Digimon Ghost Game

I admit I'm curious about a brand new Digimon series, I hated them going into fucking reboots all the time.

I hope it's good

1: I don't have much to say other than I quite enjoyed this. It seems like Gegege no Kitaro meets Digimon. Also, that is one adorable Jellyfish.

The op is quite absurd. Lots of memorable and powerful Digimon make an appearance. It's also a fun bop.

2:

Evolution theme is spot on like always, but it was missing an acompanying fight scene. Turns out Mummymon is quite amicable when you get him to stop wrapping people up for half a second.

Episode 2:
I'm glad they didn't let the main characters actually beat an ultimate level Digimon already just by main character power, that's definitely a point in the show's favor for me. The idea of mummymon just wanting to help but being terribly misinformed about human medical practices was pretty interesting.

So... who wants to bet that the weird jumpy guy with the bandage arm is weird and jumpy (and possibly also bandaged) because he's already met a digimon? It would certainly explain a lot, like why he would only open his door a crack when the main guy came by and seemed to be keeping it dark inside...

4:
This was another cute episode.
But man, having Pumpmon stabbing some eyes and mouth with a knife into the pumpkin that has been stuck on the head of terrified kids is really frigging frightening in a PG way.

Episode 2:
I'm glad they didn't let the main characters actually beat an ultimate level Digimon already just by main character power, that's definitely a point in the show's favor for me. The idea of mummymon just wanting to help but being terribly misinformed about human medical practices was pretty interesting.

So... who wants to bet that the weird jumpy guy with the bandage arm is weird and jumpy (and possibly also bandaged) because he's already met a digimon? It would certainly explain a lot, like why he would only open his door a crack when the main guy came by and seemed to be keeping it dark inside...
I think a lot of stuff was spoiled in the OP if u think of it XD Digimon is for kids so the general plot twists and main trio introduction aren't too complicated :duck:

I wish this was available on bigger distribution so more American kids would watch it. It's pretty cute overall and the Digimon designs are nice!

That's it, I made it 10 episodes in but I'm just completely uninterested. There's nothing I'd point to to claim shit but that's mainly because while I'm "watching" the episode I legit cannot pay attention. I forget the show is even playing. I once went to the bathroom, came back to me desk and went "oh right I was watching something" as the video was playing because... I forgot to pause.

10:
Even if the animation was notably stiff, this was an excellent episode, excellent Jellymon-sama, and excellent Chadshiro. Now that we see someone other than Gammamon do it, I'm really liking GG's approach to evolution stock animation. Quick dynamic camera work, a sick key-animation pose from the lads, and then a few brief segments of the actual evolution itself. It's great and I vastly prefer it to the 20-40 second ones of the past.

Last edited:
This series has been getting a bit bolder as of late
what with the Digimon now just outright killing people. This last one with Archnemon slurping down some human brains just off-screen is probably the nastiest any Digimon series has gotten

We're 50 episodes in. Can someone remind me if there's any story?
Because, honestly, nothing happened since the start of the Anime almost 1 year ago...

We're 50 episodes in. Can someone remind me if there's any story?
Because, honestly, nothing happened since the start of the Anime almost 1 year ago...
Who cares? We'll get one when we get one (and by getting a story, I don't mean just the slightest bit of foreshadowing every couple dozen episodes).

I feel like like the mystery of GulusGammamon or the blasck Digimon hasn't been expanded on that much and we're past 55 episodes

especially since he's only appeared 3 times in the entire series and only talked about a few times

I feel like like the mystery of GulusGammamon or the blasck Digimon hasn't been expanded on that much and we're past 55 episodes

especially since he's only appeared 3 times in the entire series and only talked about a few times
This is why you should never let yourself get strung for the sake of mystery boxes. They'll get to it when they get to it and I'm still OK with that.

Back