What made or ruined your day?

Mostly off subject but it's cool that you're going to Law school. My mother is 4L right now. One of the things she hated about the LSAT was the Logic Games because some of the rules/explanation/formatting they had for the games made no sense to her. She understood the laws but the games were what annoyed her.

Well, let's not put the cart before the horse. I still have to take the exam. I'm aiming for NYU or Columbia but their admission criteria is in the bloody stratosphere.

Well, let's not put the cart before the horse. I still have to take the exam. I'm aiming for NYU or Columbia but their admission criteria is in the bloody stratosphere.

Oop, wasn't thinking. Wish you luck on it. Did you get the hang of the Logic Games in the practice tests though?

Wow. That's an impressive compliment on what a good impression you make at your job. I hope you take advantage of the recommendations and give it a shot. I'm really happy for you! Keep us posted of new developments.
thank you so much !!

-----

w m m d:

finally a day off!! worked about 12 days straight and during the intense heatwaves that have been going on. fuck summer. please bring winter back asap

WRMD: Does the annoying litany of random bullshit I have to buy never fucking end? Had to buy speakers for my PC in order to hear the proctor for the LSAT because headphones aren't allowed (obviously). Had to buy a hex key set because the hex keys I have on hand don't fit my new kickstand and I can't attach it to my bike and I need more torque than a spanner can provide in that situation. Some of the wood supports under my bed have started to crack after half a decade so I have to go to the lumber yard and get new lumber supports. It never fucking ends.

Yep, it never ends. Please never stop posting about it either, because it's so entertaining. At least we're getting something out of your pain- wait, is this what schadenfreude truly means? I kid, I kid. 3:D Anyway, I'm surprised that right after paying your school loans off you're ready to jump back in, but I'm happy you're moving forward. Would hate to see you stuck in corporate hell forever.

WRMD (more like, it's very annoying): I just bought the two seasons of Gundam IBO because it was on sale for the best price I can remember, and not a week later, they announce an exclusive complete series boxset- and for less than I paid for the individual seasons.

WMMD: My hex key set arrived, which meant I could finalize some more upgrades to my bike. Something tells me I'm gonna look like Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding by the time I'm done bolting shit to this frame.

WMMD: My hex key set arrived, which meant I could finalize some more upgrades to my bike. Something tells me I'm gonna look like Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding by the time I'm done bolting shit to this frame.

I just spent the last hour reading articles on Death Stranding, lol. Never heard of it before but fascinating story. Anyway, everything you add to your bike also increases its weight- although, do you have a motor? That would be handy.

I just spent the last hour reading articles on Death Stranding, lol. Never heard of it before but fascinating story. Anyway, everything you add to your bike also increases its weight- although, do you have a motor? That would be handy.

The weight is only a marginal issue, really. Most of the parts I've been bolting on weigh less than a pound. I still have to see how riding with a full load would affect my balance and handling but I've ridden with an overstuffed rucksack before and it didn't really affect anything other than my body's range of motion, so I should probably buy some mirrors. But I'll be taking some long-distance test rides and endurance runs before next year. I was mostly referring to just how bulky all this shit is going to be, lol.

Also no on the motor front. I ride a hybrid mountain-road bike, not an e-bike, so a motor isn't included. Don't really see the need. Maybe I'll change my tune once I hit my inclined terrain test run up to Bear Mountain next spring, but right now I'm focused on testing the handling dynamics of a short-distance ride with moderate load and, hopefully by the end of the year, a 1/3 day endurance ride up to Upstate New York.

The weight is only a marginal issue, really. Most of the parts I've been bolting on weigh less than a pound. I still have to see how riding with a full load would affect my balance and handling but I've ridden with an overstuffed rucksack before and it didn't really affect anything other than my body's range of motion, so I should probably buy some mirrors. But I'll be taking some long-distance test rides and endurance runs before next year. I was mostly referring to just how bulky all this shit is going to be, lol.

Also no on the motor front. I ride a hybrid mountain-road bike, not an e-bike, so a motor isn't included. Don't really see the need. Maybe I'll change my tune once I hit my inclined terrain test run up to Bear Mountain next spring, but right now I'm focused on testing the handling dynamics of a short-distance ride with moderate load and, hopefully by the end of the year, a 1/3 day endurance ride up to Upstate New York.

Oh, I figured as much- it's amazing how they can make everything so lightweight these days. Are you training for a race or something?

Oh, I figured as much- it's amazing how they can make everything so lightweight these days. Are you training for a race or something?

I think on the LT thread I made an offhand comment that if I kept getting fucked over by corporate that I would just book a room on a ship to Southampton and take a bicycle tour of the UK. Then I thought about it and honestly that sounds like a pretty fucking awesome once-in-a-lifetime type of adventure (plus I already wanted to do the same thing with the Shimanami Kaido in Japan but the logistics of that trip are way more complicated than just crossing the Atlantic from New York). I want to do it, but I realize that the cost would be pretty significant and the amount of modifications I need to make on my bike and supply preparations would be ridiculous, so we'll see.

