What made or ruined your day?

WMMD: Managed to get the apartment I wanted, and WITHOUT a bidding war!
Thank goodness! My old studio apartment was fucking up my ability to separate freetime from worktime and sleep time, and the way it had me staring into a blank wall of the next apartment building was just depressing.
This new one is on a top floor, is five square meters larger, and actually has a sleeping alcove to let me have bedtime be distinct from the rest of the day.
It has an actual proper kitchen wall that's not claustrophobic, and a bigger dishwasher.
It's also not right next to the highway, so the air quality may well be better, and I won't have to be afraid of keeping the windows open. Oh, and I can actually open all the windows.

Super crucially, I can now actually host dnd sessions from my home, and the placement is excellently neutral for this city as far as player travel is concerned.
Now I'll be able to reasonably use my terrain minis that can be prearranged on trays.

Sounds nice! Congrats and hope you enjoy it!

WMMD: Managed to get the apartment I wanted, and WITHOUT a bidding war!
Thank goodness! My old studio apartment was fucking up my ability to separate freetime from worktime and sleep time, and the way it had me staring into a blank wall of the next apartment building was just depressing.
This new one is on a top floor, is five square meters larger, and actually has a sleeping alcove to let me have bedtime be distinct from the rest of the day.
It has an actual proper kitchen wall that's not claustrophobic, and a bigger dishwasher.
It's also not right next to the highway, so the air quality may well be better, and I won't have to be afraid of keeping the windows open. Oh, and I can actually open all the windows.

Super crucially, I can now actually host dnd sessions from my home, and the placement is excellently neutral for this city as far as player travel is concerned.
Now I'll be able to reasonably use my terrain minis that can be prearranged on trays.
tenor.gif

That's kick ass dude. :drinking:

WRMD: I'm in charge of the store again tonight. And true to form, just like every other night I'm in charge, it's a fucking shit-show. God shits in my dinner once again.

WRMD: Thought I'd settle in this morning and watch the first day of Judo in the olympics, log into my BBC sport account, only to find that they're only showing the sports that they're also showing live on TV, have a good look around and there's definitely nothing else there, no sports selection or anything. Do a bit of digging and see that the only way to watch Judo this year is either through a eurosport/discovery+ subscription, or just pray that the BBC decides to show it.

Firstly, I'm pretty sickened that any of the olympics is behind a paywall for anyone to see it anywhere in the world. Secondly, I'm sick of everything being on some kind of subscription service, when you're paying out for 5-6 of them already, it starts to get fucking expensive.

WRMD: Not even halfway into this Lyft ride and this lunatic of a driver has almost gotten us into two accidents. I'd get out and hail another ride but ya boi has to be in the office in 6 minutes.

w m m d:

one of my regular customers is moving out of state and she stopped by to get her car serviced and say goodbye to me. it was really nice to see her, and im happy shes going elsewhere to live a better life. I told her i wished her well and she told me she felt she had found a friend in me and hoooooo boy i cried!! for the first time at work!!! i do not have the emotional stability for this!!! im too sentimental to handle this, good grief. i scurried to the bathroom to compose myself but just thinking about it makes me tear up. people are so unexpectedly kind sometimes. customer service can be so shitty most of the time, and ill happily complain about the things i hate dealing with at my job, but im grateful to have met the amazing people i have. having people rooting for you hits different

WRMD: it's been 2 damn days and my leg still hurts, i cant walk properly and going up 'n down the stairs is a fucking pain.

WMMD (The past couple of days): There's so much I want to say, but to put it somewhat briefly, I'm going to be making 2 irl friends very soon. I'm extremely happy, but also hecking nervous, because social anxiety, and the past couple attempts with different people didn't go well. (One judged one of my diagnosis', and the other one was...well, let's just say they got obsessive... Smh. :pokerface: ) But I'm very hopeful for the ones that I'll be meeting, since one of them is basically a guy version of me, except he talks a lot lol. (Which is great for me, considering I'm pretty much a mute irl, unless you ask me something or bring up a topic that's interest related. :P )

So yeah, wish me luck this week, cause idk the exact date I'm seeing them yet.

