Latest Thought 2: 2 Thought 2 Furious

What is the best pizza topping?

• Total voters
Vacation be so close I can taste it.

4HJYhD4.gif
Jokes on all of you, I'm still unemployed, so every day is vacation here

tbh i always thought people who praised childhood as the best time of your life were full of shit because my childhood was so awful and from what i witnessed, so were a lot of fucking people's

but im beginning to think they might be right, because if your childhood and your youth is wasted than surely the adulthood to follow is also shit - and the thing is, adulthood is even longer (...usually)

time to be a dog and spend all your free time on capitalism and live in your 20s while seeing your few friends once a month as you don't make enough money to rent a place where you were born because everything has been built into mansions around your family home and the economy is shite

yar har

getting an MRI because the left side of my body's going numb, but hey on the bright side: free healthcare

i mean only the bright side in relativity to america because honestly i think canada's healthcare system only ever ends up looking good in comparison to south of the border mostly but like

still, one must try

edit: actually i don't even know, maybe things have improved there and MRIs are free and good now which would be great actually i have no concept of how it works

tbh i always thought people who praised childhood as the best time of your life were full of shit because my childhood was so awful and from what i witnessed, so were a lot of fucking people's

but im beginning to think they might be right, because if your childhood and your youth is wasted than surely the adulthood to follow is also shit - and the thing is, adulthood is even longer (...usually)

time to be a dog and spend all your free time on capitalism and live in your 20s while seeing your few friends once a month as you don't make enough money to rent a place where you were born because everything has been built into mansions around your family home and the economy is shite

yar har
Strong disagree on childhood being the best time of our life.
But I do think youth is wasted on the young.

LT: I installed Windows 11 today. It's not terrible but I wonder what the point of it is. At least the setup went fairly quick! The new start menu is... okay I guess. It's better than Windows 10's later start menu (I liked Windows 10's initial start menu but they changed it in a later update and it sucked), but for it to work well you have to go and organize it a bit. I think that was the point of the new start menu, customizing it so you can easily access your commonly used programs with just around 2-3 clicks or so.

Everything else is a bit weird. For starters my Bluetooth got a bit fucked up. I went to play some Clone Hero and for some reason I was getting severe controller lag, turned out the update made the Bluetooth default to my onboard motherboard Bluetooth yet again. After fighting with Device manager for a while I finally got it in working order, I had to make it so that the "intel bluetooth" had that yellow error triangle while "generic bluetooth radio" was normal. Everything else is just weird. The right-click menu changed the cut, paste, etc options to little images instead of text. I don't get it, I'm perfectly capable of reading the text but now I have to decipher these images and it's kinda silly. At least if you hold your mouse over the buttons it tells you what they are but eh. Also can't seem to adjust the size of my taskbar without editing the registry, and most of the design choices just remind me of old versions of Mac OS X (and they said Vista was the Mac ripoff!).

As long as it plays all my games normally I'm fine. Pinning all my launchers and other such things to the new start menu makes it much faster to access them, so there's that.
i just recently got a new computer with Windows 10 on it, and i dont like the start menu at all.
i feel with most new things or updates, stuff gets more complicated and/or unlogical.

i just recently got a new computer with Windows 10 on it, and i dont like the start menu at all.
i feel with most new things or updates, stuff gets more complicated and/or unlogical.
I agree. I'd say until XP things were at least consistent, Vista was... Vista and 7 was thankfully much better (though reinstalling it was a nightmare due to the sheer number of updates over the years).

I'm really not the biggest fan of how microsoft insists on "reinventing the wheel" so to speak. From Windows 8 onwards it's been like that for me. If it were up to me I'd be going back to the good ol' days of windows 98/XP dual boot but sadly I need to be able to play newer games.

yar har

Ah, my life, the post. Except the mansion part, even the wealthy would find it difficult to finance something like that around here. You look at prices for new apartments nowadays and it's topping $2k/mo for a studio, $2700 for a one-bedroom and I'm just going "who in the holy hell are these buildings for? It'd take a well-earning DINK household just to pay that rent. As a single person homeownership or, hell, even renting alone is way, way out of reach and a veritable pipe dream. Sure, childhood and adolescence were ass but at least I didn't have as many bills.