Worst comes to worst, I just end up doing the NYC Bicycle Tour in 2022 with my best friend (he's getting into cycling too and he's been wanting me to ride with him for awhile now. Except I'm much more experienced than he is in terms of endurance riding so it'd kind of be a tutor-mentee relationship more than a friendly ride). I could register for the 2021 NYC tour, but I still have to pay law school application fees in September so I need that money for that purpose and I can't just drop $120 to ride through all five boroughs for a day.

I think on the LT thread I made an offhand comment that if I kept getting fucked over by corporate that I would just book a room on a ship to Southampton and take a bicycle tour of the UK. Then I thought about it and honestly that sounds like a pretty fucking awesome once-in-a-lifetime type of adventure (plus I already wanted to do the same thing with the Shimanami Kaido in Japan but the logistics of that trip are way more complicated than just crossing the Atlantic from New York). I want to do it, but I realize that the cost would be pretty significant and the amount of modifications I need to make on my bike and supply preparations would be ridiculous, so we'll see.

Worst comes to worst, I just end up doing the NYC Bicycle Tour in 2022 with my best friend (he's getting into cycling too and he's been wanting me to ride with him for awhile now. Except I'm much more experienced than he is in terms of endurance riding so it'd kind of be a tutor-mentee relationship more than a friendly ride). I could register for the 2021 NYC tour, but I still have to pay law school application fees in September so I need that money for that purpose and I can't just drop $120 to ride through all five boroughs for a day.

Oh right! I remember that comment. Glad you're thinking about it, at any rate. Whatever you end up doing, it'll be an experience to remember.

WMMD: Oh my God. That new story I posted? The fanartist whose picture gave me the idea liked it so much they want to draw a picture based on my story. AN ARTIST WANTS TO DRAW ART OF ONE OF MY FICS. That is like, the dream right there. That someone likes one of my little stories enough they wanna make art of it.

Oh, I think I'm gonna cry...I won't, because I'm too tough. But you get the idea. Oh, it's a good day.

WMMD: Oh my God. That new story I posted? The fanartist whose picture gave me the idea liked it so much they want to draw a picture based on my story. AN ARTIST WANTS TO DRAW ART OF ONE OF MY FICS. That is like, the dream right there. That someone likes one of my little stories enough they wanna make art of it.

Oh, I think I'm gonna cry...I won't, because I'm too tough. But you get the idea. Oh, it's a good day.
Congrats man, glad your fic resonated with them. It's cool when people inspire each other creatively online.

I imagined if my cat was a pretty lady and we held hands and got married. She is a good quiet cook and I buy her flowers, our son is going to a prestigious university and trains mma with Joe Rogan. He has killed many burglars and is paid a six figure salary by NASA to keep the country safe. He will build a very powerful stock portfolio and we will co-invest in bitcoin and Nokia. We are very, very rich.

WMMD: Managed to get the apartment I wanted, and WITHOUT a bidding war!
Thank goodness! My old studio apartment was fucking up my ability to separate freetime from worktime and sleep time, and the way it had me staring into a blank wall of the next apartment building was just depressing.
This new one is on a top floor, is five square meters larger, and actually has a sleeping alcove to let me have bedtime be distinct from the rest of the day.
It has an actual proper kitchen wall that's not claustrophobic, and a bigger dishwasher.
It's also not right next to the highway, so the air quality may well be better, and I won't have to be afraid of keeping the windows open. Oh, and I can actually open all the windows.

Super crucially, I can now actually host dnd sessions from my home, and the placement is excellently neutral for this city as far as player travel is concerned.
Now I'll be able to reasonably use my terrain minis that can be prearranged on trays.

WMMD: Managed to get the apartment I wanted, and WITHOUT a bidding war!
Thank goodness! My old studio apartment was fucking up my ability to separate freetime from worktime and sleep time, and the way it had me staring into a blank wall of the next apartment building was just depressing.
This new one is on a top floor, is five square meters larger, and actually has a sleeping alcove to let me have bedtime be distinct from the rest of the day.
It has an actual proper kitchen wall that's not claustrophobic, and a bigger dishwasher.
It's also not right next to the highway, so the air quality may well be better, and I won't have to be afraid of keeping the windows open. Oh, and I can actually open all the windows.

Super crucially, I can now actually host dnd sessions from my home, and the placement is excellently neutral for this city as far as player travel is concerned.
Now I'll be able to reasonably use my terrain minis that can be prearranged on trays.
Cobgrats! Sounds like a better living situation and hope that it goes well for you :baka:

Back