying it vastly more than Uramichi-oniisan after two episodes, and I thought that show panned out well. Jahy seems more one-note tbh.

3:
anime-manga.gif

Episode 3.
John proving himself the real MVP of this show. Adorable littlie bugger.
That was a hoot. A contest with Midnight's gay brother that he was trying to lose, then had to win again. Good stuff.

4:
4 episodes already and I am still hopeful that this comedy will make me laugh, even a grin will do.

Episode 5.
That's better.
Are we sure that cat was a vampire? Because he seemed to be acting like a regular cat to me, aside from the talking. Wanting all humans to be his slaves? Normal cat behavior from my perspective.

Back