I've tried to get into black metal before but I never 100% gelled with it, there's some that I like but for the most part I think it might be a little too "hard" for me to listen to casually. However, on a whim I decided to check out some doom metal and turns out I like that a lot more.

yar har

Childhood sucked. Would never want to be a kid again, no way, no how. I had no freedom, basically grew up in a cult, and when I hit my teens I thought I was going insane and actually kind of hoped I was demon possessed because OCD hit me with a vengeance and I became unable to do almost anything without repeating it endlessly. At least with possession I thought there might be the possibility of an exorcism and I could be normal. But my childhood was pretty good, all things considered. Still, even with me living with my parents now, hundreds of miles away from all of my friends and not making enough to survive on my own, I have freedom. So- in the same boat as the rest of you guys. *laughs in jaded young-adult*

Ah, my life, the post. Except the mansion part, even the wealthy would find it difficult to finance something like that around here. You look at prices for new apartments nowadays and it's topping $2k/mo for a studio, $2700 for a one-bedroom and I'm just going "who in the holy hell are these buildings for? It'd take a well-earning DINK household just to pay that rent. As a single person homeownership or, hell, even renting alone is way, way out of reach and a veritable pipe dream. Sure, childhood and adolescence were ass but at least I didn't have as many bills.
oh, the apartments here are overpriced too. that's why it's impossible to find anything. and then they build even more apartments for only people with ridiculous amounts of money. same question: who is it for, and how do people ever afford to live here. realistically in an economy like this, you're always a few bad decisions away from being homeless. i can't imagine i'll ever own a home of my own, either.

actually my older brother is only saved from homelessness by my mom paying for him to stay in hotels during covid, which is probably our biggest family expenses right now. but our funds may soon reach an end, so I really wonder... well the answer is, he would be homeless if not for it, a lot of people are.

the truth of the matter is just that my family wouldn't have been able to afford to live in this area if they hadn't been living here for so long already. i live in a crowded urban area, so the fact of the matter is that there's always someone rich enough to do some stupid shit.

Strong disagree on childhood being the best time of our life.
But I do think youth is wasted on the young.
fair

Childhood sucked. Would never want to be a kid again, no way, no how. I had no freedom, basically grew up in a cult, and when I hit my teens I thought I was going insane and actually kind of hoped I was demon possessed because OCD hit me with a vengeance and I became unable to do almost anything without repeating it endlessly. At least with possession I thought there might be the possibility of an exorcism and I could be normal. But my childhood was pretty good, all things considered. Still, even with me living with my parents now, hundreds of miles away from all of my friends and not making enough to survive on my own, I have freedom. So- in the same boat as the rest of you guys. *laughs in jaded young-adult*
yeah, my childhood also sucked. I won't lie, I was basically raised by the internet and to some extent it shows. my family gave me warped ideas about social interactions, and I'm also autistic so I was miles behind my peers in playing social mind games. But at this stage of my life, I've accepted that I'll come off as an unusual person no matter what. Because I am unusual. Both in my experiences (which when compiled, few people fully believe), in my interests and in my personality. Not a benefit, but not a full loss either, is what it is.

I'm sorry about your teens. Mental health stuff makes everything harder, I know that feeling even if not with OCD. I'm glad you have more freedom than you did before, too.

LT:
me: I can function as an adult
also me: burns hand over making ramen

Is life judging what I consider dinner?

*cue to my roommate forcing me to buy stuff to treat a minor, very minor burn*

It's right up there with "university is the best time of your life". Big nope. I'd rather go back to being a kid again than to be 19 again. *shudders*

yar har
You see your friends once a month? How? I haven't seen mine since the beginning of summer. Hell, I see my own brother like twice a year now.

My childhood was good.

Well, I wasn't allowed to consume virtually any media at all except for sonic the hedgehog, mario, and... uh... uuuhhhh...

but, you might even say that made it better.

Always had a problem with my teachers though. The principal's office was like a second home.

Last edited:
Back