WMMD (The past couple of days): There's so much I want to say, but to put it somewhat briefly, I'm going to be making 2 irl friends very soon. I'm extremely happy, but also hecking nervous, because social anxiety, and the past couple attempts with different people didn't go well. (One judged one of my diagnosis', and the other one was...well, let's just say they got obsessive... Smh. :pokerface: ) But I'm very hopeful for the ones that I'll be meeting, since one of them is basically a guy version of me, except he talks a lot lol. (Which is great for me, considering I'm pretty much a mute irl, unless you ask me something or bring up a topic that's interest related. :P )

So yeah, wish me luck this week, cause idk the exact date I'm seeing them yet.

Oh wow, that's great. Hope it goes well. Best of luck to you.

w r m d:

love how i owned that shitty ford focus for years and it narrowly survived having a car roll into it and had multiple rocks slam into the windshield & nothing ever happened to it but i own my brand new car FOUR MONTHS and my windshield gets cracked on the highway. what the fuck, dude.

w r m d:

love how i owned that shitty ford focus for years and it narrowly survived having a car roll into it and had multiple rocks slam into the windshield & nothing ever happened to it but i own my brand new car FOUR MONTHS and my windshield gets cracked on the highway. what the fuck, dude.
WHAT THE FUCK

The hell is that windshield even made out of in your new car?

w r m d:

Damn, that sucks. What broke your window?

w r m d:

Oh wow, what brand was it? That's wild

WHAT THE FUCK

The hell is that windshield even made out of in your new car?

its just how it be when youre driving on the highway @ 80+ miles an hour. also probably the shape of my car being an SUV makes it worse.
Damn, that sucks. What broke your window?

my bet is that it was a rock that got caught in the tire of the car in front of me, and it got kicked up and became a fuckin' missile that slapped into my windshield at the speed of light.

we've been having problems in the particular area i was in where people have been shooting BB guns at people's cars while theyre driving on highways. i dont think that it was someone shooting my windshield, the opposite side of the highway was blocked from view and i was in the fast lane, unless it was a pellet shot out randomly or something. Its really hard to say at that speed. I have a dashcam but i doubt it would catch something like that.
Oh wow, what brand was it? That's wild
its a kia. I dont really blame the manufacturer for road debris, its just bad luck on my end. only thing that sucks is most auto manufacturers dont cover glass damages under warranties.

w m m d:

speaking of that windshield debacle, i was able to find a local, small business who had a windshield repair deal on groupon. got it fixed for $30! safelite would have charged me $118. bless small businesses.

its just how it be when youre driving on the highway @ 80+ miles an hour. also probably the shape of my car being an SUV makes it worse.

my bet is that it was a rock that got caught in the tire of the car in front of me, and it got kicked up and became a fuckin' missile that slapped into my windshield at the speed of light.

we've been having problems in the particular area i was in where people have been shooting BB guns at people's cars while theyre driving on highways. i dont think that it was someone shooting my windshield, the opposite side of the highway was blocked from view and i was in the fast lane, unless it was a pellet shot out randomly or something. Its really hard to say at that speed. I have a dashcam but i doubt it would catch something like that.

its a kia. I dont really blame the manufacturer for road debris, its just bad luck on my end. only thing that sucks is most auto manufacturers dont cover glass damages under warranties.

w m m d:

speaking of that windshield debacle, i was able to find a local, small business who had a windshield repair deal on groupon. got it fixed for $30! safelite would have charged me $118. bless small businesses.
WTF. I can't believe people are shooting BB guns at cars. That's so dangerous. I'm guessing that it's probaly either middle schoolers or teenagers.

I'm glad that you were able to find such a cheap deal on windshields. Small businesses are a blessing

Back