Daily Anime Thoughts

Bruh, Dorohedoro (the anime) had 0 story. All the story starts after the 40ish chapter of the manga, 42nd, or 44th and it is bloody awesome. (Where the anime ended.)
Lmao, people probably would say that, and even if that was true it's not worth getting through season 1 with no direction for anything, and just shock value and weirdness for the sake of it, to get to any actual story

DAT

Hot take: Nanatsu no Taizai's most recent seasons are actually still pretty decent and if you watch the netflix releases of the seasons which are touched up from their original format, it doesn't even look bad at all.

The show is literally just medieval fantasy dragon ball. What's not to enjoy?
Nanatsu is simply good from beginning to the end. Every season was worth it. What did happen were just some animation issues during some episodes but even that wont kill your enjoyement if you are a true fan and have a little of an open mind to accept that. As someone who always read the manga even before the anime comming out and read it till the end while anime was being launched, i can only say that its an amazing series.

Nanatsu is simply good from beginning to the end. Every season was worth it. What did happen were just some animation issues during some episodes but even that wont kill your enjoyement if you are a true fan and have a little of an open mind to accept that. As someone who always read the manga even before the anime comming out and read it till the end while anime was being launched, i can only say that its an amazing series.
Yeah I mean there were also animation issues during dragon ball Z's production and that's considered a fuckin classic so I don't really get people writing it off just for that. I mean I don't even think it's the best anime ever, and it could stand to improve, but they had the balls to do unique plot twists and actually show characters evolve overtime, and it's pretty cool. I do think Black Clover has a better story and fights though in terms of fantasy battle anime, but Nanatsu's characters are honestly pretty great in terms of battle shounen and they deserve some recognition.

I mean it's had the same number of seasons as My Hero Academia and shit actually goes somewhere as opposed to the latter so.

DAT/DMT: So the author of Golgo 13 just passed away. It was basically the longest-running manga of all time, and the #2 best selling manga of all time behind One Piece.
It's a pretty damn important series in the history of anime and manga, but it having existed for a whole generation by the time the west took interest in manga means it never really got any proper translation.
At least this does not seem to be a Murata situation, as apparently he'd left notes for how the series should be wrapped up, and the story was pretty episodic overall.

And of course Gintama had an entire episode parodying it

Guys, I can't do it. I can't bring myself to watch the last Evangelion rebuild. The franchise has been a part of my anime viewing life since the start and I'm not sure I'm ready to be done with it yet.

Ngl, when the 4th movie ended I legitimately ended up crying knowing it was all over with all my feels. It's obvious when you watch this movie as a reflection of Anno's mental state, he is in a better place in his life, moving forward, and some people may not like that compared to the original Eva where it's coming from a different place but it feels liberating to see Anno as a happier person and I loved it. I think it was a very poignant way to end a franchise.

DAT: I feel like I've only watched crap this year. Someone recommend me something that I would actually, genuinely like for a change.

Maiden Rose will change your life.

====================

RcFRwQQ.png

Never mind me. I am just getting ready for the new season of Baki.

Last edited:
Page 2021 LESSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lmao, people probably would say that, and even if that was true it's not worth getting through season 1 with no direction for anything, and just shock value and weirdness for the sake of it, to get to any actual story
Tastes differ.

DAT/DMT: So the author of Golgo 13 just passed away. It was basically the longest-running manga of all time, and the #2 best selling manga of all time behind One Piece.
It's a pretty damn important series in the history of anime and manga, but it having existed for a whole generation by the time the west took interest in manga means it never really got any proper translation.
At least this does not seem to be a Murata situation, as apparently he'd left notes for how the series should be wrapped up, and the story was pretty episodic overall.

And of course Gintama had an entire episode parodying it
Ngl, this was one of the best parodies in Gintama. Never before had I laughed so hard that I had a stomach ache for the next two hours. F. P.S. I hope that instead of conquering mars, the humanity will finally find the fucking cure of this *^%^$.

Ngl, when the 4th movie ended I legitimately ended up crying knowing it was all over with all my feels. It's obvious when you watch this movie as a reflection of Anno's mental state, he is in a better place in his life, moving forward, and some people may not like that compared to the original Eva where it's coming from a different place but it feels liberating to see Anno as a happier person and I loved it. I think it was a very poignant way to end a franchise.
Hate it or love it, the last movie gave one hell of a development for Gendo and I loved it. But, yeah, understanding that it was the last movie was kinda painful.
1KkmCQ7.jpg

I've heard Mobile Suit Victory Gundam is considered one of the more polarizing Gundam series but is that solely because of its dark tone or are there other factors to it?

Victory Gundam's writing is just atrociously bad and it's most infamously known for the bikini babe assault squad part:

It practically becomes parody at this point with how dumb it is, Tomino was at a very low point in his life.

I've heard Mobile Suit Victory Gundam is considered one of the more polarizing Gundam series but is that solely because of its dark tone or are there other factors to it?

Tomino was depressed because he wanna do non-Gundam things. Bandai was pressuring him and rejecting his ideas because they wanna sell toys so he intentionally sabotaged it.

It worked.

When the DVDs were released, he told fans not to buy them.

Banger openings though. V Gundam's second op is a favorite of mine.

Some of the mecha designs, especially the main suits were great. The V2 is just really cool, especially it's MSV variants. The Zanscare Empire suits can eat shit though. Fucking motorcycles. FUCKING MOTORCYCLES.

Last edited:
DAT:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...2021-late-night-anime-theyre-most-excited-for

Japanese fans once again, showing their taste in animu is complete trash. Komi-san as only number 9 IS UNACCEPTABLE TO ME:

JopZpBd.png

Huh. I didn't expect Kyoukai Senki being listed that high.

Aside from the involvement of Ippei Gyoubou, nothing about Kyoukai Senki seem very noteworthy. Everything about it seems...safe. I guess they have that much faith with Sunrise's new Studio Beyond. Though it kinda bugs me it's above Eighty-Six.

DAT:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...2021-late-night-anime-theyre-most-excited-for

Japanese fans once again, showing their taste in animu is complete trash. Komi-san as only number 9 IS UNACCEPTABLE TO ME:

JopZpBd.png
tbh expecting anything decent to get no 1 is always kind of a lost cause

but I'm happy to see Ousama Ranking at number 8, that spells good things to me. It's usually the kind of thing I might not see much of a blip of

putting Ousama Ranking and Komi-san aside, nothing really catches my eye. eh

DAT: I feel like I've only watched crap this year. Someone recommend me something that I would actually, genuinely like for a change.

Well, I always like to recommend Tropical-Rouge! Pretty Cure, which is currently airing and needs a lot more love. If you like a joyful show with magical girls and genuine sweetness it's probably for you.

I noticed you want to watch Nichijou and I highly recommend that one too. It's absolutely hilarious.

Back