Shows carried by a single character

468ead98-s.jpg

#WhyWerentYouInMoreEpisodes

Reactions: Zed
Time to be predictable again:
1- Dorian from Baki, the show was never the same after he showed up, and none of the other villains was as fun.
2- Kenny from AOT3, because when a guy plays cowboy and fucks with everyone when they're busy talking uninteresting politics there is no way he wouldn't stand out.
3- Nidaime from Eccentric Family S2, because of his badass way of dealing with his daddy issues.

Rokurouta SAKURAGI (Bro) from "Rainbow Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin". Not only was he the most important character in the anime...
the anime went downhill after his death.

Please remember to use spoiler tags.

Rokurouta was great, but I wouldn't say he carried the show. Rainbow had a strong ensemble cast.

- I managed to survive Junjou Romantica thanks to Shinobu.
- The most charming character in Go! Go! 575 was the cat.
- The sole character worth getting attached to in Hanayaka Nari Waga Ichizoku Kinetograph was Hiroshi.
- Tatsukichi was the only character in MM! who was both likable and got some character development.
- Sanada was literally the only Plastic Nee-san character who didn't make me cringe.

Manga bonus:
- I would've dropped Codename Sailor V if Toshio hadn't been in it.
- All characters in Legal Drug were boring except Kazahaya.

The only show that keeps unfortunately popping up in my mind is A.Z and Slaine cause he was the only character who had any real struggle and he knows how to use his facial muscles and also knows what emotions are! Especially in the second season all his scenes were way better than Robo-kun's.

Hm, seems I've been fortunate in that none are coming to mind...the only thing I can think of is just the Soul Society collective from Bleach, but that's not really one character.

Fruits basket's Final Season, entirely carried by akito. But she carried it so hard that I still gave it a 9/10

Also this season, Dynazenon I would say was carried by Gauma, although he didn't do enough heavy lifting because the show was still disappointing.

He truly is the best.
And his death will always be a metric ton of complete bullshit.
He will always be in our heart.
Damn I am not ready mentally to watch the next arc knowing he isn't around anymore. Askeladd>Thorfinn until new season proves me otherwise.

This character:

txHl3Cw.gif

f45b2a55130f06b82de9e11a032af614.gif

When he first showed up I hated him, but right now where the show is, he ABSOLUTELY carries Demon Slayer. He became less annoying and more entertaining over time, and now he's just the show's single only source of genuinely funny comedy because he's just ridiculous and does a ton of unexpected shit all the time which is what comedy should really be, and what this anime was missing from the first arc all the way until mugen train. He breaks every anatomical rule a human being can have just for plot and comedic effect and is just generally fun to watch. Though he did take some time to get there.

Lala Hagoromo: the only good thing about Star Twinkle Precure.

Trash Tsundermaid/Megalomanaical Mackrel/Egoist Eel/Laura App-something-or-other-fuck-it-her-name-is-too-long: the one standout in the otherwise blah Tropical Rouge Precure.

100279.gif

I don't think the rest of the cast of Ergo Proxy is bad, but I don't think the show would have any form of success without Pino. Pino is "the heart" of the show. In a grim world of adults mired in their own problems, Pino is warm and optimistic and funny. She has her own storyline about humanity, innocence and awareness and has depth while also alleviating the dark tone of the series and making it all flow together.

mNyZcU7.gif
JTsR0aZ.jpg
CzfDNIv.png

Just watched through Kiss Him, Not Me and I gotta say, Mutsumi is the hard carry king of this show. With the other love interests of Kae's reverse harem ranging from:
  • outright fatphobic and primarily interested in Kae for her looks (I wish that were an exaggeration but it's genuinely not)
  • manipulative POS who repeatedly pushes Kae into doing "romantic" physical gestures with him, training her to compromise her boundaries more and more his sake (it's never about what she wants, she's expected to tolerate what he wants)
  • an awesome lesbian character who I was actually rooting for--until the show bungles her in the final hour with some weird, manipulative, almost out-of-character behavior
Within a whole bunch of messiness, Mutsumi is the one thing that the show never drops the ball on. He's consistently funny, sweet, and respectful of Kae's physical and emotional boundaries (a trait that's sadly a rare commodity amongst the cast). They share a genuine connection that always shines through. Mutsumi's the one who makes the cast feel like an actual group of friends and not a strange collection of people tolerating each other because they all like the same person. I probably would've dropped the show if he wasn't in it. Best Boy.

mNyZcU7.gif
JTsR0aZ.jpg
CzfDNIv.png

Just watched through Kiss Him, Not Me and I gotta say, Mutsumi is the hard carry king of this show. With the other love interests of Kae's reverse harem ranging from:
  • outright fatphobic and primarily interested in Kae for her looks (I wish that were an exaggeration but it's genuinely not)
  • manipulative POS who repeatedly pushes Kae into doing "romantic" physical gestures with him, training her to compromise her boundaries more and more his sake (it's never about what she wants, she's expected to tolerate what he wants)
  • an awesome lesbian character who I was actually rooting for--until the show bungles her in the final hour with some weird, manipulative, almost out-of-character behavior
Within a whole bunch of messiness, Mutsumi is the one thing that the show never drops the ball on. He's consistently funny, sweet, and respectful of Kae's physical and emotional boundaries (a trait that's sadly a rare commodity amongst the cast). They share a genuine connection that always shines through. Mutsumi's the one who makes the cast feel like an actual group of friends and not a strange collection of people tolerating each other because they all like the same person. I probably would've dropped the show if he wasn't in it. Best Boy.

I agree with this so much, honestly he carries the whole harem on his back and is also the only reason why I kept watching this show.

Back